Thread: Cardio after leg day okay??

Cardio after leg day okay??

As some of you may know, I am going on a semi-cut. I am just trying to lose about 20lbs. to get rid of my gut, and go from a 37" waist to about a 34". I workout 4 times a week, and really the only open days are Wednesday&Friday. Friday is fine, but Tuesday is leg day. Will jogging the day after leg day hurt my gains? I do a pretty moderate jog, no more then a mile, with a little walking mixed in. I get about 225-250g of protein a day, and I drink a protein shake after running to treat it as its own workout. So to the point, is it okay to do cardio the day after leg day?

it should be ok, however, i perfer to use an elliptical trainer after my leg day, its easier, and sometimes the day after an intense leg day i just don't think i could go out and jog.

When cutting, I usually make the day after leg day one of my non-cardio days. Of course my main cardio is mountain biking. It depends what kind of cardio you're doing. I'd say on wed you could do some HIIT w/ heavy bag so your legs aren't taking a toll when they're supposed to be recovering.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

bulking
    When I had my leg day I can barely walk the next day, let alone do some cardio :/

I actually used to run for about 20-25 min after leg day. It didn't have any impact on my progress. I would squat monday, run tuesday, deadlift thursday and run saturday. It was a really tough run (legs were burnt) but I got used to it after 3 weeks. Just take the runs pretty easy and work your way to a higher intensity if you want to.
    Won't you pour me a Cuban Breeze Gretchen......

Thats prety much what I do rpffly. My quads and hams will be quite shot after leg day, but I don't train my calves until Saturday so extremely sore calves won't hinder my running. My jogging is at a moderate pace, and I run a mile, with about 1/4 a mile of walking intermixed. I think I will just stick with it. Thanks guys.