The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Cardio after leg day okay??

As some of you may know, I am going on a semi-cut. I am just trying to lose about 20lbs. to get rid of my gut, and go from a 37" waist to about a 34". I workout 4 times a week, and really the only open days are Wednesday&Friday. Friday is fine, but Tuesday is leg day. Will jogging the day after leg day hurt my gains? I do a pretty moderate jog, no more then a mile, with a little walking mixed in. I get about 225-250g of protein a day, and I drink a protein shake after running to treat it as its own workout. So to the point, is it okay to do cardio the day after leg day?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

it should be ok, however, i perfer to use an elliptical trainer after my leg day, its easier, and sometimes the day after an intense leg day i just don't think i could go out and jog.

When cutting, I usually make the day after leg day one of my non-cardio days. Of course my main cardio is mountain biking. It depends what kind of cardio you're doing. I'd say on wed you could do some HIIT w/ heavy bag so your legs aren't taking a toll when they're supposed to be recovering.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

bulking
    When I had my leg day I can barely walk the next day, let alone do some cardio :/

I actually used to run for about 20-25 min after leg day. It didn't have any impact on my progress. I would squat monday, run tuesday, deadlift thursday and run saturday. It was a really tough run (legs were burnt) but I got used to it after 3 weeks. Just take the runs pretty easy and work your way to a higher intensity if you want to.
    Won't you pour me a Cuban Breeze Gretchen......

Thats prety much what I do rpffly. My quads and hams will be quite shot after leg day, but I don't train my calves until Saturday so extremely sore calves won't hinder my running. My jogging is at a moderate pace, and I run a mile, with about 1/4 a mile of walking intermixed. I think I will just stick with it. Thanks guys.