The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Wannabebig New Member
    Why is it pointless? We at least give arguments for our point of view. You, on the other hand, are appearentely incapable of doing so.
    Why don't you try to have a decent discussion, instead of giving these useless one-liners about our age.
    I LOVE TECHNO

BTW... just for the record. I dont think any government is a saint. I dont even think the US government is being any less humanitarian and sensible than another government would were they in their place. That does however not change the fact that it is wrong and that lies are unacceptable. That doesn`t change the fact that I find it offensive when millions cheer for somebody who lies in front of the world with an agenda and takes action for economic reasons at the cost of innocent peoples lives, stating they do so to help them.

I may be fighting a lost fight against human nature but self-respect does not allow me to ignore these issues or comply with them. If you support these actions, I think you are obliged to be able to back this up.

I'm voting for any dem. I'm not geoing anywhere near this debate about Iraq because it's been beaten to death. We are there, still there, and hopefully it will end soon.

My biggest problem with Shrub is that he is a moron. I'd rather have Dick Cheney, who I loathe, running the country than Shrub. At least with Cheney, I know other countries will take us seriously. I don't consider myself the smartest person in the world, but I know I'm smarter than Shrub. It's scary because you can see the thought process when he talks.

If you vote, please vote for someone who can watch TV and eat a pretzel at the same time w/o choking.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

Totally, dude!
    Originally posted by -sin-
    I'll vote for Bush just to piss off the Europeans.
    :withstupi

Max-mex, I'm laughing with you, in that way you laugh when something is really sad and you chuckle uncomfortably to make it go away.

"It's scary because you can see the thought process when he talks."

That is so true. Jesus, I just want a president that can pronounce "nuclear."

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

Wannabebig New Member
    Reinier and Hans , I said it's pointless to argue with you guys any longer because we differ .

Saddam said " I agree , I will disclose what I have without interference " . He wasnt even close . He gambled with people like you and won but lost his gamble with the people that it mattered most , the US .

I dont care if it wasnt his disclosure on WMD , those people in that country will now have a fighting chance at living . The simple fact that you guys think you can have some discourse with someone like saddam is amazing , I will never understand that .

I gave you my reasons , you gave yours . There is no way I will ever convince you of the way I feel so I'm not going to even bother .

We need to agree to disagree , its that simple . You could post 25 pages of how you feel and it will never change the fact that if saddam said " I agree... if I dont comply you can come here and kick my a$$ ", we will do it . If you agree with the resolutions then force was a long time coming . If you dont then you dont .

You said its good I dont represent this board . I agree . I dont claim to represent anything other than my own views . I dont need to have 100 different people on my side to feel right . I've never been a talker , I do what I say . That is why I feel force was justified .

You and hans seem like the type that will jump through hoops to accomodate someone like saddam . Not me . Feel free to do so . Thats a pill I CANT swallow .

The US is stronger now , I like that . We dont have a coward that is in a popularity contest running the show .
    Give me your broken , give me your beaten ... I will build them up , I will lead them ... to the threshhold . Make you stronger , make you believe .

No debates over Iraq PLEASE.

Discuss the initial subject or create your own thread.

Im sure I wont vote for Bush, but I hope there are better choices. Im afraid these guys are so rooted in now that they wont be coming out this next year. Christian Fundamentalists in the White House scares the **** outta me.

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    I'm not sure but if i remember correctly former military men usually make the best presidents. I'm not totally sure about this, but Roosevelt, all of those presidents that helped during the revolution, and Grant were all good presidents. In fact some say Roosevelt was the BEST. Not totally sure though.

I think Colin Powell would be good choice for president.
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

Originally posted by Brawl
    those people in that country will now have a fighting chance at living .
    It wasn`t Saddam who took it from them, it was the treatment of Iraq by the Western world. Before "we" intervened, Iraq was the most prosperous nation in the whole region. You must not lose sight of the scale of the sanctions that were layd on saddam.

First of all, right now living conditions are still worse than under saddam. I have trust that this will change with time. However what one could lose sight of here, is that there is no view of what life would have been under a Saddam not forced into positions by external force, and made to take extreme measures to prevent western influences by corruption. I dont like Saddam, but I dont think hes the devil either like some seem to. Hes a man. The gas attacks were not nearly as unprovoked as they are portrayed in the west, there is a story behind each aspect of it.

Its also very hypocrite, the way we make trouble of that now, while at the time we were fully aware, and we didn`t give a damn.
    Last edited by Reinier; 11-02-2003 at 04:28 PM.

I'll vote for Bush just to piss off the Europeans.
    In other words, you prefer having the satisfaction of the last word in a back and forth debate which you dont even try to make any points in, over your sincere influence on democracy.

Good going

Originally posted by Reinier

In other words, you prefer having the satisfaction of the last word in a back and forth debate which you dont even try to make any points in, over your sincere influence on democracy.

Good going
    if the subject is raised "who will you vote for" and two kids start ranting to each other, is anyone who does not take part in it wrong or any less democratic?

It wasn`t Saddam who took it from them, it was the treatment of Iraq by the Western world. Before "we" intervened, Iraq was the most prosperous nation in the whole region. You must not lose sight of the scale of the sanctions that were layd on saddam.

First of all, right now living conditions are still worse than under saddam. I have trust that this will change with time. However what one could lose sight of here, is that there is no view of what life would have been under a Saddam not forced into positions by external force, and made to take extreme measures to prevent western influences by corruption. I dont like Saddam, but I dont think hes the devil either like some seem to. Hes a man. The gas attacks were not nearly as unprovoked as they are portrayed in the west, there is a story behind each aspect of it.

Its also very hypocrite, the way we make trouble of that now, while at the time we were fully aware, and we didn`t give a damn.
    I have a question Reiner - do you believe the accusations of governments and the media that Saddam killed opposers and raped women?

Assuming you will take that as true, is that a basis for removing such a leader? What is a basis for removing the leader of a country?

Good going
    Theres nothing to debate with you. Nothing you say is going to change my opinion and nothing I say will change yours. The real satisfaction comes from me knowing that I can accept this, and you cannot.

Wannabebig Member
    Reinier, you keep saying Bush lied about Iraq. What did he lie about. Bush said that Saddam has not accounted for his WMDs and has not complied with the UN resolutions imposed at the end of the first gulf war. If Bush is lying about this then Bill Clinton lied about the same thing as well as Kofi Annan and most of the UN. The real liar is Saddam Hussein. HE is the enemy. He is a known supporter of terrorism there were El answar islam training camps found in Iraq as well as many other extremist factions. At these camps they indoctrinate young kids into believing they will go to heaven if they blow themselves up and kill their enemies. Why do opponents of the war try to make good into evil and evil into good. Saddam is the enemy not george w.

Originally posted by reloaded
    unfortunately mismasternash, bush didnt skip military service. he was a pilot in the texas national guard and didnt draft dodge like clinton did. hell, clinton took off to oxford instead. perhaps you should have some decent facts before you post . at any rate, i support george w. bush and the conservativeness of the current administration. and this next election...
    reloaded, your grasp of the "facts" reminds me that more fox news viewer think that Iraq is connected to 9/11 than viewers of any either news source.

Bush joined the national guard BECAUSE it was an easy way to get out of real service in Vietnam. He used his father's connections to get into the Air guard. This is not to say that all national guardsmen were using it to avoid the war, but it was a well known "out" for the rich and powerful.

The amazing thing about it is that Bush couldn't even stick it out in the Guard. Shortly before taking a physical, which includes a drug test, Bush went AWOL for a year.

Other chickenhawks include: Rush Limbaugh, Dick Cheney (said he had "other priorities"), Tom Delay, Karl Rove, Bill Bennett, Newt Gingrich, Bill O'Reilly, and Paul Wolfowitz. I have no problem with a conscientous objector or a pacifist, but all of these hypocrites are bullhorns calling for other young Americans to make the ultimate sacrifice when they were too cowardly to do anything themselves.

Whereas: Al Gore, John Kerry, and Wesley Clark have real, honorable, even heroic military records. What is most interesting to me is that George Bush Sr. is also a real war hero. I don't know how he puts up with his son's cowardly avoidance of service. There are plenty of people who have served honorably on the right and left; you'll notice that they are the ones most restrained about plunging into conflict.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

Bush Sr also struck me as an honest man.

His son does not.

I'll probably vote for the Libertarian candidate.

I have a feeling once all this Iraq stuff is said and done, Bush will end up impeached. Eventually lies catch up with you. Ask Clinton.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Originally posted by EdgeCrusher

I have a question Reiner - do you believe the accusations of governments and the media that Saddam killed opposers and raped women?

Assuming you will take that as true, is that a basis for removing such a leader? What is a basis for removing the leader of a country?
    Although I am not sure, I wouldn`t be surprised if Saddam and his sons have raped women and committed political murder in the past. I don`t think this a basis for removing a leader, because it is irrelevant in the big picture.

I think a basis for removing a leader would be if that leader would pose a realistic objective threat to humanity.

Theres nothing to debate with you. Nothing you say is going to change my opinion and nothing I say will change yours. The real satisfaction comes from me knowing that I can accept this, and you cannot.
    I can accept a pro-Bush, pro-Iraq war stance from anyone who has taken the effort to view these matters objectively and compare sources of information that serve different interests.

Originally posted by noodlearms
    Reinier, you keep saying Bush lied about Iraq. What did he lie about. Bush said that Saddam has not accounted for his WMDs and has not complied with the UN resolutions imposed at the end of the first gulf war. If Bush is lying about this then Bill Clinton lied about the same thing as well as Kofi Annan and most of the UN. The real liar is Saddam Hussein. HE is the enemy. He is a known supporter of terrorism there were El answar islam training camps found in Iraq as well as many other extremist factions. At these camps they indoctrinate young kids into believing they will go to heaven if they blow themselves up and kill their enemies. Why do opponents of the war try to make good into evil and evil into good. Saddam is the enemy not george w.
    Didn`t bush say something like We must take action now or the clearer indication that we must could come soon in the shape of a mushroom cloud? Now they cant even find anything bio or chem, let alone nuclear, LET ALONE nuclear on the scale it could reach the USA

Does the name David Kelly ring a bell?

Did you know out of 300 UN weapons inspectors about 4, 5 encountered access problems, whereas others were even allowed into the Al Bath party HQ? Did you expect a happy welcome for Westerners in a country undergoing weekly bombings and unreasonable sanctions?

Iraq did not form any threat to the USA and any anti Americanism in Iraq is not so surprising from a country being bombed.

After Cheney pleaded the case to the UN, US media reported the succes or at least positive impact of his attempt, while Euro politicians openly spoke "I`m not the slightest bit impressed" "Nothing new was sayd" "Lots of hot air, no content"

The axis of evil... Saddam was hardly even that powerful anymore, even if he was "evil" which is imo, a term too childish to even take into consideration in politics, hed certainly not be "The axis" of evil.

"Saddam is a known supporter of terrorism" I take it you mean anti american terrorism. This sort of sentence implying its own source holds no real value.

The world "evil" used in politics, costs bigtime credibility points.

Originally posted by Paul Stagg
    Bush Sr also struck me as an honest man.

His son does not.

I'll probably vote for the Libertarian candidate.

I have a feeling once all this Iraq stuff is said and done, Bush will end up impeached. Eventually lies catch up with you. Ask Clinton.
    You think he'll be impeached when the US is finished with Iraq (though we don't know if we'll be out anytime soon)? Why is that?

I think when the truth comes out, it will be clear that the administration broke the law, or they will break it trying to protect themselves.

The public was intentionally mislead (lied to), and lots of people died. I'm sure there is a law against that, somewhere.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Sometimes the perps are the only ones in the position to stop such crime, cuz who watches on the watchers, other than the people, who are easily mislead
    Last edited by Reinier; 11-03-2003 at 10:40 AM.

Members of the administration have already broken the law. No ifs, ands, o buts.

For starters, a White House political operative revealed the identity of an undercover CIA agent, a violation of federal law. Bush could simply order his administration to release Bob Novak and ther other journalists from their confidentiality agreements, but he refuses to do so. The administration thinks we can find Osama and Saddam but not a leaker in the White House?

Tom Delay and Texas Republicans illegaly directed the use of federal assets, namely the FBI and FAA, to search for the plane of a Texas Democrat during the Texas redistricting fiasco.

Edit: Whoops, I forgot the big one! Bush is a cocaine user and drives drunk! Pretty sure there are laws against that, along with going AWOL from the National Guard.

How much more do you want? Clinton lied about sex and perjures himself, and possibly was involved in illegal land transactions. Bush lies about war, energy, civil liberties, taxes, veterans benefits and dozens of other issues, and his adminstration and cronies continue to violate many federal laws.

I'll hand it to you Paul, you're sticking to your libertarian guns. Like the Green party did to Gore in 2000, I hope the Libertarians siphon off of some votes from Bush.
    Last edited by MixmasterNash; 11-03-2003 at 10:45 AM.

If no Libertarian ran, I would have a REALLY tough time voting for Bush - And there isn't a democrat running I could vote for.

In general, I can't vote for a Republican due to civil liberty issues.

The only benefit IMO of getting a Democrat in the white house is they would gridlock the legislative process (with both houses being Republican) which is always a good thing.
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.