The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

need advise with girl issues.

hello guys,

I need some help from you guys, more in terms of advise etc.

I just broke up with my GF two months ago and I am back in the market. I am talking to a few girls. Here is my situation:

girl 1: i like her, she's very simple and non party type. Very homely. I swear she likes me the way she looks at me. We talk a lot on the phone and meet up from time to time. So here is the situation, I was talking to her and just asked what she thought of me, she says I am nice and kewl, but she would not date me. However, few nights a week we talk for like 4-5 hours. I don't get it? why would she talk and flirt, but not be interested in me?

girl 2: a friend's older sister. She is full of drama and parties every day of the week. Alcohol is her best friend. She looks nice and most of my friends are like just bone her. But I just don't want to get involved in causual sex and have to deal with the consequences of her drama.

what would u guys do? Should i skip both girls and move on to find something else. I don't want to be someone's punching bag or something. I have enuff issues of my own.

please advise...
    PHOENIX

height - 5' 10 1/2"
    weight - 161bs
    bench - 240lbs (2x)
    curl - 55lbs (dumbell 3x)
    squat - 285 lbs (few times)

goal to improve body along with strength with help of wbb.com

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

You asked out girl 1, and she said no. That means its time to go out with girl 2 to make girl 1 jelious. Then you can dump girl 2 when girl 1 comes round to her senses. This is a game you need to play all the cards.

Originally posted by Trent_Steel
    You asked out girl 1, and she said no. That means its time to go out with girl 2 to make girl 1 jelious. Then you can dump girl 2 when girl 1 comes round to her senses. This is a game you need to play all the cards.
    yeah in the mean time bone girl 2
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    Creatine is Overrated Social Group
    supplements are used to supplement!!
    "why do i train so hard? so i can play harder!"
    -kobe bryant

but the problem is girl 2 and girl 1 doesn't know each other.
    i could mention it to make girl 1 jealous.
    also, girl 1 will hang out with me - but supposedly it's not a date. which makes no sense to me. Can a boy and a girl just hang out ??

btw, i was out with girl #2 to the unveiling of the Ferrari Enzo last night and omg what a car. we had a blast..

thanks!
    PHOENIX

height - 5' 10 1/2"
    weight - 161bs
    bench - 240lbs (2x)
    curl - 55lbs (dumbell 3x)
    squat - 285 lbs (few times)

goal to improve body along with strength with help of wbb.com

Originally posted by PHOENIX
    Can a boy and a girl just hang out ??

thanks!
    Some people call that marriage

Well, you're girl 1's "boyfriend", and not the type of boyfriend you wanna be. Very homosuspicious.

Girl 2 sounds like a skank. Find something better.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

It's pretty clear that you've already moved into the "Let's Just Be Friends" zone with girl 1 (talk on the phone alot, meet up alot, called "nice" etc) so NEXT her and find someone new.

But I just don't want to get involved in causual sex and have to deal with the consequences of her drama.
    What drama? Casual sex doesn't have to carry drama with it. You're putting the cart about 10 feet in front of the horse. It sounds like girl 2 might turn you on to a fun party scene AND she might have some worthy friends for you to meet if she herself doesn't work out.

If you're anyone's punching bag atm then it's girl 1.
    However, few nights a week we talk for like 4-5 hours. I don't get it? why would she talk and flirt, but not be interested in me?
    You've already entered the LJBF zone. She's using your brain as an emotional dumping ground for what she needs to get off her chest. Do you really think you can maintain any sort of mystery (ie sexual attraction) with a girl you talk to 4-5 hours a few times a week?
    Last edited by Shroud; 10-23-2003 at 01:39 PM.

pursue #1 in a non-stalker way. keep doing what your doing, she may end up smitten.

forget about #2, she may be a fun friday night, but she is also alot of peoples saturday night.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Banned
    Originally posted by Shroud
    It's pretty clear that you've already moved into the "Let's Just Be Friends" zone with girl 1 (talk on the phone alot, meet up alot, called "nice" etc) so NEXT her and find someone new.

What drama? Casual sex doesn't have to carry drama with it. You're putting the cart about 10 feet in front of the horse. It sounds like girl 2 might turn you on to a fun party scene AND she might have some worthy friends for you to meet if she herself doesn't work out.

If you're anyone's punching bag atm then it's girl 1.

You've already entered the LJBF zone. She's using your brain as an emotional dumping ground for what she needs to get off her chest. Do you really think you can maintain any sort of mystery (ie sexual attraction) with a girl you talk to 4-5 hours a few times a week?
    you forgot to acknowledge your source!
    brought to you by sosuave.com(tm)

/shh Calahan

You'll give away all my secrets! j/k

Seriously though man. I think my comments are a damn fair assessment of where the original poster stands with girl 1. How many times have you moved from the "good friend" category into the "worth pursuing" category? It makes alot more sense to go out and meet someone new rather than pining for the girl you've already laid all your cards on the table for and ended up her phone buddy.

forget them both and move on
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

love is stronger than pride.

if he really likes girl 1, then she is worth pursuing. lets say he courts her for 9 months as just a friend, and finally she gives in, then he swallowed his pride and it paid off.

rather than saying"well i tried and she doesnt want me, her loss".
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

6'2"
    273 lbs.

or, order a bride from russia

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Re: need advise with girl issues.

I don't get it? why would she talk and flirt, but not be interested in me?

Girls like guys to chase after them, whether they like that particular guy or not. Just ignore her, if she really likes you that will drive her crazy. If not, then be friends with her if you think she would make a good friend.

Girls that drink everyday of the week only spell trouble. Not only are they hard to trust, but who wants to date a complete drunk lol.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Originally posted by MrWebb78
    love is stronger than pride.

if he really likes girl 1, then she is worth pursuing. lets say he courts her for 9 months as just a friend, and finally she gives in, then he swallowed his pride and it paid off.

rather than saying"well i tried and she doesnt want me, her loss".
    just dont let either of them control your life or pursue other "opportunities". go on dates with other people and what not, and with her as well - maybe she will see that you are too busy for her sometimes and see what she is missing.
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

Read what you're saying man. You're telling the guy to put his own life on hold for the next 9 months under the mistaken and farfetched hope that she will "come around" and miraculously be attracted to him one day. In the meantime, he gets to look forward to 4-5 hour conversations with her a few times a week when he could be getting over her and onto a life of his own where he might actually meet someone who IS attracted to him in a way that isn't strictly as a friend. There is nothing wrong with having women as friends but he should view this girl as exactly that, a friend.

#1. FRIEND!!!!
    Give up lol......

#2. Uh.....I can't really say as I don't know her character.

Time to move on.....

Wannabebig New Member
    Ok , OK , here you go .

Keep playing it cool with girl 1 , leave girl 2 alone . Your friends sisters are out of bounds . That is a no-no .

Get with other chicks and keep it cool with girl 1 , the time will come when you can throw it in .

Remember " Don't hate the player , hate the game ".
    Give me your broken , give me your beaten ... I will build them up , I will lead them ... to the threshhold . Make you stronger , make you believe .

I have successfully made the change from "friend" to "boyfriend" before. And she absolutely loves me now. However, if it had taken longer than a month I don't think I would've continued trying.

I think you need to start looking for other fish.

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    Originally posted by Brawl
    Remember " Don't hate the player , hate the game ".
    You're supposed to quote Booker Ttuttut

Well, stay buddies with No. 1, forget No. 2, you can do better than her, totally not worth pursuing.
    Last edited by CanadianHomer; 10-23-2003 at 04:28 PM.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

If you really are into girl #1, just do the hanging out thing. Creep your way in there. Work her over. Don't be too obvious. If she starts dating someone else, ABORT. Otherwise, go in for the kill.

Girl #2: I dunno man, personally I would bang her and get it over with. But I respect your position here. My best advice is to let her slide. Forget the skank.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Originally posted by Shroud

Read what you're saying man. You're telling the guy to put his own life on hold for the next 9 months under the mistaken and farfetched hope that she will "come around" and miraculously be attracted to him one day. In the meantime, he gets to look forward to 4-5 hour conversations with her a few times a week when he could be getting over her and onto a life of his own where he might actually meet someone who IS attracted to him in a way that isn't strictly as a friend. There is nothing wrong with having women as friends but he should view this girl as exactly that, a friend.

if the girl is worth it, she is worth him putting his own life on hold and unselfishly committing to her.

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Jack's Utter Surprise Saturday Fever's Avatar
    I think it's a sick, twisted commentary on today's world that people ask total stranger on the internet how to handle their love lives.

bone both

Re: need advise with girl issues.

girl 1: i like her, she's very simple and non party type. Very homely.
    Just to clarify, in case you weren't aware :

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=homely

I wouldn't think a girl would like you if you described her as homely.