The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Threaded View

i WILL be big.

Watch me grow stronger in real time...

Hello all,

I just discovered this great online community, which I hope will help me accomplish my goals of becoming serious about lifting.

First, a brief bio: I used to be a competitive swimmer for 7 years, quit around 18yrs old, but I kept working out on and off with no real intensity or regularity until now. A recent breakup means I now have more time, and also helped with my motivation to get serious about building the body I ultimately want.

Now, I am definitely not only after looks; I have always trained for the pure fun of it, the results are more of a bonus or fringe benefit to me. So you most likely will not see me shave my body, or alter completely the course of my life for the training stuff. I wil ltry to watch my diet a little bit more, but don't expect me to start gulping protein shakes, again, rearranging my life is not the goal here, I simply want to take up an activity that will be good for me, and that will be structured as well. A challenge, I guess you could say.

I am now around 155lbs depending on the time of day, I eat A LOT but never get really fat, although I have noticed a loss in muscle definition as of late (part of my motivation to take this up). I have a lot of trouble putting on weight, and more recently I also have had a bit of trouble putting on more weights at the gym. I have reached a plateau that cannot be broken without some additional dedication. I figure posting here regularly and getting your comments will help me soldier on, as I cannot find training partners who will provide that sort of motivation and keep up with me.

I will be honest: for the past few years, I have been concentrating on the upper body A LOT more than the legs. This has resulted in some imbalance (see pictures posted later). I now will give the legs the importance they deserve, and I have also started running so that will help as well.

I used to create my own routines using the knowledge I had about working out, which, without being encyclopedic, was good enough. I have been stuck in the same exercises for a long time, however, and wanted to try some new stuff, so I went ahead and started with the Wanna Be Big Routine number 1. I will alter it and change to #2 later, but for now it gives me the right mix of good basic exercices and novelty I was looking for.

I will need your help with two things: 1) keeping me motivated and 2) helping me find out what my weaknesses are, both in terms of physique and strength.

As far as goals go, I will see what is attainable when I start seeing gains, but I definitely want to get stronger, and I want to build muscle mass. I will watch my food intake and try to get some cardio in my regimen to keep lean, however, so no bulking/cutting phases for me. I am looking for continuous, regular improvements, but I don't mind if it's a bit slower.

So please feel encouraged to offer your comments and guidance as well as encouragements. They will be highly appreciated. I will now post some pictures of myself so you can see the damage for yourself... Then, the journal begins!

P.S.: Never used supplements, nor enhancers such as creatine. I don't plan to either. Also, forget about any kind of performance-enhancing drugs. I'm going all-natural baby, let's see how far my genetics and hard work can get me!
    Last edited by Seb; 11-15-2003 at 12:03 AM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!