The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Banned

Chest and tri's worked separately in 1 week = ok?

do you think this sort of workout routine could lead to overtraining? i'll be working bi's and tri's indirectly by performing chest and back on separate days.. and then working them directly later in the week on their own days.

chest/shoulder/bi's - mon

REST - TUES

legs - wed

REST - THURS

back/tri's - friday

REST - SAT, SUN, MON

start again on tuesday

is there gona be a problem working chest on mon, then tri's again on fri... or back on tues, then bi's on thursday

i been doing chest/tri, back/bi, shoulders legs for a long time so i'm looking to change it up.. but i don't want to overtrain.

i'm not a newbie to training.. trained about 3 years now... so i definitely know how to utilize intensity in my training. That's why i'm afraid of overtraining. comments?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Being that the tri's and bi's are smaller muscle groups that tend to recover more quickly than the other larger muscle groups, I don't see that routine being a problem. If after 4-5 weeks you start to feel your arms are taking longer to recover or you feel some of your compound lifts are taking a hit then you might want to reevaluate it but it looks fine to me.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

It's a Republic dammit! reloaded's Avatar
    well many of us do alot of compound movements, so most of what i've seen only involve actually training bi's or tri's approx. once or twice a week. i would see no need to change any of the routine you showed above unless it doesnt work out for you. compound movements comtribute to many muscles overall, so you shouldn't have a problem.
    Too cool for school.
    My Blog

I don't see any problems with that split either. Your tri's and bi's will have recovered by then.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

Banned
    cool.. just making sure

I do Chest and tri's on 2 seperate days right now and it seems to be just fine. I give them about 3 days in between.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee