The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

PR blaster!

issue with gf...

Our relationship is great, everything is great, really, I want to marry this women and she feels the same. There's one issue that bugs me though. Whenever I mention anything about medicine or medical care because I find it interesting and my dad is a physician, she gets all squirmy and antsy. It concerns me...why does someone hate medical care, medicine, and doctors to the point they cant even discuss it. She's almost defensive about it. To me thats a clear signal that she had aversion from it, but when I ask, she denies everything. Keep in mind we can discuss ANYTHING else, you name it, except this. Worried...

any thoughts?
    "****, if you told teenagers it was trendy to wear a paper bag on their heads with holes for the eyes they'd all be doing it."

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I'd kill her.

No but being serious that is weird, there is something going on. Something happened in the past maybe that she has this really negative view on it. Really weird, keep trying to find out, goodluck.

if you really feel so strongly about her anyways then forget her hate for medicine
    Life isn't like Burger King, you can't always have it your way.

She has multiple STDs and she wants to continue having sex with you to make sure you have them all before she slaps you in the face and goes "HAHA! You're it!" and runs from the room.

skinny white boy
    haha

All you can really do it leave it alone or confront her about it. Personally, I'd like to confront her (well not me, but if I were you).
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

I don't see what the problem is? She doesn't like to talk about medical stuff. Like it bores her, or she gets grossed out? If that's all it is, then don't bring it up. Now if it's a matter of you want to be a doctor and she does't want you to be one, then I'd have issues. But if she's cool with what you want as your career but isn't hot on discussing details of surgery, then don't bring it up. Maybe I'm missing something.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

It's a Republic dammit! reloaded's Avatar
    :withstupi
    Too cool for school.
    My Blog

PR blaster!
    I've confronted her many times about it, but the conversations are very short lived. I ask why do they bother you and she can't give me an answer, and the discussion just upsets her. I've asked about any negative past experiences and she replied no, so I'm a little confused. We're not talking about brain surgery or blood and guts; it could be anything medically related, something as benign as a doctors visit, it almost makes her sick. I keep saying just give me a good reason and she just says no, stop. Otherwise, she's logically wired; this is the single exception. As far as career goes, I wouldnt rule out being a doc, but I'd label it unlikely at this point, leaning towards physics. She wouldnt mind if I became a doctor at all though, she wants me to be happy and satisfied. Still worried...

edit: she's not bored because of it.
    Last edited by sysopt; 10-15-2003 at 03:03 AM.
    "****, if you told teenagers it was trendy to wear a paper bag on their heads with holes for the eyes they'd all be doing it."

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    She sounds crazy..

Ever seen Audition?

Run for your life, man.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

She probably doesn't want to talk about it because of how you'd feel about it, it could be some <girl> doctor thing, or maybe something about an ex, or maybe she just ain't ready to tell you yet. Don't sweat it though, unless you get a gut feeling, trust your instincts bro.
    "The highest reward for man's toil is not what he gets for it, but what he becomes by it." -John Ruskin 1819-1900

"He who fights monsters should see to it that in the process, he does not
    become a monster. And when you look into the abyss, the abyss also looks into
    you." - Nietzche

It might prove to be a problem when one of you gets sick and needs some medication or something... You need to find out really if your that serious about her i rekon. Ring her mum up and explain things and mabye she can shed some light or give you a some clues about it?

How old are you two???

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

Originally posted by Exnor
    It might prove to be a problem when one of you gets sick and needs some medication or something... You need to find out really if your that serious about her i rekon. Ring her mum up and explain things and mabye she can shed some light or give you a some clues about it?

Ring her shrink up dude......and get a background check on her too, you never know!

Originally posted by Dedicated
    I'd kill her.
    We have a Gyno Rhino in training here...

PR blaster!
    To clarify some points: I am 20 and she is 19, niether of us have had sex. I am worried because of the exact reason Exnor mentioned which is in a situation where she really needed medical treatment and she would deny it and harm herself...I think if it were that serious I would force her. She isnt so close to her mother and she doesnt get along with her so well. She's never been to a mental health professional either. She didnt have any serious boyfriends in the past.

skinny white boy
    nutcase.

Esactun..atly!

relax man, use protection and you will be fine.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.