The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast

Bring out TheGimp!!!!

Erm. Welcome to my journal?

Some background info. 20 years old. Male. 5' 5". 141.8lbs. 15.0% bf. (Well according to the old tanita). Been training about 6 months properly, another 6 prior to that without having much of a clue, but weight lifting remains a learning experience. Vegetarian diet. Here's a link to some pics taken back in april/july:

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...threadid=32949

There are some more recent ones hidden in the bowels of the members pics forum but I'll let you find them yourselves as they don't show much (any) progress from those. Which brings me to my current goals, basically to reduce my bf without losing much, if any, weight, thanks to eating clean and enough cardio. Hopefully you guys can give me some pointers and maybe I'll even teach some of you a thing or two myself

I'll post details of my routine and diet later, now its time to hit the weights!
    Last edited by TheGimp; 08-24-2004 at 12:06 AM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

"The gimp's sleeping"

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Good luck making gains w/ the veg. diet.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Yeah. It would be so tought for me to get enough protein if I couldn't have meat and dairy.
    Last edited by Scott S; 10-29-2003 at 12:00 PM.

My routine is based loosely on WBB3. Here it is with my current lifts. Kgs (lbs).

Mondays (Chest and back)

Dumbell Incline Bench Press 3x18.5 (41) 9x17.5 (38)
    Barbell Bent Over Row 6x32.5 (72) 10x32.5 (72)
    Barbell Shrug 6x65.0 (144) 10x55.0 (122)
    Sumo Deadlift 6x75.0 (166) 10x65.0 (144)

Wednesdays (Legs and abs)

Barbell Straight Leg Deadlift 6x55.0 (122) 10x50.0 (111)
    Dumbell Squat 6x23.5 (52) 10x20.0 (44)
    Barbell Lunge 6x25.0 (55) 10x22.5 (50)
    Babell Standing Leg Calf Raise 6x17.5 (38) 10x17.5 (38)
    Weighted Crunch 10x2.5 (5) 10x2.5 (5)

Friday (Bis, Tris and Shoulders)

Barbell Behind Neck Press 6x30.0 (66) 10x25.0 (55)
    Dumbell Reverse Wrist Curl 6x5.0 (11) 10x5.0 (11)
    Dumbell Lying Lateral Raise 6x6.0 (13) 10x4.5 (10)
    Dumbell Hammer Curl 6x17.5 (38) 10x16.0 (35)
    Barbell Upright Row 6x35.0 (77) 10x35.0 (77)
    Barbell Close Grip Bench Press 6x35.0 (77) 10x32.5 (72)
    Barbell Curl 6x30.0 (66) 10x25.0 (55)

I have just got myself some hand grips, I'm thinking I'll do grip work on leg day for no particular reason . I also a "door gym" - a chinning bar which doesnt need to be screwed into the frame - so I can add some pullups or whathaveyou to back day.

on Mondays in the evening I also do Wushu training and my "cardio" for now consists of walking to university Tue, Wed, Thur and Fri, which takes 30 mins each way. If things aren't going to plan I will sign up at the uni's fitness gym and do some HIIT also.

Squats are the main problem for me. I work out at home so I don't have a rack or someone to assist me getting the bar on my back which means I'm limited to what I can clean off the floor, which is substantially less than what I (suspect) I could squat. So at the moment I am doing dumbell squats, the alternatives would be barbell hacks, or just doing squats and concentrating on building the upper body strength to get enough weight onto my back, what do you guys think?
    Last edited by TheGimp; 10-29-2003 at 12:13 PM.

Ok now my diet for all you non believers.

I don't eat the same stuff day in day out but here's a sample day:

Cals | Pro

Breakfast 432.2 | 38.18:

100g Kellog's All Bran 280 | 14
    One scoop protein powder 69 | 15.6
    300ml Soy Milk 83.2 | 8.58

Meal 2 653 | 39.51

Ramen 308 | 10.56
    Cauldron Foods Marinated Tofu 345 | 28.95

Preworkout Shake (One scoop protein, one scoop dextrose) 221 | 15

Postworkout Shake (Same again) 221 | 15

Meal 3 892 | 36.2

100g Whole Wheat Pasta 320 | 12
    1 tbsp Walnut Oil 120 | 0
    Jar of red sauce 297.5 | 3.5
    Quorn "meatballs" 154.5 | 20.7

Pre Bed Shake (One scoop protein, 2 tsps flax oil) 148 | 15

TOTAL: 2567.2 cals 158.89 protein

That's around about my cals required for maintenance.

Here's some info on what quorn is, its basically a meat substitute:

Quorn is made from a blend of mycoprotein (closer to mould than fungus), wheat protein, pea protein, milk protein and egg. This makes it a high quality protein with a PDCAA score of 1.0 putting it on a par with caesin, egg and soy protein, and better than red meat. Only whey scores higher. The taste and texture are apparently very realistic, but I wouldn't know It is available in the US but only recently, although here in Europe we have been consuming it for many years. Check out http://www.quorn.com/

As far as protein powder:

I use this blend of whey, caesin and egg white available from holland and barrett:

http://www.hollandandbarrett.co.uk/labels/002131HB.pdf

It's £9.99 for 400g, servings are 21g, 15g of protein

Also there's creatine mixed in with that dextrose I take pre and post workout, and I take a tsp of l-glutamine preworkout.

But when I run out I'm going to try out Reflex's products (http://www.reflex-nutrition.com), their weight gainer (whey and maltodextrin) for pre/post workout, micellar caesin for bedtime and their creatine.

If you bothered to read all that

Not the greatest reading on the scale this morning:

142.2lbs
    15.1% bf

I'll keep things as they are for the time being and if I don't get things moving in the right direction for next week then I'm off to sign up at the gym for some HIIT.

I won't bore you with a blow by blow account of my updated lifts but here's some highlights. Bis/Tris/Shoulders day was abyssmal, I couldn't lift jack and I dunno if that's bcoz a) I had run out of dextrose/creatine to have pre-workout b) I hadn't had much sleep the night before or c) all of the above. Luckily I managed to cope a lot better on back day, although I still lack dextrose/creatine, I made do by having a banana pre-workout. For deadlifts I managed 6x77.5kgs, which is all the weights I have, which is a nice goal to have reached. Looks like I'll have to ask santa for some more plates for xmas Also tried out my chinning bar for the first time, managing a mighty 3 pullups. Hey, we all have to start somewhere . I also switched from normal weighted crunches to what I guess you'd call hanging crunches.

Like I said I ran out of my creatine/dextrose mix and I'm coming close to finishing my last tub of protein powder so I went ahead and ordered those Reflex products I was talking about, after getting a response from them informing me that all of their whey products and their creatine were suitable for vegetarians.

After posting my diet I figured it could do with some cleaning up. I was most concerned about the total lack of fresh fruit and veg. Some of my new meals are: salad with quorn pieces, beans and olive oil, casserole with quorn and lentils and lunch now consists of quorn slices sandwich, 50gs almonds and an apple.

12/11/03

Had an appalling scale reading of 140.4lbs 15.4% yesterday (I guess I was dehydrated after wushu training on monday evening) so I delayed my weekly update to get a new one this morning, which was better, but still very disappointing - 143lbs 15.5%. Desperate for a reading more in the right direction I even whipped out the callipers but they mocked me with a reading of 18%.

As far as training goes it was also a disappointing week. Leg day was fine, but once again I struggled on bi/tri/shoulder day despite dropping some weight after last weeks performance and concentrating more on form. Back day was ok, but not great.

Finally got my new protein, turns out when I finally got round to emailing them a week after putting in my order that they hadn't even processed it. (I ordered from www.affordablesupplements.co.uk ). It tastes good, mixes well, the only problem I have with it is a serving is not a single scoop - e.g. for the caesin a serving is "3 heaped measures". This makes things a bit of a pain in the arse.

Well my plan of action is to go sign up at the fitness gym today (altho not actually do any cardio - it's leg day today) and to start taking scale readings on both friday and tuesday so I can react quicker if things aren't going well and I don't have to worry so much about whether a result is anomalous or not.

19/11/03

I was going to say I was quite disappointed with today's scale reading - 141lbs 14.9% - but then I realised that was a drop of 0.6% bf from last week. The reason for the disappointment is that of the 1.2lbs lost 0.5lbs were fat and 0.7lbs nonfat, which is not a great ratio. Although perhaps I am expecting too much?

I've decided it is pointless weighing myself on tuesday as I'm invariably dehydrated from wuzu the night before, weighings will now be on monday and friday.

I managed to get things moving by finally signing up at the gym and doing HIIT on my off days including the weekend where I normally just sit around doing very little activity. I did 15 minutes of rowing with 10s sprints 20s rests. Perhaps someone could comment on whether they think that's acceptable. The other thing to bear in mind is that on the weekend days when I wouldn't normally go into university I spend 1 hour of walking to get to and from the gym. Some people might think its a little crazy doing that for 15 minutes of HIIT. And quite possibly they're right

I've been on my current lifting routine for 6 weeks and I think its time for a change. I've been reading up on HST and will give that a go starting next week. The remaining two lifting sessions this week will be for trying out exercises and determining my 15/10/5 rep maxes. I will lay off the HIIT while getting used to HST so that I don't have too many variables to consider when seeing if my weight goes up or down.

Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself

24/11/03

140lbs 14.7%. Thats a loss of about 0.4lbs fat, 0.6 nonfat which again is a ratio I feel could be improved. I actually want to reduce my bf% by increasing lbm with minimal fat, rather than weight loss, but I'm not sure if thats possible.

Started HST today. I do a set of:

Squats
    Military Presses
    Concentration Curls
    Flies
    Shrugs
    Deadlifts
    Calves
    Hammer Curls
    Triceps
    Abs

On Mon, Wed and Fri. I also do pullups but as I've just started those and can barely manage 4 reps at bodyweight I can't do them in a "hst form". My lifts today were so small as I'm working my way up to my 15 rep maxes (which themselves are small) over the next 2 weeks.

Can't wait til friday's weigh in to see how I progress.

30/11/03

Awesome reading on friday - 139.6 lbs 14.2%. That means I lost 0.7lbs of fat and gained 0.4lbs of nonfat!! The only slightly disappointing aspect is dropping below 10 stone but at least I didn't lose any lbm. HST is going well, even with the pathetically low weight I'm using at the moment doing 15 reps still gets me a great burn and I know that doesn't mean jack, but it feels great

Now for the bad news, I went down to Southampton for the weekend for a friend's 21st birthday, which involved far too much alcohol and food that was less than nutritionally sound (but tasted great ). I think if anything I underate and will end up having lost some lbm. I'm also sceptical of friday's reading, seems a little too good (amazing!) to be true So I await tomorrows weigh in with trepidation...

06/12/03

It's all going to sh!t. Monday's reading was 139.0 lbs 14.2% bf -0.1lb fat -0.5lb nonfat. Which was actually not too bad considering the weekend I'd had. Then thursday night I was completely exhausted and went to bed a lot earlier than normal. As a result of this I realised about half an hour before I went to sleep that I needed to find an additional 600 calories from somewhere, in addition to my prebed shake. I might add that this was after having a big dinner of pasta, beans and "meatballs" as I had neglected to eat enough during the day. Plus I hadn't taken a crap I went to bed feeling extremely bloated.

So friday's weigh in was 139.4 lbs 14.6% bf +0.6lbs fat -0.2lbs nonfat. That reading is highly suspect because of the previous night's eating activities. I took two fairly large craps that day.

I popped home for the night which is always difficult in terms of diet because my family's food supplies 1) lack high protein foods 2) contain lots of tempting empty calorie foods like cookies, ice cream, chocolate bars, poppadoms 3) only have processed carbs like white bread/pasta. Plus there's a vegan chinese buffet opened just across the road, I mean literally opposite my house, so I *had* to eat there.

I had been hoping to pop on on friday after weighing and say "Don't worry lads I'm back on track". Unfortunately it seems like everything is conspiring against me at the moment. Also I'm starting to think I don't really want to continue my trend of losing weight as I don't think I really have enough muscle to cut down to, but I'm terrified of increasing my bf.

In real life terms things are starting to get hectic too. I have a job interview on Monday, and exams starting next week, plus going home for xmas will be difficult on the training because of the reasons I stated above about the kind of foods my family tempt me with, the lack of exercise from not having to walk to and from uni every day, and lots more going out and drinking.

12/12/03

Weights gone all over the place. Monday was 138.6 lbs 14.7% -0lbs fat -0.8 nonfat which is not exactly the kind of results one's looking for Today was 139.0 lbs -0.2lbs fat +0.6lbs nonfat. Far better. Its proving to be very difficult tracking progress when the BF reading is influenced so heavily by hydration and my crapping schedule, but I think its safe to say I've been making some progress as I'm yet to get back to or over 15%. Even ignoring the BF reading, the weight is still pretty variable. However, a pre-shower admire-myself-in-the-mirror test seemed quite favourable. I don't want to jinx things but I think that even my pecs might be growing after 9 months of lifting. I'm now halfway thru the 6 week HST cycle building up to my 5 rep max and its been a refreshing change from a more traditional split.

I upped calories to 2700 a day (ish) in an attempt to stop my weight loss, but it seems its too early to see any impact.

Real life, got the job \o/ now all I need to do is get thru my exams next week...

23/12/03

I think my scale hates me. I know I hate my scale. Today's reading was 137.4lbs 14.3%. My weight is all over the place and yet my bodyfat stays pretty much the same. The thing is, just by looking in the mirror I think I can see an improvement, but the numbers just don't add up. So I've decided to basically ignore the bodyfat reading for now and take the "opportunity" offered by being at home for xmas to try to put on some weight.

First day of building up to 5 rep maxes, was a pretty good workout, but I remembered why I haven't done military presses in a while - the ceiling at home (in the cellar) is too low for them! It was also colder than a witch's teet, I ended up with very numb fingers.

In real life, got through my exams but I think they went pretty badly. I'm not going to find out the results until next august which is a bit of a disappointment. I'm just glad I have the opportunity to relax for a bit now.
    Last edited by TheGimp; 12-22-2003 at 05:33 PM.

03/01/04

So the christmas break is coming to a close. I've just finished 2 weeks of 5 rep maxes and have decided not to do 2 weeks of negatives/2 rep maxes/whatever and instead take a week off before starting at 15 reps again with a new HST cycle. So what have 6 weeks of HST gotten me? I started at 140.0 lbs 14.7% bf and ended at 140.2 lbs 15.1% bf which means I've managed to gain 0.6 lbs of fat and lose 0.4 lbs of nonfat. Hoo-****ing-ray. Numbers aside, I think there's a slight visual improvement (hard to tell when you stare at yourself in the mirror every day ) particularly with triceps and, to a lesser degree, pecs.

I've decided my main goals for the time being are to focus on my chest and my ability to do the splits. The former is an area I've always been lacking in and I think it would help to offset the feeling of having a "belly" if my chest stuck out more than my abs did. The latter is something I've got into since starting martial arts classes (wuzu) and I've been adding a comprehensive lower body stretching routine to my previously minimal warm-up. For a time I was doing it on off days too but found it hard to keep myself motivated and progress was not particularly forth coming. Once I am back at university it should hopefully be easier to get back into the routine.

The first time I posted pics was in april/may last year so the time for one year progress pics is fast approaching. At the moment I'm worried there won't be a noticable difference

Hope everyone had a good christmas and new year and best of luck to you in this year's endeavours.

06/01/04

So I decided to buy a copy of the Ultimate Diet 2.0 (www.bodyrecomposition.com if you're clueless). I thought it wasn't going to be much use to me on a vegetarian diet (low carb part) but after having a bit of a read it sounds do-able and I'm going to give it a go. I kinda feel maybe I'm giving up on HST too early but I made virtually no progress in 6 weeks. I'm thinking thats probably not down to the training regime but more due to the diet, which of course UD2.0 takes care of So I'm spending this week sorting out exactly what I'm going to be eating and next Monday the nightmare begins

12/01/04

I can't believe it but I forgot to take a scale reading today. I guess I'll have to take one tomorrow. Here's my diet plan for the next few days: (I wish I had some formatting skillz)

Food Calories Protein Carbs Fat

50g Almonds 289 10.6 9.85 25.3
    1 Scoop Caesin 52.8 12 0.6 0.231
    1 Tsp Flax Oil 45 0 0 5

150g Quorn Pieces 154.5 21 8.7 3.9
    Broccoli (1 head) 99 13.2 5.4 2.7
    Olive Oil 120 0 0 13.3

50g Almonds 289 10.6 9.85 25.3
    1 Scoop Caesin 52.8 12 0.6 0.231

8 Linda McCartney Sausages 704 64.8 24 38.4

2 Scoop Caesin 105.6 24 1.2 0.462
    2 Tsp Flax Oil 90 0 0 10

Which comes to 2000 calories 168.2g protein and 60.2g carbs (and 124.9g fat).

I still can't believe I didn't take a scale reading, how am I supposed to evaluate progress? I'll have to make do with tomorrow's, hopefully it will not be too influenced by today's eating and lifting habits.

Summary

Well it's been a week of UD2 and quite a challenging one at that. As you may have gathered from my last post I don't have a scale reading from last monday, and I seem to have discarded the one I took on Tuesday in a fit of rage. Suffice to say it wasn't great, low weight, high bodyfat. The one from today is 140.2lbs 14.4% bf which although I don't have last week to compare it to, is a pretty good reading for me based on those I took during my HST regime. So, so far so good but lets see what happens next Monday morning.

As you may have noticed I've actually put some effort into the formatting this week, in the vain hope that it will make my info easier to digest and more people will want to read it Comments and suggestions are welcome, although i won't hold my breath

Diet

I got pretty bored of almonds (trying not to gag on them as I type) so I replaced a few of the 50g-almond-and-a-caesin-shake meals with a couple of quorn burgers topped with 50g of half fat cheese. Which has the following breakdown:

Calories Protein Carbs Fat
    288 33.3 8.8 13

So, the same cals but more protein, marginally less carbs and less fat but quite a lot of it is saturated (as opposed to the mono goodness of the almonds). But it's nice for a bit of variety.

During the low carb part of the week I went into ketosis judging from the smell of my urine which I'm pretty proud of achieving on a vegetarian diet while meeting the high protein requirements, but I guess in hindsight it's not that amazing if you have enough protein shakes

Needed a bit of a pick me up by Thursday (have 9am starts for most of the week which is not something I'm used to) so I decided to try some of that sugar free red bull, pretty tasty but caffeine keeps me up all night

Training

Not a whole lot to say here. The high volume part of the training was pretty devestating, this week martial arts classes are starting on Monday which I think will be pure hell after the first glycogen depletition workout and low carb calorie restriction, may have to slightly increase calories on a Monday but I'll see how it goes.

The one place I think I could have improved was the power workout on Saturday, for some of the lifts I don't think I was pulling as much weight as I could have.

Still struggling with the splits. I find stretching really hard

Real Life

Was back at uni this last week. This term is shaping up to be pretty good, taking courses on Bioinformatics, Robotics and Graphics, and I'm forced to take one in Management. I've also been helping out teaching some of the labs because I'm thinking of doing a phd and well they get you to do that kind of thing Plus I get paid £10 an hour for telling people how much they suck. It's been a pretty fun experience so far.

Just finished reading Terry Goodkind's Stone of Tears, ace book, now I'm desperate to go buy the next in the series

Man that looks like a lot of useless information. I hope *someone* will take the time to read it

I buy Blue Diamond Smoked almonds and they taste great. Plain unflavored almonds are pretty bland though.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Thanks for the heads up SP, I'll have to see what's available over here.

Summary

It's days like these that I wonder why I even bother. 139.8 lbs... 14.8% bf. Which means I've managed to lose almost a pound of non-fat mass and gain half a pound of fat. I'm guessing my Tanita is just wrong. I'm hoping. It has to be. Hard to tell from the mirror, not really a noticable difference but then I guess there wouldn't be. If I had to say I'd say visually its an improvement and definitely not as bad as the numbers make out.

The worst thing is I started having chest pains again today. I haven't had these in over a year I guess, they're what drove me to give a sh!t about my body in the first place. Today it was only very brief and didn't really take hold but obviously it's very disturbing.

I'll give UD2.0 its 6 weeks (that's another 4 more) and see where I'm at then.

Diet

Didn't smell like I was in ketosis nearly as much this week, maybe I wasn't even last week and I've just completely misjudged. Been trying to find reasons for my less than desirable results in my diet but not a lot has changed from last week, had red bull a couple more times (damn I'd forgotten how good it tasted) and had different carbs for the load (just different bakery goods, this week it was mainly bagels and potato cakes) other than that not a lot has changed.

The weak point in my diet is most likely the weekend where I'm basically eating whatever I want provided I meet my calorie and protein requirements which was most likely what was letting me down before UD2.0.

Training

Added some weight to the power workout but I'm still not sure its enough. Sure it's a struggle and everything but with only 3 reps I feel like I'm finished before I got started and could have managed more.

Wuzu sucked, not sure if it was because of the glycogen depletion or not but I couldn't do anything right. I'm thinking of giving it up, not just because of the difficulty in combination with UD2.0, but because one of my main reasons in taking it in the first place was to meet some new people and I've failed to do so. This week's session was cancelled and it was such a relief... at the same time however I wonder if this is some kind of test of my faith, separating the men from the boys etc.

Real Life

Got a group project I've been working on for the last few months which is supposed to be finished by friday so that's been taking up quite a bit of my time. I'll be glad when its out of the way. Teaching sucked, I know less than the students and the materials I've been given are pretty inadequate. Robotics was cool, we spent almost the entire time playing with Lego

Just finished Blood of the Fold, Temple of Winds here I come.

I've been reading lyle's forums at bodyrecomposition.com and feel a lot better about things. In particular he talked about fat loss being preceded by fluctuations in hydration and also that there could be a few weeks delay before the fat really starts coming off.

Still doesn't explain the chest pains however. I'm at a loss to explain why they would come back now. Could just be a fluke I suppose, will have to see over the next few days.

Summary

It's shaping up to be a tough week. For reasons that are far too boring to explain I wasn't able to do the first glycogen depletition workout on Monday so I'm going to have to do a beast 2 hour session today. For similar reasons I wasn't able to take a scale reading, but I took one on Sunday - 139.2 lbs. I'm not going to tell you the BF reading, it was good but I can't disregard the bad ones and accept the good ones Visually things are improving... I think. Hard to tell as its gradual, but my muscles seem bigger and my gut seems smaller. What more could you want?

EDIT: Haven't had the chest pains too badly (where it feels like I'm having a frigging heart attack) but I did feel some tightness over the weekend so I guess I'm not out of the woods yet.

Diet

Not a lot to say here. Dietary boredom is really starting to set in for the low carb days. I'll have to mix things up after this first cycle of UD2.0

Training

Think I'm finally getting there regarding the amount of weight to use for the power workout. Did go to Wuzu training last night, wasn't too bad. I paired up with one of the more experienced members and got plenty of tips, but I still feel like I'm one of the worst in the class. I've pretty much decided to keep up with it for this term and then stop for the year when I go off to do my industrial placement.

Real Life

Finished the group project, gave the presentation and it seemed to go pretty well. Had one question which I totally messed up though
    Last edited by TheGimp; 02-03-2004 at 12:54 AM.

Summary

The two hour glycogen depletition workout last week went ok. For different reasons I had to repeat it again this week, just finished in fact, and man it was a lot more painful for some reason. I think I'm generally feeling burned out, only another 2 weeks to go for this cycle of UD2.0. The plan after that is to take a break for a couple of weeks just eating around maintenance and "standard" training and then back to UD2.0 as it seems to be working, probably increasing calories and modifying the training slightly to use it to gain some solid mass. Weight this week was 140 lbs dead on, probably just a fluctuation. Visually things are still improving (I think )

Diet

Don't think I'm ever going to eat almonds again after these two weeks. I'm also starting to go off the broccoli, what sucks is that the supermarket is giving me 75g extra free per pack Have they no shame?

Training

Not much to say here.

Real Life

Ditto. Wouldn't want to bore you