Thread: does the bone in your forearm feel like its going to snap after working your bi's?

Wannabebig Member

does the bone in your forearm feel like its going to snap after working your bi's?

Lately the bone in my left forearm feels like it's going to snap when I work on my biceps. It also happens if I am just picking up a weight.

Has anyone had this happen? If so, how did you get rid of it?

Hmm that can't be good never happened to me. I felt like my arms were going to explode today when I worked out, like the muscles were going to literally rip my skin open. But bone...nope never.

Milk, Milk, Milk JeffWillConquer's Avatar
    that would scare the shiznit out of me. Are you getting enough milk?
    Growing
    Height: 5'11

Actually I got my right wrist fractured maybe 2 months ago.

I recently tried to go the preacher curls at 50 lbs (not a problem regularly) and my wrist felt like it was going to snap.

You may have some minor bone damage. Rest, drink milk and lighten up on it. I don't train my biceps right now and I don't want to rush it back without healing first or else I'll be out even longer.

Wannabebig Member
    Originally posted by JeffWillConquer
    that would scare the shiznit out of me. Are you getting enough milk?
    I drink a atleast 4 glasses a day.

My friend said that it happened to him, and the way he fixed it was dropping down in weight but doing slower reps. I tried that, but it just didn't feel like it was working well enough.

Wannabebig Member
    Originally posted by PizDoff
    Actually I got my right wrist fractured maybe 2 months ago.

I recently tried to go the preacher curls at 50 lbs (not a problem regularly) and my wrist felt like it was going to snap.

You may have some minor bone damage. Rest, drink milk and lighten up on it. I don't train my biceps right now and I don't want to rush it back without healing first or else I'll be out even longer.

The problem is I am still doing an OVT cycle.

And to my knowledge, I have never broken my wrist, or fractured it, or anything.

Banned
    are u talking about the sharp feeling of pain in your forearms when doing preacher curls?

it's kind of like shin splints.. but in your forearms..

if that's the case.. then somebody suggested curling your wrists at the top of the curl.

Wannabebig Member
    Originally posted by TiGeR AK
    are u talking about the sharp feeling of pain in your forearms when doing preacher curls?

it's kind of like shin splints.. but in your forearms..

if that's the case.. then somebody suggested curling your wrists at the top of the curl.
    \
    I have never had shin splits, but yea it is a sharp feeling.

So you suggest to curl the wrist when I bring the bar up? I'll give it a try, whats the reasoning behind it?

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar

Yep

Yep, I used to get that alot, its from strain on the bone, not being a doctor I can neither tell you thats its safe or all that bad, I literally could feel the pressure on my bones as I was curling, it just went away, so I don't know if that helps you or not, I wouldn't fret about it, I think its pretty hard to break a bone by sheer weight pressure.
    http://www.senseaboutscience.org.uk/

Starting Current
    Bench: 45 lbs Bench: 235 lbs
    Squat: 95 lbs Squat: 285 lbs
    Deadlift: 100 lbs Deadlift: 330 lbs

I've given this advice often. It's an injury from poor form. Take a week off, rest up, then when you come back, make sure you curl your wrist on all curls. I had the same problem, so bad it damned near brought tears to my eyes, and this aleviated it.
    Height-5' 7"
    Chest-46"
    Biceps-17"
    Waist-28"
    Squat- 360x8 DB Curl- 70x6

When I was carrying a less muscel this would happen to me - typically it happens to skinny guys with small bones - the weight being curled just strains the forearm..
    If it hurts - STOP IT.. your body it is trying to tell you something.

Drop the wieght - build your strength up (GRADUALLY) and return to the curl movement building up your poundage progressively.
    The old F40 is BACK, cocky grinning, smiling and happy.... at last! (with a few more lbs of muscle too!)

i use to get that all the time, you need to work on your forearm strength.

I used to get that all the time, and occasionally still do, right on the outside of the forearm whenever I did any type of curls. I really wanted to cry after finishing a lot of my back or bicep work, but I finally discovered that either taping the wrist to provide support or using gloves with wrist wraps (same effect as the tape) lessened and eventually got rid of the pain.
    Vincere aut mori

"The best inspiration is not to outdo others, but to outdo ourselves."

"From the inside looking out, you can't explain it; from the outside looking in, you can't understand it."