The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

unusual urination

for the past few nights(week and a half) i have been getting up consistently at 5:00 to urinate. i can deal with that fine but, last night i got up 3 times during the night to urinate. they were not little pisses either, it was flowing. i distinctly remember using the restroom 2 itmes within an hour before going to bed also.

could this be a sign of any problems? its not like i drank any more water than usual either. just wondering.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

bro I had the same thing a few months back

I got up for about 4 weeks straight, always 1 hour after I had fallen asleep, it was like the most annoying thing in the world and never happend before or since

Country Boy
    Diabetes? maybe.
    Fight like Hell
    Never Give Up

Gonadius Maximus
    Are you consuming drinks with caffeine? Increased portein leads to more frequent urinations also.

Try no liquid intake for four hours before meals. If it continues have your blood glucose checked (what Ape said).

My $.02
    Last edited by Delphi; 11-01-2003 at 12:56 PM.

Diabetes? are you serious???? im 23 yrs old, is this really a possibility? ill, monitor it for the next few weeks, but your freaking me out about the dibetic thing. "no liquid for four hours before meals". why that, what will that do? no caffiene either, 1 cup of instant coffe in the morning. thats it.
    Last edited by greekboy80; 11-01-2003 at 01:53 PM.

It's a Republic dammit! reloaded's Avatar
    actually, diabetes is getting more common among young people, at least in the united states. keep an open mind, im sure you dont have it, but better safe than sorry. sure it's nothing major but if it turns into i long term problem, have it checked out by a doc.
    Too cool for school.
    My Blog

Alright since yall freaked me out about the Diebetes thing i went and did some research. i took one of those "dibetes risks" online questionarre (sp?). they all came back that chances were very slim that i could have it.

so i did a little thinking... and last week(monday) i started to try to lower my sodium intake to where i used none at all (i used to be a salt fiend). if i did not ingest any extra sodium would that mean i would piss more because my water retention would be less? does that seem logical? also it was only one night that i actually pissed more than once. usually it was once in the early morning (5:30-6:00) every day.

coule it also be a reactance to daylight savings time? goingto bed later and waking up later in the morning could screw up my system right?

anyways, ive kept my sodium intake low and decreased my night water drinking before bed to a minimum and i havent had a problem since. just urination in the morning around my usual waking time. ill monitor it and get back to you.

do these hypothesis sound sensible for my reasons for urination?

"coule it also be a reactance to daylight savings time? goingto bed later and waking up later in the morning could screw up my system right?"
    I doubt that. That would seem only coincidental.
    According to your theory we/ more of us should have this.

Taking any drugs?

Im 24, not obese by any means, pretty healthy, im white, and male......so im not your typical diabetic.

6 weeks ago i was tested and found out that i am diabetic.

symptoms that i had...

- thirsty as hell, all the time
    - very irritable
    - big time tired, no motovation to do anything, wanted to sleep all the time
    - eye problems: hard time focusing, and vision was blurry at times
    - urinated a lot

Since then I have cleaned up my diet. About 5 months prior I just ate whatever I wanted to - sensibly; now ive cleaned it up and currently spreading the carbs evenly throughout the day (gone back to my healthy habits). Along with the clean diet I am taking two types of drugs and my blood glucose level is still in the 200s when i wake up in the morning (after about 8hrs of fasting). Tests to determine if I am type 1 or 2 are in the works (should get a call on my lab work today). Hopefully i can get this under control cuz I am still tired as hell.

So dont think it cant happen to you.
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

Eric G, i understand that anyone is succeptable(sp?) to diabetes. but i have had none of those symptoms. only once i have had a lot of urination. and, no-one in my family has every had diebetes at all, mothers or fathers side.
    Last edited by greekboy80; 11-07-2003 at 10:48 AM.

not a bad idea to rule it out though. its a simple test and better to know you have it sooner than later.

good luck and keep us informed.
    Height - 5'10"

WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

Originally posted by ericg

- thirsty as hell, all the time
    - very irritable
    - big time tired, no motovation to do anything, wanted to sleep all the time
    - eye problems: hard time focusing, and vision was blurry at times
    - urinated a lot
    Problem is, symptoms are like horoscopes.

I'm an ornery, b*tchy college student (sorta), and because of my size and propensity to be too warm, I need to drink a lot of water.

Ergo, I'm thirsty, piss a lot, I'm irritable, and constantly tired (which means bleary eyed).

Don't really have much of a point here.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Wannabebig Member
    HI
    also you could have a UTI (urinary tract infection) guys are less likely to get these then us gals, but they can cause frequent urination. Sometimes you don't have any symptoms with a UTI either. Id say if it keeps up ,just go to the doc and have them take a urine sample to play it safe. And too, like others had said, it never hurts to get your finger pricked for diabetes.

~Sky

Originally posted by Belial

Problem is, symptoms are like horoscopes.

I'm an ornery, b*tchy college student (sorta), and because of my size and propensity to be too warm, I need to drink a lot of water.

Ergo, I'm thirsty, piss a lot, I'm irritable, and constantly tired (which means bleary eyed).

Don't really have much of a point here.
    I too drink a lot of water, at least a gallon a day. Then suddenly I would crave for some fluids (even though i was still drinking plenty of fluids), the thirst is seriously so strong that it would wake me up a couple times a night. Yeah drinking a lot will make you piss more, i will give that one to you.

You do make a good point. If you have these symptoms its not automatically this or that, but if these symptoms suddenly appear, and your lifestyle hasnt changed, than i think its a great idea to get checked.
    Height - 5'10"