Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seen this AST tape? Jeff Willet's arms

Seen this AST tape? Jeff Willet's arms

Has anyone seen this tape being offered on the AST sports science website? Does it work?

http://www.ast-ss.com/Products/Produ....asp?ProdID=97

I highly doubt the workout that he uses for his arms is going to work for the natural lifter. There really is no secret to building big arms, everything you need to know can be found on here- basically.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Is jeff using juice or something? Is that known?

by the way,

"There really is no secret to building big arms, everything you need to know can be found on here- basically."

That can be tough advise to follow since there are so many opposing belief and training programs used by memebers. Although the right info may be embedded on this site, it still can be overshadowed by guys who come on here and refute everything listed.

Are these high in protein? AlexBBbegginer's Avatar
    'Learn everything you need to know about building massive arms in less than 20 minutes! '

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA
    One the road to 180lbs...

7.5lbs gained in 3 weeks!

Originally posted by jock227
    by the way,

"There really is no secret to building big arms, everything you need to know can be found on here- basically."

That can be tough advise to follow since there are so many opposing belief and training programs used by memebers. Although the right info may be embedded on this site, it still can be overshadowed by guys who come on here and refute everything listed.
    But, there is a certain amount of core info that everyones agrees on, that is what should be concentrated on and followed. Which is, diet, heavy back work, some direct bi work(how much is up to you, and WHAT WORKS FOR YOU), squatting, and sleep. All of those things WILL build big arms, on anyone.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

lol I sense a bit of anger in that posting. FINE!

but again I ask, particularly since you inferred that Jeff is using Juice. Is he using juice or something? Is that known?

I wouldn't know, but by the looks of his picture it's a good possibility.

lol yeah thats true i can see that.

Are these high in protein? AlexBBbegginer's Avatar
    lol that video isnt even 20 mins long, Rofl
    One the road to 180lbs...

7.5lbs gained in 3 weeks!

I've been using AST's Max-OT principles in my workouts for years now, so I feel I can vouch for their program. First of all, let me dispel the confusion about Jeff Willet, he does not use gear. He is competing in natural events where they test for gear. He does, however, use prohormones.

As far as the video describing how to build your arms in 20 minutes, I don't understand what is so unbelievable about it. All he is saying is that you don't need to waste 1-2 hours in the gym on biceps each week to get them to grow. It is overload, NOT fatigue that gets your muscles to grow. Most of you guys who combine back and biceps into one day probably already follow this methodology. Anyway, the video is intended to show proper technique to people who don't know how to perform certain exercises - it isn't a 2 hour treatise on bicep growth theory.

Originally posted by Leviathan
    I've been using AST's Max-OT principles in my workouts for years now, so I feel I can vouch for their program. First of all, let me dispel the confusion about Jeff Willet, he does not use gear. He is competing in natural events where they test for gear. He does, however, use prohormones.
    There is no way he could use prohormones and compete in naturally tested events. Natural competitions do not even allow prohormones. If he is competeting in contests that allow prohormones then there would be no way to tell if he was just using prohormones or something extra.
    Last edited by WillKuenzel; 10-21-2003 at 04:21 PM.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

I know a lot of competitors whom compete in natural competitions and use gear, does this dispel what you've said Leviathan?

Skip La Cour's natural, right

Also what HomeBoy said.
    Last edited by BigChaseyChase; 10-21-2003 at 04:48 PM.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

nobody works out their arms solely on their bicep muscles. I think the inference was that a 20 minute work out for gaining mass to your ENTIRE arm seems implausible

Willet just placed very highly at the USAs (right show?---well, a national level show in any event) against many a drug user. I find it extremely difficult to believe that he is all natural or just using prohormones.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Originally posted by HomeYield
    There is no way he could use prohormones and compete in naturally tested events. Natural competitions do not even allow prohormones. If he is competeting in contests that allow prohormones then there would be no way to tell if he was just using prohormones or something extra.
    Good point. I wasn't aware that you couldn't test for specific substances. Does anyone know if they test for gear use at the USA's? Willet has won several natural competitions, so I'd be interested in hearing if he was tested before those competitions.

I've seen him on several shows and read a lot of what he has written, and I believe he hasn't used gear since he has worked for AST-SS. I'd rather give him credit for not using gear until it is proven that he has used it.

Originally posted by Leviathan
    Good point. I wasn't aware that you couldn't test for specific substances. Does anyone know if they test for gear use at the USA's? Willet has won several natural competitions, so I'd be interested in hearing if he was tested before those competitions.
    Its an NPC show:
    http://www.getbig.com/results/mens/usamens.htm

The NPC does not test. I've competeted in an NPC show and have known several other guys that have (and use steriods) but have never been tested.

The NPC is the feeder for the IFBB pro's and we all know that they don't test.

Its hard to imagine someone in this shape and him not using. That would truly be impressive.
    What is elite?

Originally posted by HahnB

But, there is a certain amount of core info that everyones agrees on, that is what should be concentrated on and followed. Which is, diet, heavy back work, some direct bi work(how much is up to you, and WHAT WORKS FOR YOU), squatting, and sleep. All of those things WILL build big arms, on anyone.
    Squatting makes your arms bigger? Back work? How?

Originally posted by EdgeCrusher
    Squatting makes your arms bigger? Back work? How?
    Your body tries to maintain a certain sense of balance. Your arms can only get so big without adding mass to your legs too. It just helps in the long run if you add mass overall.
    What is elite?

Originally posted by HomeYield
    Your body tries to maintain a certain sense of balance. Your arms can only get so big without adding mass to your legs too. It just helps in the long run if you add mass overall.

Found this on the ast website. A question put to Skip La Cour

Q: Are you taking prohormones? They are pretty much like steroids. Aren´t they?

A: That's a very good question. It's one that has caused a lot of controversy and confusion for a lot of people (especially natural bodybuilders).

Prohormones are really nothing like steroids. Yes, I know they were heavily promoted in the bodybuilding magazines as being just as effective as steroids and, yes, the IOC (International Olympic Comittee) and some "natural" bodybuilding and powerlifting federations have banned prohormones.

Steroids affect the body's hormone production process in a very direct route. Prohormones are not as direct or effective. Prohormones are what is called "precursors." In very simplistic terms, they work in this sort of manner: This happens in the body first; then this happens; then this happens......and you may slightly mimic the same affects as anabolic steroids.

Believe me, if prohormones were even remotely close to the muscle-building effectiveness of anabolic steroids, they would still be selling like crazy--and for a lot more money! Remember all those ads you saw in the magazines just a couple of years ago? It seemed like every other page was an ad for prohormones, didn't it?

Let me ask you a question. Where are all those ads all now? If prohormones were just as effective as steroids, there would be just as many ads promoting them now--if not more.

Just like many supplements in the past that were heavily promoted with outrageous claims of fast muscle-building capabilities, sales of prohormones have slowed down considerably now the consumers have used them for a significant period of time and realize they haven't lived up to the over-hype. I'm proud to say that AST Sports Science explained how prohormones worked--without all the hype that some unscrupulous supplement companies used.

Yes, prohormones are effective in helping you build muscle. But truthfully, they come nothing close to the effectiveness of steroids--and AST Sports Science never tried to deceive anyone. Prohormones are not illegal in the United States and many other countries--as are steroids either.

The reason why steroids are banned by some "natural" federations are because Nor-19 could possibly show up as Naladrone on a urine test. Instead of debating with a competitor whether they took the steroid "Deca" or the prohormone Nor-19, many organizations simply banned prohormones to avoid any excuse, controversy, or confusion. Some other organizations banned them because they bought into the outrageous claims and the crazy hype of the supplement company ads.

I dont know about Jeff Willet. If you look at the weight he is lifting in each exercise it is not huge. He also is not that big or heavy. If he were using steroids i'd be expecting much bigger lifts from him.

Also both Skip La Cour and Jeff Willet are being tarnished with trhe same brush but neither has been found guilty, they both 'supposedly' follow the same training and nutrition policies, also if they were juicing and were caught it would be a fairly bad blow to AST and their reputation. I dont think a company could risk that on the chance that they would be caught out in some drug test.

I couldnt care less if they were juicing or not, but I would say they are innocent until proven guilty

i wish jeff and skip come clean if they REALLY USE MAX-OT as i am not convinced....maybe jeff/skip if ur reading this tell us the TRUTH man
    "It's all about quality, not quantity. That's not to say that the other programs won't work. But you should learn first how to use intensity to it's fullest. You will encounter a lot of programs throughout the internet. None will be productive if you can't lift with the proper intensity." - Maki

Originally posted by ftotti10
    I dont know about Jeff Willet. If you look at the weight he is lifting in each exercise it is not huge. He also is not that big or heavy. If he were using steroids i'd be expecting much bigger lifts from him.

Also both Skip La Cour and Jeff Willet are being tarnished with trhe same brush but neither has been found guilty, they both 'supposedly' follow the same training and nutrition policies, also if they were juicing and were caught it would be a fairly bad blow to AST and their reputation. I dont think a company could risk that on the chance that they would be caught out in some drug test.

I couldnt care less if they were juicing or not, but I would say they are innocent until proven guilty

I have a different take on the situation. I think the very fact that they are both promoting nutritional supplements and a corresponding training regimen and claim to be natural makes them very suspect. It would certainly be to the advantage of the supplement company if their athletes were able to compete successfully against drug using athletes. In fact, if they were able to place highly in national shows completely drug free that would be a huge coup.

So, if said athletes were using low doses of anabolics or undetectable designer drugs (sound familiar?, I am sure someone other than the fellow who is being investigated right now has come up with an undetectable anabolic agent---of course there is always growth hormone) they could achieve a look that is very good, good enough to even do well at national level events while simultaneously claiming natural status. This would provide them with a niche in the competitive market and allow them to sell their philosophies and products to a believing public.

I cannot say for sure, but that is what I suspect is going on.

As to the company being in any jeopardy if the athletes are found out, I say hardly. The company would merely plead ignorance and most people would believe them and move on.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!