Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thicker arms??

arms

yea i been hitting tris i dont even bother working with my bi's but my tri's and delts are makking my arms pretty decent sized work those tris

Originally posted by Belial
    Where else should barbell curls be done? Now, if you'd say "Don't do curls in the squat rack if people are waiting to squat", that's one thing. But actually, the squat rack is a perfect place to do barbell curls.
    WHAT! *gets off floor and back on my chair*

I didn't expect that to come from B. I'm with ya on that one though!
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

Wannabebig Member
    What's the point of doing barbell curls in the squat rack?

Originally posted by Pipimo
    What's the point of doing barbell curls in the squat rack?

mostly for convenience

So when you are curling 185 lbs you don't have to waste energy picking it up from the floor , or, as the other fellow mention, for convenience.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Originally posted by chris mason
    So when you are curling 185 lbs you don't have to waste energy picking it up from the floor , or, as the other fellow mention, for convenience.
    As always Chris there are exceptions to the rule and you are certainly one of them. I think i could go as far as saying that 95% of trainees couldn't curl half of that weight!

The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

Banned
    nah, 95lbs isn't THAT heavy for curling, BigRon.

Now those 225lb curls that mason has the video of? Those were cool.

I agree Ron. Belial & Chris are part of a select few. Most people I see put at most 2 25lb plates on a barbell. At our gym, we have 2 100 lb barbells....on the barbell racks....at waist height.

Also, if you are curling 185 lbs, I seriously doubt you are going to waste any energy lifting that weight of the floor. Well, unless you are a curl jockey will no lower body strength.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

Banned
    Originally posted by Max-Mex
    I agree Ron. Belial & Chris are part of a select few. Most people I see put at most 2 25lb plates on a barbell. At our gym, we have 2 100 lb barbells....on the barbell racks....at waist height.

Also, if you are curling 185 lbs, I seriously doubt you are going to waste any energy lifting that weight of the floor. Well, unless you are a curl jockey will no lower body strength.
    yer rigjht, it needs to be in context

if you're doing BB curls in the squat rack while people are waiting to squat, while using the best knurled oly bar in the place, with an entire DIME on each side, then you deserve some kind of scorn....

Wannabebig Member
    I just need some inspiration here, what are some of your bicep/tricep routines how many sets of each and do you go light or heavy?

In terms of direct work for biceps i use:

2 sets of BB curls interchanged bi/weekly with preacher curls

and

2 sets of weighted dips

Thats it, bi's and tri's dont need alot of direct work, unless your Arnold or Lee Priest (whom advocate 20 sets for each)

I also suggest reading the 'Want big arms?' thread, its kicking around here somewhere pretty recent.
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...