The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

How does this meal plan look?

Of all the reasons to go back to the gym, I think mine is the least appealing. Divorce. But whatever the reason, im here and ready to start again.

Some data about me..

Height: 6'2"
    Weight: 270

(Actually a month ago I weighed over 280. Stress seems to be a good way to drop weight, even if its an unhealthy way)

So, now that im on my own and not subject to my Ex's eating habits and lifestyle, Im starting to pave my own way. Here is what I've planned for my daily diet based on my budget and lifestyle..

Meal 1:
    Protein drink/soy milk

Meal 2:
    Oatmeal/protein

Meal 3:
    Turkey sandwich on Wheat w/tomato slice
    1 cup cottage cheese
    12 Almonds

Meal 4:
    Oatmeal/protein

Meal 5:
    Chicken Breast
    1 cup wild rice
    1 cup Broccolli

Meal 6:
    Protein Drink/milk/tbs nat pb

That puts me around:

Cal: 2300
    Fat: 50g - 21%
    Carbs: 190 - 30%
    Protein: 273 - 50%

Im going to start the diet this week and working out the following week. Im would like to do 4 days per week HIIT with a balanced weight routine on the same days.

Main goal: Weight loss.

Im more concerned with loosing fat than muscle mass right now. Ive always been able to build muscle fairly quickly, so I don't mind building up again.

But overall, how does this look?

Thanks for any input.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Milk, Milk, Milk JeffWillConquer's Avatar
    The foods and macro breakdown look good. But from my knowledge you are eating too little calories for your weight. I think the average calories for cutting is around 12X bodyweight. Which is in the 3000 range for you. But whatever works works.
    Growing
    Height: 5'11

I agree w/ Jeff add some more cals and maybe some carbs w/ meal 1.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

i am only 170 lbs and eat more than you
    cleaning up your diet and training is a good start but don't go overboard all at once since that is a recipe for failure. you need to decrease your current calorie intake just enough to start losing 2 lbs a week. you don't want to crash diet since that is very unhealthy.

i would add more fat in general and preferably some in the form of fish oils.
    Size is SEXY!

As long as there's raniali nudity, its all good. -- PMDL, my idol
    My God. I wish, if only for a day, i had hooters like that to play with. -- TCD, my other idol
    It is as stable as my mindset around your breasts. -- robboe
    Good god raniali....you have an amazing physique. -- JustinASU
    Whenever raniali posts in a thread, somebody is bound to get aroused, thats just the way it is. -- Y2A

~Anything worth doing at all IS worth doing well.~
    ~You all laugh because I am diFFereNt; I laugh because you're all the same.~
    ~Have no fear of perfection; you will never reach it. -- Salvador Dali, Diary of A Genius~

Originally posted by raniali
    i am only 170 lbs and eat more than you
    cleaning up your diet and training is a good start but don't go overboard all at once since that is a recipe for failure. you need to decrease your current calorie intake just enough to start losing 2 lbs a week. you don't want to crash diet since that is very unhealthy.

i would add more fat in general and preferably some in the form of fish oils.

Wannabebig Member
    Actually, this diet is more than im currently eating. So this will be increasing my calories.

Of course, im loosing more than I probably should right now.

I can add a few more carbs and Fats. Where would be a good place? The morning?
    Second place is the first loser.

no fat in the morning, it will slow the digestion process of everything.. in the morning you want sumthing to get in your system fast.. Whey protein shake and some oatmeal is good, or if you can't stomach whey first thing in the morning then have say 6-7 egg whites and a yolk or whatever will work for the right # of calories.