The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

t-bar row vs. bent row

I know they are very similar but which do you guys think is better for gaining size or should i alternate????

Bryan

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

What kind of bent over rows? Barbell or Dumbell?

T-bar by far (rhymes ). By the way, I did say by far!

Bigger fewl
    Why chris?

I would rather do bent over rows, its a more natural movement, being completely freeweight.
    Squat...Eat...Sleep...Grow!

Carpe diem

Milk.... it does the body good.

I find t-bar rows much more productive and comfortable...

I find that bent over barbell rown puts a lot of pressure on my lower back, enough to make it an uncomfortable movement for me.
    Last edited by Joe Black; 09-09-2001 at 01:22 AM.

Hammer strength are BY FAR the best

Wannabebig Member
    Chris, I forgot to ask you this before but do you do t-bar rows with an overhand or underhand grip or both?
    Last edited by MWB; 09-09-2001 at 05:12 AM.

Wannabebig Member
    Chris mason is without a doubt the Ali of the workout world with rhymes like that Any thoughts on reps or set. I usually do those along with some pull ups, pull downs and good mornings.

Thanks
    Bryan

Originally posted by MWB
    Chris, I forgot to ask you this before but do you do t-bar rows with an overhand or underhand grip or both?
    I think overhand grip would be better, and harder. When you do underhand you use your biceps more and it's easier.

3:16
    Am i the only perosn who finds t-bar rows( or the seated equivlent rows where the pad sticks into your chest) hard to breath? i find it puts me off.
    Chris how do you rate one arm dumbell rows? as with these your lower back will not give up before upper back/biceps.

MWB,

Just to put my .02 in. The T-Bar Row machine at my gym includes a parallel grip and I find these are the best for me. It hits the back a little differently than the other grips, and since I do pullups and chinups, I figured it is a good thing to have a different grip on the T-Bar. If your apparatus has the same setup, you should try those and see how they feel.

Chase
    That said, look at Chase. He is bigger than Arnold was at the same age. Now, he doesn't quite have the Arnold shape, but for pure muscle mass he has more.
    -Chris Mason talking about BCC, but its all mine now.

Wannabebig Member
    Thanks HolyChase

I think we are suffering from a lack of communication here. When I say t-bar rows, I am not referring to the various apparatus which support the chest with a pad (though those are good), I am referring to the exercise where the bar which supports the weight is between the legs and you perform the movement in a bent-over fashion. I find this exercise superior to standardf bent-over rows with a barbell because the angle at which it is performed is different. The difference in the angle still stress the spinal erectors, but allows for less emphasis on them and more on the lats and traps. It is a far superior movement for those muscles. I use a parallel grip when I perform the movement, although I think any type of grip will suffice.

I haven't seen many gyms around my area with t-bar rows machines/setups (whatever you want to call it). I've seen in many equipment catalogs a little device that hooks onto the barbell and is a parallel grip that is perfect for t-bar rows.

Wannabebig Member
    my gym has the classic T-bar apparatus. Thank you everyone fir your advice!!!

Bryan

bone crusher
    Originally posted by Ronan
    Hammer strength are BY FAR the best
    i've tried these and they are a great row! Many gyms lack hammer strenth though...

clueless wonder
    Originally posted by Hulk
    I find t-bar rows much more productive and comfortable...

I find that bent over barbell rown puts a lot of pressure on my lower back, enough to make it an uncomfortable movement for me.
    Hulk gave me that advice about 4 months ago, and I'd have to agree. Thanks Hulk...my lower back feels alot better nowadays.

I also want to say that I concur with Ronan and doc applauding the hammer strength machines. Three of the four gyms I go to(I go to 24 hr fitness, so I go to whichever one is closest to where I'm at at the time) have them.