Thread: Home gym question !

Home gym question !

ok, i go to a gym. my gym sucks. And now im going to do something about it. Being as im venturing into the home gym world for the first time i obviously have some questions. Any comments would be great.

i have 300 max to spend. i gather the bare essentials are a multi inclination bench, squat rack and weights. of course a barbell weights and dumbels.

From this i know i can do squats, incline,decline and flat bench. deadlifts. dumbel curls and overhead tricep extentions.

Any more exercises ? what can i do for shoulder. i shoulder press at gym.

being a a student and im on a limited budget i wont be able to afford much else. i know i can get a chin up bar cheap so that would also be good. Any other essential equipment? Dip stations are quite expensive.

Also with a home gym do you think its possible for me to gain just as fast as i am at the moment. Are all the extra isolation exercise that important ? because there is no way i will be able to afford machines.

thanks for support.
    Find out about me : Andy Palmer
    Check out my : Bodybuilding Weblog

>> Any more exercises ? what can i do for shoulder. i shoulder press at gym.

Military Press for the front delts, lateral raises for the side delts, and reverse laterals for the rear delts. There are a ton of exercises you can do btw with just free weights.

I have a bench, a crappy squat rack, and one of those door pullup bars and I can do tons of exercises. The only thing you might have a problem with is calf raises, I'm still trying to find a good way to do those with my current setup. Also no dips kind of sucks.

A power rack is a better investment than a squat rack, in the long run. You can do pulldowns, chinups, dips, bench presses, OH presses, and squats. With a squat rack you can do squats, and maybe presses if you don't mind trying to land the barbell on a short pin versus a long safety bar.

thanks, back to another one of my questions. can i gain considerable mass just focusing on.... Various bench presses, squats, deadlifts, chins, curls, extensions and military or shoulder press.
    Find out about me : Andy Palmer
    Check out my : Bodybuilding Weblog

Def go for power rack, an oly. bar, adjustable bench and a heavy weight set is all you really need. U can make your own pullup bar and dip station.

Compound movements are the way to go for mass, bench, squats, deadlift, miliatry, chins/pullups, rows hit all your major muscles and is all you really need imo and can do all of this with a power rack.
    Life isn't like Burger King, you can't always have it your way.

Working out at home is great. Definitely a time saver. Also sometime I'll do one quick exercise in the morning. Cuts down on my evening workout and lets hit that one with some extra intensity.
    Your list sounds good to me.