The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

How long to stick with WBB routine 1?

Been reading WBB routine 2 & 3 recently, and ive been on routine 1 now since approx start of June.

When should you change routings? Is it time dependant or person dependant? I still feel routing 1 is providing growth, should I only move to routine 2 when I begin to feel im stagnating? Or are the benefits to changing the routine after a period?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

My question to you….

A clever person would not change something that is working

Ok, that’s not a question lol, but the bodybuilding magazines might tell you to change your routine every week, but generally its best to focus on progression. If you are getting strong, and making physical gains stick with it.

If you find things are slowing down, you might need to reconsider.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? – My Training Journal

Wannabebig Member
    Thats what I thought. Just checking, cos some of the obvious things I used to think were complete myths
    6 ft tall

1st Aug : 172lbs - Seriously cut
    5th dec : 193 lbs - lost definition around waist. Slight loss of mobility in mid section.
    24th feb: 211 lbs - Has anyone seen my abs? I seem to have lost them.
    29th April : 200 lbs and Ive seen sightings of my abs!

don't tell me you were doing dumbell kickbacks for 50 reps to tone your triceps?

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Wannabebig Member
    Oh I have fallen for it all, cos it all sounds reasonable until the next reasonable thing comes along.

Training longer and more often will bring gains faster ....
    Aerobic is the only way to loose fat .....
    You have to do 500 crunches a set to get a good abdomen ....
    Isolating muscles is best .....
    Resting is for wimps with no balls .....

It all sounds so reasonable until someone comes along with science. Thank all that is holy for the internetand this site/forum

In my defence I've never believed those 160lb superheroes who think they can curl twice the weight of the 250lb monster in the corner cos 'their muscles are denser and more efficient' (and yes this ive heard a number of times). Ive renamed several excercises after some of these people..... like the hip hump bicep curl, the stiff arm chin up and the my personal favourite I see three guys doing : the kangaroo preacher curl.

But when some guy in a Tshirt with INSTRUCTOR on it comes over and tells me I should train abs every day and aim for 30 to 50 reps a set cos abdomen muscle is different to all other muscle, I have to rely on you guys to keep me on the straight and narrow

And so far its working Eat, Squat, press, eat, rest, eat more, go buy new clothes.

5kg heavier, 2 strain injuries almost totally gone, bf slightly lower than before (and i was already cut). Not bad for a summers work. And its thanks to listening to you guys instead of my local gurus. But that means ill be here asking lots more dumb and possibly obvious questions cos id rather look dumb now and big later, than small and dumb later.
    6 ft tall

1st Aug : 172lbs - Seriously cut
    5th dec : 193 lbs - lost definition around waist. Slight loss of mobility in mid section.
    24th feb: 211 lbs - Has anyone seen my abs? I seem to have lost them.
    29th April : 200 lbs and Ive seen sightings of my abs!

Keep up the hard work and keep asking away

bulking
    So its not true that you should switch schemes every 2-3 months? I'm doing WBB1 too, about 6 weeks now and so far so good.