The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Westside

What are your favorite quotes

What do you guys think ur favorite quote it. Im intersted in seeing some motivation quotes warrior quotes and other quotes just your all time favorites.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

"Life's a bitch"... oh, you said motivational... erm...
    I'm not moaning, i'm having an opinion.

im a quote guy man. theres too many.

I like all that Jack Handy stuff.

"If Jesus was conceived by immaculate conception, Mary was deflowered at his birth!" - Jan Wolkers

"Driving, me? Driving is for chauffeurs!" - Onno Quint in Harry Mulisch`s The discovery of heaven.

Love is when you think you know what it is

Love is the delusion that one woman differs from another

I dont know much about the meaning of life, but I know for sure, that it isn`t, to sit around and think about what it is all your life"- Theo Maassen

You should never hit a man with glasses. Works much better with your fist

Anything worth doing is worth doing right

"The Earth isn`t flat, its round man. like a pancake" - Herman
    Finkers

"I dont need no dog, cuz the Lord is my shephard" - Bert Visscher

Nobody makes a bigger change in history, than those who report it

"War is delightful to those who have had no experience of it." -- Desiderius Erasmus

When thrown up high enough a peanut buttered slice of bread always falls with the peanut buttered side down.

"The common people of the place know me already, and love me, particularly the children. When at first I associated with them, and inquired in a friendly tone about their various trifles, some fancied that I wished to ridicule them, and turned from me in exceeding ill-humour. I did not allow that circumstance to grieve me: I only felt most keenly what I have often before observed. Persons who can claim a certain rank keep themselves coldly aloof from the common people, as though they feared to lose their importance by the contact; whilst wanton idlers, and such as are prone to bad joking, affect to descend to their level, only to make the poor people feel their impertinence all the more keenly.
    I know very well that we are not all equal, nor can be so; but it is my opinion that he who avoids the common people, in order not to lose their respect, is as much to blame as a coward who hides himself from his enemy because he fears defeat. "

- Goethe I like his work better in Dutch than English. I think its better translated because dutch is closer to german.

Country Boy
    "Better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not"

Not sure who said it.

And

"Worrying is like a rocking chair;gives you something to do but gets you no where"

By Benjamin Franklin
    Last edited by APE.; 11-01-2003 at 08:40 AM.

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    The great masses of the people ... will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

Wannabebig New Member
    "That which does not kill us makes us stronger" nietzsche

"I can resist everything , except temptation " Oscar Wilde

"No greater love has a man that he would lay his life down for his friends " --- something like that .

" Yay me piss on you " Brawl

" Four great loves in a mans life , women , horses , power and war "
    Give me your broken , give me your beaten ... I will build them up , I will lead them ... to the threshhold . Make you stronger , make you believe .

But I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, his greatest fulfillment of all he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. -Vince Lombardi

Its all or nothing, there is no inbetween.

You must push your body past the breaking point, only then will you reach beyond its physical limits.

Any exercise that is perfectly safe, is perfectly useless.

Pain is weakness leavning the body.

It's a Republic dammit! reloaded's Avatar
    "there is only do or do not, there is no try" - yoda

"there is no spoon" - spoonboy (matrix)

"...i know not what others may do, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - patrick henry

"the tree of liberty must, from time to time, be refreshed by the blood of tyrants and patriots" - i forgot who said that one

"...its even better than a rib dinner and ice cream.... nothin like getting your head down in the bowl and bobbin for ****! - one of my friends

Too cool for school.
    My Blog

"If you search far enough you'll find yourself" - Cyndi Lauper
    Proud WBBSA member!

"look good for yourself, not anybody else"

"Good Boys, Never Win, Good Boys, Always Follow, Good Boys, Never Win, They All Fall Away, And You Remain"- Blondie

"They make take our lives but they will never take our freedom" mel in braveheart

i typically watch braveheart the day of a fight
    Blocka Blocka

I am AMINAL

Beware of the man who has worked hard to learn something, and then finds himself as ignorant as before. He is full of murderous resentment to him who has come by his ignorance the easy way- Kurt Vonnegut

Faith is not wanting to know the truth - Nietzsche

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    Originally posted by reloaded
    "there is only do or do not, there is no try" - yoda
    Rats!! you beat me.

"The most deadly thing on the battlefield is one well-aimed shot." -- GnySgt. Carlos Norman Hathcock II

"You know boys, a nuclear reactor is a lot like women. You just have to read the manual and press the right button." -Homer Simpson

When in doubt, empty your magazine.--Murphy's Law of Combat #58

Walking point = sniper bait --Murphy's Law of Combat #111
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

Work hard or go home.

i also like the "pain is weakness leaving the body"
    weight: 155?
    height: 5'9"

-LONGER TERM GOALS-
    benchpress: 275x1
    military press: 160x1
    deadlift: 405x1

Well it's not really a quote, they're lyrics. And they're in my sig.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

See signature.

See also, "And he walked with a limp, because instead of a leg...he had only...Patrick Duffy!!"
    "Then on leg day do squats, lunges, stiff legged deadlifts, fluffernutters, and calf raises."--Belial, training a newbie

PowermanDL on Russian culture: "Big furry hats come into play somewhere."

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death." --Thomas Paine

Wannabebig Member
    A clever man commits no minor blunders."
    - Goethe (1749-1832)

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized. "
    - Sun Tzu

"Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame. "
    - Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. "
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal."
    - Henry Ford (1863-1947)

"I've had a wonderful time, but this wasn't it."
    - Groucho Marx (1895-1977)

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is. "
    - Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut
    "That feeling - the finish line, the last couple of meters - is what motivates me. If I could bottle that up and sell it I'd be the richest man in the world. This is the most overlooked thing. People shoot for the ordinary, not the extraordinary."
    - Lance Armstrong, on winning 1993 World Championship

None are more hopelessly enslaved, than those who believe they are free

Goethe

Evil is never committed more thoroughly or completely, than when it is committed with a clear conscience- Willem Oltmans

"Homer Simpson is the man everyone wants to be, but no one has the courage"
    half the time I have no idea what you're talking about. the other half, I'm not listening.

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    yo flake, you're a Homer Simpson fan??? where the quote come from, that's pretty cool quote.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

see sig.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Wannabebig Member
    I eat pieces of sh*t like you for breakfast.

YOU EAT PIECES OF SH*T FOR BREAKFAST!
    bill fagan

Originally posted by CanadianHomer
    yo flake, you're a Homer Simpson fan??? where the quote come from, that's pretty cool quote.
    Its actually from a very wise friend of mine.

And yes, big homer fan, he's my idol
    half the time I have no idea what you're talking about. the other half, I'm not listening.