The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Throwing Myself In Front Of A Train Tonight

Okay so a little while back I posted a thread about this girl I was dating but wasn't sure where things were going. Long story short we've been apart now for around a month or so. About a week and a half ago she calls me and says it's been a while how have you been yada yada yada. Since then she called again out of nowhere and I'm wondering if I should read into it at all. Any ways on my side of things. I've gone out on a date or two since her with very nice and actractive girls but there was no connection on my end, and it seems there should have been. I mean I know it's nothing you can force, for two people to hit it off. But the dates went great but afterwords I didn't feel like pursuing even though they did have interest in me. I think, and I talked to a friend, that this past girl is still in my head and it's blocking my interaction with others.

Where my past girlfriend and I left it was with her saying if she got some things straightened out and things settled down for her time wise that maybe we could pick things back up. Then again she could have been letting me down easy . Well since then she's straightened up some stuff and might be in a better position this time around. So today I called her up and she might come check out my new place tonight. If she does I think I'm gonna let her know how I feel. Keep in mind this was my first girlfriend since breaking off my past 5 year relationship (was married) and I originally thought I got close to this girl in a hurry only because I was on the rebound. But if that were the case I should have had no trouble going for these equally nice girls that had interest in me. Are you following? Back to tonight, if she comes over I'm planning on telling her that I'd like to get back together and also invite her to come with me to meet an old friend who lives about an hour and a half away. So I guess I'm throwing myself out there. I feel like if I don't, this thing's going to get drug out in my head and I won't be able to move on to other possible relationships. So do you peeps think this is a good idea? I really don't care if she rejects me, I mean I hope she doesn't. But if she does then I can move on. At least that's the idea.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Dude, train-tossing is fun, but get about 10 beers in you first.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Maybe I should get 10 beers in her first. In my experience, beer brings out a thread of honesty that might not show under sober conditions.

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

Well if you have to have that closure then ask her. I don't think its a good idea but if it'll help you get over her then get it going. You won't lose anything by trying, I don't guess.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Why do you say it's a bad idea?

Not bad, just not good. Those situations, almost never turn out well. But like I said, if you feel the need, then go for it.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Hmm...yeah, the ratio of good to bad outcomes on this isn't going to be in my favor. But again, I think it's more of a closure thing than anything. If she's up for it I'll probably fall off my chair. Maybe I'll sit on the ground...

Jack's Utter Surprise Saturday Fever's Avatar
    I had a girlfriend who wanted "time for herself" and it directly translated from female to male as "I want to feel the market and see if I can do better." Don't let yourself go down. Be honest but try to get a read on her first and see if you need to let yourself get in deep.

And take everything slow. It doesn't have to pickup where it left off. Best of luck.

Re: Throwing Myself In Front Of A Train Tonight

IMO letting girls know how you feel is a bad idea until you are a couple at least.

Do it. If she doesnt give a definite yes or no, take it as a no and move on. No point in wasting time and getting hurt. Girls LOVE to string a guy along
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

Wannabebig New Member
    Dont get hooked until you two feel each other out on a couple dates ... in the meantime throw it in as often as you can .
    Give me your broken , give me your beaten ... I will build them up , I will lead them ... to the threshhold . Make you stronger , make you believe .

Re: Re: Throwing Myself In Front Of A Train Tonight

Originally posted by Spartacus
    IMO letting girls know how you feel is a bad idea until you are a couple at least.
    Yeah but she already know's how I feel. Or at least felt. But, I know where you're coming from. And to be honest this is more of an attempt to find out if there's going to be something now or in the near future, or should I nix her all together.

Y2A - We had a good thing going. She let me go because she really didn't have time between school and 2 jobs to have a good relationship. Since then her schedule has become a lot easier and she dropped a job. She's not the type to string a guy a long.

Saturday Fever - I know our seperation had nothing to do with "I want to feel the market". But yeah, I'll try and read her.

My basic plan is to tell her I have feelings that were a little stronger than I realized and I'd like to know if now that things cooled down if she's got time to give it another go. And if not then that's cool and I'll be moving along.

Originally posted by Brawl
    Dont get hooked until you two feel each other out on a couple dates ... in the meantime throw it in as often as you can .
    We dated for about a month in the past and had an awesome time. I know there's something there. S**T, it's funny because I saw her every week after the split cause me and the guys were watching the playoffs at the bar and grill where she works at. But when the Cubs got knocked out we stopped going. She expected us to be in there on her regular night but I wasn't...she called the very next day to see how I was. That's what's got me thinking there might be something she's still feeling. And she's called again since then just to say hi while she was at a gas station and her friend was outside pumping gas. I guess I'll find out tonight, if she comes over that is. I'll keep you posted.

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    I havent had a date in two years. You'll live.

Wannabebig Member

You've Already Made All the Choices...

...now you've just got to understand why.

1) You will ask her to come back to you.

2) She won't.

3) You will move on to your next-best option.

Unless of course your new place is a multi-million dollar mansion when your last place was a complete ****hole. Then she'll somehow have since "straightened her stuff up" and she'll be all for it.

And don't worry about the new chicks you went out with but didn't feel like pursuing afterwards. Yyour disinterest in thenm wasn't due to some magical love bond you still have with your ex. Those chicks just weren't hot enough. From their caliber, date hotter and hotter chicks until you get to the ones that won't have anything to do with you, then take one step back and BINGO--YOU'VE FOUND TRUE LOVE. LOL

It's a Republic dammit! reloaded's Avatar
    worse thing she could say is no. it's harder to really take a 'no' in real life, but still, ya know what i mean? i'd say just go for it, and if she feels the same way, good for you. but if she says no, or she isnt ready...you got some closure.
    Too cool for school.
    My Blog

Well I'm not getting closure tonight, or am I? We just got off the phone and she's not going to be able to make it over. She wanted to know what I had going on later this week but what do you know, I'm all booked up . Maybe it's not even worth letting her know what's up if I can't seem to get a minute of her time.

Awe f**k it, I need to let this one go.

Girls arent worth the hassle. Really, find another one that wont BE a hassle
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

Wannabebig Member

Re: Re: Throwing Myself In Front Of A Train Tonight

Originally posted by Spartacus
    treat them mean and keep them keen

Wannabebig Member
    Originally posted by Budiak
    I havent had a date in two years. You'll live.
    Thats not living.

Here is the best advice you'll read during this entire thread: MOVE ON.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Middle finger is my flag! budheavy's Avatar
    KILL HER..........Then move on! hahahahahahhahahahahaahahahaahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahah
    INTENSITY

www.stickdeath.com/shorts15.html

Wannabebig Member chrisconnell85's Avatar

Re: Throwing Myself In Front Of A Train Tonight

Originally posted by Tim Nissen
    I feel like if I don't, this thing's going to get drug out in my head and I won't be able to move on to other possible relationships.
    Dude your seriously gonna have to learn how to move on from a relationship (This is something you should have learned in highschool). There's plenty of fish in the sea and you got to go fishing. Not to mention girls love to play games and your one heck of a headcase (so to speak).

If you don't follow through I'll hunt you down and do it myself.
    Pup, in reference to me: "he's like Budiak...but worse"

Budiak: "Statistically I've gained almost an inch on my arms...but thats just theory, and we know what theory gets us. Thats right. Communism."

BigChaseyChase: "Cutting, there will not be!"

sir millard mulch: "I could probably punch some chick really hard at this point"

Galileo - "Someday maybe I'll be able to use the big boy weights like RG570."

LETS ROLL!
    Well I'm not getting closure tonight, or am I? We just got off the phone and she's not going to be able to make it over. She wanted to know what I had going on later this week but what do you know, I'm all booked up . Maybe it's not even worth letting her know what's up if I can't seem to get a minute of her time.

Awe f**k it, I need to let this one go.

Thats the spirit. Life is too short to worry about this woman. Remember better to be the one letting go than being let go. Also, in my experiance alchohol also brings out that small thread of conflict aswell as honesty.

:alcoholic
    1. Do the right thing.
    2. Do it to the best of you ability.
    3. Treat other people as you want to be treated.