Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the state of WWE

It's a Republic dammit! reloaded's Avatar

the state of WWE

hey yo. well i just gotta say...wwe sucks nowadays. the only good thing is that Goldberg is the champ, RVD has gold around his waste finally, and HHH is gone to get wed to the billion dollar princess in real life. anyone else think the old ECW and WCW stars have been misused? i mean, im tired of seeing HHH week after week, the Undertaker's biker gimmick, and people like scotty steiner, booker t, and jericho getting buried all the time by jobbing to peeps! i mean, steiner and T used to be WCW champ! ugh...im outtie. stuff really ticks me off.
    Too cool for school.
    My Blog

Yeah, I'd have to agree there's some lame stuff lately. I think it's kinda cool though how the McMahon family is all against Vince now like he's some evil overlord or something.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

I stopped watching it about 6 months before they bought WCW, then I knew I could never watch it for they ruined wrestling and the competition.

Personally I think WCW was always better. The storylines/plot and character development, and who could forget the nitro girls

anyone a fan of vince russo? that guy was/is the man!
    Too cool for school.
    My Blog

Wannabebig Member chrisconnell85's Avatar
    WE NEED ECW BACK

E C DUB! E C DUB!

AMEN.

E C DUB! E C DUB!
    Too cool for school.
    My Blog

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    Originally posted by chrisconnell85
    WE NEED ECW BACK

E C DUB! E C DUB!
    :withstupi

"You f***ed up!!!, you f***ed up!!!"
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

Re: the state of WWE

Originally posted by reloaded
    ...stuff really ticks me off.
    Well don't take it too hard, it's only fake wrastlin'
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

Hey wait a second, wrestling is fake?

Wannabebig Member chrisconnell85's Avatar

Re: Re: the state of WWE

Well don't take it too hard, it's only fake wrastlin' [/B][/QUOTE]

Boy do I hate when people use that line. How about the movies you watch? Their like 90% fake too!...:P

:withstupi

no kidding...everyone knows wrestling is fake anyway. i hate peeps arguments like that because they sometimes think im stupid for watching it. but then i blast back at them and say 'well you watch tv right?' 'tv and movies are fake!' then they shut up.
    Too cool for school.
    My Blog

"hey turn off that fake wrastlin! survivor is on!"

i encourage anybody who thinks wrestling is fake, to take one weekend out of their life and go try out at a good wrestling school.

predetermined? usually, sometimes matches are decided in the middle of the match, or at the end. fake action? far from it.

the intriguing part, is that gay hollywood actors need 20+ takes to get a fake fight scene right, professional wrestlers get ONE take to get it right live, or they may be looking for a job.
    Last edited by MrWebb78; 10-20-2003 at 02:59 PM.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Jack's Utter Surprise Saturday Fever's Avatar
    WCW had some horrible stories. They'd build something up for a week and then it just disappeared. But that would be Eric Bischoff being an idiot more than the wrestlers themselves.

Some of the WCW guys were good, but a large majority of them were guys who showed up in Atlanta on Monday and were in the PPV main event that Saturday.

Mannequin's Lover
    It's really funny nowdays if anyone pays attention, there isn't one week where there is a solid RAW and Smackdown show in the same week. It's really strange, ain't it?

The biggest problem lies within the thick headed people up in the front office, not giving what the fans really want to see, and what they want to do in the profession ladder. Take example Triple H. Was holding the belt for a year plus, and hasn't given up his belt. After awhile, the "shine" of the champion goes away. They need to give it off to keep the story lines somewhat spontaneous. I really think Booker T should have gotten that title. But of course they went with whatever the chairman's daughter was sleeping with....

Goldberg is all hype. Intensity is there, no doubt can he put on a show with his strength for maybe 20 seconds, but thats about it. Highly marketable guy, so I see the logic on where WWE wants to cash in on him. If he made the ligitament effort to up his "game" and learn how to put people over other than himself and sell hits in matches, he can be solid. I can say a lot more, but it's really beating a dead horse.

The ultimate weakness is how WWE is managing it's talent. There is absolutely nothing wrong with their talent. They are just mis-used. Too many younger kids being squashed by older talents, then bumped down to mid-card wrestlers for the remaining of their careers. WWE writers also have this "no ideas other than ours and the fellow political leaders." And the political leaders, with the exception of Kurt Angle, they all suck. Goldberg, Triple H, you name it. I respect Taker to an extent, but he has a hard time putting other people over...

At the end of the day, I'd prefer to watch Smackdown over RAW, easily. Eddie Geurreo, Lesnar, Angle, Cena, they all make it watchable.
    Last edited by IronFist; 10-20-2003 at 05:57 PM.

Re: Re: Re: the state of WWE

Originally posted by chrisconnell85
    Boy do I hate when people use that line. How about the movies you watch? Their like 90% fake too!...:P
    This statement shows you take wrestling way too seriously.

Yes everybody knows it's fake. I'm not discrediting them as athletes though. I loved watching MTV's Tough Enough. It showed how much those guys and girls put themselves through. But you have to admit the story lines for that stuff are pretty damn cheesy. It's like a night time action soap opera.

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

wwe turned to crap once the rock whent to do his first movie, but started to decline when wcw was bought out. give some of these guys some decant story line, wwe is nothing with out russo as said before
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    Creatine is Overrated Social Group
    supplements are used to supplement!!
    "why do i train so hard? so i can play harder!"
    -kobe bryant

Originally posted by MrWebb78
    the intriguing part, is that gay hollywood actors need 20+ takes to get a fake fight scene right, professional wrestlers get ONE take to get it right live, or they may be looking for a job.
    Um...besides a slap to the face, you can tell there's no contact. And their reactions to getting powerbombed or whatever are hilarious.

I can't believe I'm debating wrestling.

Originally posted by mikey4402
    wwe turned to crap once the rock whent to do his first movie, but started to decline when wcw was bought out. give some of these guys some decant story line, wwe is nothing with out russo as said before
    yup, once vince lost his competition(wcw) there was no need to come up with new sh!t anymore, now its simply a matter of how bad do you wanna watch wrestling.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Originally posted by Tim Nissen

Um...besides a slap to the face, you can tell there's no contact. And their reactions to getting powerbombed or whatever are hilarious.

I can't believe I'm debating wrestling.
    hey youre entitled to your opinion, but as i also stated, pleeeeaaaaase take one weekend to go tryout at a GOOD wrestling school. then come back and tell me there is no contact and that its all BS

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Originally posted by MrWebb78

hey youre entitled to your opinion, but as i also stated, pleeeeaaaaase take one weekend to go tryout at a GOOD wrestling school. then come back and tell me there is no contact and that its all BS
    Don't listen to me MrWebb, I'm just being obnoxious. I don't know if you've seen tough enough or not but I thought it would have been a fun thing to do. I know those guys get beat really good. But still, the story lines are just plain goofy.

i think we all get a kick out of being obnoxious, i know i do i totally blow off tough anough becuase its just MTV's the real world with a little more action.

but for sure, when a 2 hour wrestling show becomes 20 minutes of wrestling and 100 minutes of backstage soap opera, its kinda stupid.

6'2"
    273 lbs.

i have alot of respect for people that actually go and learn how to wrestle professionally. it's far from fake as far as contact and athletics go. i mean, that mat isnt the softest thing in the world and when someone blades...yeah, that leaves a mark. i gotta give credit to NWA-TNA ran by the jarretts. i have only seen a few clips, but what ive been told its awesome. its nice to see a newer federation that doesnt get characters over by storyline, but what happens in the ring. btw, both vince russo and paul heyman are geniuses! if anyone here ever gets a chance to go to a live event, even a small independent federation from another city or whatever, i say go. ive been to a pay per view, wcw nitro and thunder, wcw house show and two independent venues. freaking rocks. but even if no one feels like going, they always have LOTS of beer.
    Too cool for school.
    My Blog

BTW does anyone know what happened to Batista? He just kinda dissapeared....
    Last edited by Saint Patrick; 10-20-2003 at 10:46 PM.

LMFAO!!!! I just saw a commercial for Macho Man Randy Savage's new Rap album. It looked so f**kin rediculous.

If you don't believe me look here http://www.machoman.com

Apparently he's calling out Hogan.