Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Alright, I'm getting serious now.

i WILL be big.
    oh, and pictures are available on my pictures thread:
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...825#post682825

hey Seb.. just found your journal through the pictures thread. That's a pretty sad story = (. I wish you all the best in the future and hope you can put this all behind you soon!

i WILL be big.
    hehe, not hard to imagine, I've got local friends doing basically the same. it's sinking in... I guess you can't change your perception of somebody you knew for so long in an instant, but now I'm starting to really see her for what she is.

I'll post two workouts tomorrow, yesterday's and tomorrow's.

i WILL be big.

he's alive!!

well, I finally have time (actually I don't, I'm just telling myself that) to make an update here... have no fear, I kept on training pretty well throughout my absence from the forum.

I experienced an expected hiatus during the end of december/early beginning of january, due to work totally preventing me from a) getting good rest and a proper nutrition and b) actually going to the gym.

So I'm now in the second week of my comeback with some tweaks to the WBB routine #1, which I expect to keep for a little while longer, until I stop making gains.

I'm not going to post all my workouts here manually, but I did update my Excel file tonight, so I'm uploading it for your viewing pleasure. You can thus easily gauge my surprisingly good progression until the slight plateau at the end, where I was more tired because of school and job interference. Simply making it to the gym isn't sufficient, or so it seems...

the next step, tomorrow most likely, will be to post the beginning of the 2004 season, also in Excel format to save time. I shall also make comments on my current physical and mental conditions. 'till then, tata!!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Seb; 01-13-2004 at 09:45 PM.

Hey, welcome back!

i WILL be big.
    Well, sorry for the delay (as if anyone really cared...)!
    Attached is an Excel file (zipped) of the beginning of the 2004 Winter season.
    I would like to say things have been going great and I've been enjoying great progress, but that's not true. In fact, I've been stagnating for a while now. I started to see the curve flatten out at the end of 2003, and now it's confirmed, I am not improving much, if any on some exercises. I do still get sore, however, which means that there has to be SOMETHING happening, but as suggested, I'm going to switch to the WBB routine #2 after I complete this week.

Otherwise, I'm in pretty good shape, I had a temporary scare when I started to see my abs disappear a week an a half ago, but it's all better now, I'm eating better (concentrating on protein [MEAT], avoiding sugar and fat as much as possible) and I've started working out regularly again.

Psychologically, I'm doing a lot better, I spent a whole week with a friend I hadn't seen in a long time, we went out and hanged out and just otherwise had a lot of fun, which was good for morale, and I've started to progressively come out of my shell and actually talk to women, and surprisingly, pretty hot ones seem to be interested in me... More detail will ensue as that area develops, but suffice it to say that my self-esteem has been restored.

Motivation-wise, things are excellent, I'm still enjoying the gym.

I'm going to have more free time in the next few months, which will be spent SKIING. I've started up again after 2.5 years of abscence from the slopes, it was great and very hard on the legs, which is a good thing. I plan to go skiing about twice a week every week until the end of the season.

Anywho, that's about all, I'll try to update this journal more regularly from now on, and not just with zipped Excel files, but explicit training logs. 'til next time, ta-taa!
    Attached Files Attached Files

i WILL be big.
    No leg workout today (Wedsnesday). I may do one tommorrow, but it is not required since I went skiing today, and I am already sore; I pushed myself to the limits of my muscular endurance, which apparently isn't very far...

i WILL be big.
    so I did go skiing, and I didn't do the leg workout, as my legs were thoroughly exhausted from the skiing. good feeling.

I did work out on the 23rd, however, and here's what happened:

23/01/2004
    5:00pm
    165lbs

SHOULDERS

Military Press
    7x120
    7x120

Seated DB Press
    8x60
    6x60

Standing DB Side Raises
    10x40
    10x35

TRICEPS

Close-grip BB Bench Press
    8x160
    7x160

French Press
    8x86
    7x86

BICEPS

Standing EZ BB Curls
    7x96
    7x96

Alternate DB Hammer Curls
    8x55

Standing BB Cable Curls
    7x160

no abs workout, which I felt guilty about.

i WILL be big.
    WBB ROUTINE #2 STARTS HERE

Yes, today was the day I started WBB Routine #2. Numbers first, impressions after.

27/01/2004
    3:00pm
    165lbs

CHEST-BACK

DB Incline Press
    12x75
    9x80

Close Grip Chin-ups
    8xBW+30 - 2xBW immediately
    8xBW+20

Flat DB Flies
    11x35
    11x35

Deadlifts
    12x205
    11x205

Decline BB Bench Press
    10.5x185
    9x185

Seated Cable Rows
    10x195
    8x195

WOW. I hadn't gotten that kind of a pump for a LONG time. I don't know what the long-term results will be, but it sure feels damn good doing it! My forearms were also pretty toast, what with the chins and deadlifts... No problem with any exercise as far as form, I'm pretty used to most of them.

I wuill probably go skiing tomorrow, so I may not workout the legs, but I certainly will do it Thursday, and hopefully the curl-jockey day will follow on Friday. I know skiing throws my schedule out of whack completely, but it's worth it, I'm having fun.

'Til next time, be good!

i WILL be big.
    catching up on the journal entries... I really should do them right after each workout.

so day 2 (legs) of the WBB#2 was on 28-01-04 at 2:45pm
    weigh-in: 164lbs (1lb down)

Squats
    15x185

Leg Press
    21x270

Leg Extensions
    13x135

Hamstring Curls
    8x120
    9x110

Seated Calf Raises
    18x80
    Standing Calf Raises
    23x185

ABS
    Decline Crunches
    10x45
    10x45
    10x45

Russian Twist
    15xBW
    17xBW

As can be seen, I was adjusting my weights, this range of reps is unknown to me. The pump was there as it hasn't been for a long time, however the workout was far from taxing overall, despite good intensity, and I got no soreness from it. Let's wait and see if it works once I get my weights and reps correctly. At the very least, it should help me tremendously with my skiing, because that's exactly the same kind of fatigue I get during a run.

i WILL be big.
    skipped the Biceps, Triceps, Shoulders workout due to work-related commitment.
    not that bad, as I felt some fatigue in my arms from the first workout.

I did go skiing on Friday (30-01-04) however.
    Last edited by Seb; 02-02-2004 at 10:55 PM.

i WILL be big.
    02-02-2004
    2:00pm
    164lbs (same)

CHEST-BACK

DB Incline Press
    10x80
    9x80

Close-grip Chins
    10x20
    9x15

DB Flies
    11x40
    10x40

Deadlift
    11x215
    9x215

Decline BB Bench Press
    11x185
    9x185

Seated Cable Rows
    11x195
    10x195

Man, I was SPENT after that workout. I was like a zombie for hours, I hadn't eaten enough before the workout. I haven't had that feeling for ages, or so it seems, feels good! Feeling the soreness already tonight, weights were good and kept me in the proper rep range. Legs tommorrow, hope for better results than last week. Will definitely do day 3 on Thursday.

i WILL be big.
    back to a regular posting schedule, yay!

03/02/2004
    1:30pm
    163lbs (1lb down)

LEGS

Squats
    21x155

Leg Press
    20x300

Leg Extensions
    12x135

Hamstring Curls
    9x120
    8x120

Seated Calf Raises
    23x70

Standing Calf Raises
    25x135

ABS

Decline Crunches
    45x11
    45x10
    45x10

Russian Twists
    BWx16
    BWx17

Great pump, especially in the quads, but I felt that last week as well, and did not feel any soreness. On the other hand, my back has progressed in leaps and bounds in the past months, and it doesn't usually feel sore either, so DOMS seems not to be required for growth.

I've also started eating more again, realizing my BW was actually dropping, so lots of meat is being consumed, as well as lots of dairy products, for protein intake.

I should go skiing tommorrow, we'll see how my legs feel then. I'm a little bit concerned that the skiing is hampering precious resting time for the legs and maybe the lower back, but I'm certainly not about to sacrifice that on the altar of bodybuilding, so tough luck. Besides, my legs have rested enough in the past years, they can work now. Maybe the constant pressure will shock them into growth, who knows?

Anyhoo, next workout day on Thursday, first Shoulders, Tris and Bis workout on the new routine, we'll see what comes out of it.
    Last edited by Seb; 02-03-2004 at 12:48 PM.

i WILL be big.
    Shoulders, Triceps, Biceps today.
    First time I did this workout, as I missed it during the first week of WBB#2...

05-02-2004
    6:45pm
    164lbs (up 1lb)

SHOULDERS

supersetted
    Seated DB Press
    Standing DB Lateral Raises
    Front DB Raises
    supersetted

6x55 6x60
    6x35 6x35
    6x35 6x35

TRICEPS

Incline Skull Crushers
    12x66

Decline Skull Crushers
    11x66

Dips*
    12xBW
    11xBW

BICEPS

Incline DB Curls
    10x35
    9x35

Hammer Curls
    8x50
    9x45

*Really strict on the dips, going down sloooooow... Kept my elbows real close, and my upper body as upright as possible. There was intense stress on the pecs, but mainly it was the triceps, so I guess it's working. My tris are pretty easy to hit anyways. I wish I had a weighted belt to add weight to this exercise, but on the other hand it would probably make me cheat if I increased the weight. So I'll just keep it super strict.

Other than that, everything went great, I don't know whether I should aim for exhaustion on the seated DB presses, or keep in mind that I still have to use a decent weight on the side and front raises...

I felt great and thought I looked great with the pump at the end of the doctor, so all in all it was a good workout I think.

i WILL be big.
    quick addendum: I went skiing on Wednesday (easy) and Friday (hardcore).
    today Saturday, my legs are not sore, but still feel tired.
    I don't know what I'll have to do to get them sore...