Thread: Mood Swings During Workout

Mood Swings During Workout

I have mood swings during my workouts, when I'm doing a heavy set and some hard rock music is blasting I get extremely excited, cocky and confident. When something is slow and mellow I get relaxed and lazy.

Have anybody else experienced anything similiar?

I think it's has something to do with adrenline that is released during the workout.
    Life isn't like Burger King, you can't always have it your way.

Re: Mood Swings During Workout

Originally posted by John0101
    I have mood swings during my workouts, when I'm doing a heavy set and some hard rock music is blasting I get extremely excited, cocky and confident. When something is slow and mellow I get relaxed and lazy.

I think it's has something to do with adrenline that is released during the workout.
    Yea this happens to me also. I try to find that psychotic mental state every workout. It's funny cause friends who come over(I workout at home) when I'm working out think I'm totally nuts.

It happens to me to. I think I may buy an MP3 player and take it with me so I can get a great workout. Last time I heard the Superman theme and almost took off off and away on the elliptical.

Gonnabebig Member JuniorMint6669's Avatar
    Yup. I gotta get an MP3 player too. Also mood swings depending on how my lifts are going. If my first set is good, the rest of the workout im in a mindset that I can lift anything. If the first sets a bust, the rest generally go the same way.

No mood swings. I'll probably get pissed when I don't reach a goal when Im supposed to, but that hasn't happend yet. *knock on wood*
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

I don't have mood swings when I'm in the gym. I'm either set up for a workout with the right mood or not. I'll sometimes have crappy workouts which will place me in bad mood afterwards.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

I've gotten used to hearing all kind of pop crap at my gym. God help me, even Justin Timberlake was playing during my rows yesterday. I've just learned to completely focus on my movements and tune out that sh-t.
    "The only sin which we never forgive in each other is difference of opinion."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.

Your asking people if its normal to get pumped listening to certain songs? Wow.

Originally posted by Berserker
    Your asking people if its normal to get pumped listening to certain songs? Wow.
    ok, everybody get "pumped" when they listen to certain songs, but is it more extreme when your lifting?
    Life isn't like Burger King, you can't always have it your way.

Maybe you should check to see if you're injecting the right hormones.

*cymbal crash

My hormones get out of check when there is a really hot chick in the gym, does that count as a mood swing

Well if your energy levels "rise."

I'm just at a point below screaming and yelling obsenities when lifting. I don't think it's too socially acceptable....

I'm perpetually angry at myself during workouts because I always think I can lift more than I may in a given set, so I curse at myself.

I am pumped up during (without music) and for maybe 30 minutes after. Then I am cranky and sleepy.

Re: Mood Swings During Workout

Originally posted by John0101

cocky?
    I just get mean.
    I think about all the bit.ches that pissed me off and the shi.t they did.
    I get a mean look on my face.
    I think it freaks people out.
    Train.