When you guys are sick. Do you try to hit the gym at all? Or just rest and sit around?
And do you keep to your diet if you can as well?
If I am dieting, I keep my diet if possible. As far as training, I do not. Training is a stress to the system, illness is a stress to the system, why would you purposely weaken your body when it is trying to fight illness?
Actually bro, i'm faced with this dilemma right now, i'm still keeping my diet in order, but i have taken a week off of training, especially if you have an infection in your lungs, coupled with training, you could develop pneumonia.
May you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you're dead.
from recent personal experience training through an illness, no matter how small just prolong the illness..
Rest up let it pass, keep diet in order and train when you are better..
Just got back from the doctor. I have a sinus infection and a bad ear infection. I'm out of the "game" for a few, eh?
Only if I'm bulking. And even then, I up cals 200 or 300 along with vitamins and minerals.
Milk.... it does the body good.
i started feeling sick saturday night and sunday morning it was worse. i woke up today(monday) thinking i would go to the gym but no sooner than i got up i was in bed again. ran a fever all day and slept most of it. i feel i did what is best for me. i know people who train while they have the flu, stay away from me, lol. seriously, i would rest and keep to the diet unless you really need a feel good food or can't taste anything.
This is our current government keeping the peace.
vote Edwards for president
Most of the time it's just a big mind ****. You feel that if you miss just one day of training you will become small. Lose all your muscles and become fat. It sucks.
I have a good strategy for this.
I dont get sick.
If I am sick, I am still not sick.
I was hungover today (I know, tisk tisk) and I still went to class, psyched myself up and totally tore my pecs apart. I in fact, I was able to raise the weight on every one of my lifts from last time and still go through with intensity.
Now if you are inorexably sick... like bedridden sick, then you just sit it out and eat enough, if you can. Dont do anything stupid. Sit in bed and rest until you feel good enough to get back off your ass. I havent been "sick" in about two years, since I started training with diligence. I have found that 90% of sickness is mental. The other 10% is simply bone withering, strength sapping pathogenic and protozoic intrusions that would kill you and your whole family if it had the chance. Nothing big.
If you're in the hospital, ask if the nurse can put a pullup bar above your bed. Earn your jello.
Don't workout with a cold or the flu. It'll make you stay sick longer.
It'll also contaminate your gym.
"Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
"Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
Current mile time: 4:23
Century races: 3
Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results
I got my second hep b vaccine today... I don't feel anything yet... not a fever or anything like that... wondering if I should work out.... I don't feel tired....
I suppose I could just wait till tomorrow and see. I didn't have any symptoms for the first shot either.