This is an excerpt from an article found on MSN today. It states that meals should alternate between protein/carb meals and protein/fat meals, and that we shouldn’t eat carbs and fats in the same meal. Is there any scientific basis for this though just another random theory?

***Q:I've followed every bit of advice you've ever offered, and still have excess flesh right below my belly button. How do I get rid of it?

A: Since my advice hasn't worked, I went to a higher authority. "It's 100 percent diet, and it's the obvious stuff," says Jose Antonio, Ph.D., an adjunct professor of exercise science at Florida Atlantic University. "Eliminate processed carbohydrates. If it comes in a package, don't eat it."

If you've already tried eliminating junk carbs -- fiberless cereals, sodas, "low-fat" baked goods -- try something more advanced: Separate carbohydrates and fat, so you never eat both in the same meal. Ideally, you alternate between the nonfat and the noncarb meals throughout the day, with each meal containing some protein. This is a technique recommended by John Berardi, C.S.C.S., a nutrition researcher at the University of Western Ontario.

It's easier to recommend than to implement. But I use it when I need to take off a pound or two of fat, and it works every time. A few examples of how to do it:

Breakfast
No Fat: High-fiber cereal with blueberries and nonfat milk
No (or low) Carbs: Eggs with low-fat meat

Lunch
No Fat: Sandwich made with turkey breast, whole-wheat bread, lettuce, tomatoes, and mustard
No (or low) Carbs: Tuna salad with mayonnaise

Dinner
No Fat: Baked skinless chicken breast, sweet potato, and salad with nonfat dressing
No (or low) Carbs: Sirloin steak and mixed- green salad (which has very few carbohydrates) with olive-oil-based dressing

Snack
No Fat: Nonfat yogurt, fruit
No (or low) Carbs: Peanut butter***