The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Do that voodoo that he do
    /pwned.
    Be a man. Be awesome at it. Be proud of it. Beyond the Barbell

"Borris is correct. That sounds logical if you ask me."
    -galileo

i'm only trying to be a nice guy and ask a lil advice is that so wrong?
    "A MAN CAN NOT JUSTIFY HIM SELF AS A MAN UNLESS HE HAS MUSCLES"

hight" 5'5''
    weight: 130 bf?? guess 5 - 10%

bench: 175 -once
    singal arm curl: 45-50 (3reps)
    double: 95lbs (5times)
    squat: 120 ( 12 times)

YA TAHTS RIGHT MAN TAHTS TEH WAY 2 DO IT BRO!11!!!! OMG WTF I BLEIVA U MAN I KNOW U CAN CURL 120 POUNDS ITS COL U KNOW DUDE!111!!1! OMG LOL ANYWAYS U KEP FIGHTNG TEH GOD FIGHT BRO KEP LIFTNG HARD1!!11 OMG

HEY GUYS I THINK WHEN "DEDICATED" says to be lift'n hard i dont think that goes just for me, i beleave that will go for every one

hight" 5'5''

Seriously man, with strict and proper form, there is no way in hell you could curl that much. It just isnt possible. I'm sorry, there is no other option

If you could curl 120 lbs I don't think you would be asking how to get bigger biceps and triceps.
    Edgar V.

So you don't wanna get big, do you?

----------------------------------------

"If your arm measurement is currently 13 inches, you are worrying about the wrong things. Quit comparing to others, quit worrying about little details, get your ass in the gym, work as hard as you can, then go eat something. Repeat until huge." - Paul Stagg

"There is no miracle "look good" diet/pill other than determination and commitment" - geoffgarcia

"Freaking lift to get bigger, or stronger, or better at your damn sport, and quit worrying about weather or not your arm is 16 inches or 16.2 inches." - Paul Stagg

"If you want to look like Brad Pitt go run a marathon or something." - Severed Ties

Do that voodoo that he do
    All argument aside:

HY is right. Focus on your big compound lifts. In order for your arms to really grow your whole body will have to grow.
    Be a man. Be awesome at it. Be proud of it. Beyond the Barbell

"Borris is correct. That sounds logical if you ask me."
    -galileo

Originally posted by EdgarMex
    If you could curl 120 lbs I don't think you would be asking how to get bigger biceps and triceps.
    Not to hop on the band wagon, but :withstupi

Although at 16 I could curl 100 using the cambered bar with fairly strict form. Then again I weight about 30 lbs. heavier and had been a curl jockey for about 8 months .

But that aside, if you want to increase your arm strength then do as suggested and get going on compound lifts. Don't neglect arm work, but don't keep that as your main focus as well.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

Wannabebig Member
    I am 14 and can double curl 70lbs but I am 5'10" and 150
    "pain is weakness leaving the body"

Man I feel like such a weaking. I think I can barely curl 90lbs and I've got 10 years and/or 20lbs on these kids.

Let's talk about deadlifts instead.

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

Banned
    there should be an age requirement for this forum

edit --

perhaps a teen bodybuilding forum??
    Last edited by TiGeR AK; 11-06-2003 at 01:01 AM.

Originally posted by PowerManDL
    I wonder if this thing works in reverse:

http://ssshotaru.homestead.com/files...ranslator.html

If not, get on the ball and start squatting.
    U NED 2 SQUAT111!!1 OMG WTF LOL
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

This thread is as much fun as Buffzila's threads. Welcome to the board thughitter!
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

I would love to offer some advice, but I can't understand a single word you are writing. If you rewrite it in english, more people might offer help.
    Last edited by cphafner; 11-06-2003 at 08:10 AM.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Under Construction
    I don't want to be a wise ass, but apparently this kid can't write in English. Is it possible that he cannot add the weight correctly?

OK kid, first tell us how much the bar weighs that you are curling?

Then tell us what each weight has printed on the side that you put on the bar.

Also, at your weight, your arms will not get that big anyways. You need to gain some weight and do heavy compound movements like squats, deads, pressess etc. As your bodyweight increases so will your overall size.

Don't be a curl jockey.tuttut

P.S. there are no "bicepts" or "tricepts" in the human body.
    Last edited by mpi; 11-06-2003 at 10:38 AM.
    Just one guy's opinion.

U GOTA TAEK LOADS AND LOADS OF CEL TACH FOL1!111!! LOL DO U THINK THOS3 BIG PEAKS JUST GROW ON THEYRE OWN!111 OMG WTF HEL NO FO!1!11!!1 OMG LOL CEL TECH WIL MAEK THOS3 PAAKS GROW BY 880 PARCENT BTER THAN CREATIEN111! OMG WTF
    5-9 170

if your curling 120 for reps your biceps should be around 16"-16.5" which is decent, but would look way outta proportion with the rest of your body if you only weigh 130.

DMN DUDE!1!11 OMG CRAZY STRONG BARBL CURLS1111 LOL U A CRAZY STRONG MOFO!!!1!!111!!!!!11 OMG WTF MUCH PROPS 2 U FOR LIEF MAN11111 WTF GOD LUK1!11!11 WTF
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

ahge 11
    highte 5.9
    wihgt 102
    bnch 290 babiez
    cuirl 192. btches tha rezt u foolz knowz
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Originally posted by The_Blackstar
    i find it hard to swallow as well, but like I said, he has no reason to lie.
    Actually, their are probably many people on this site who lie about what their lifts are, especially bench and such.

Sounds like he might be (or was) a curl jockey, lol.

Originally posted by JNowiski

Actually, their are probably many people on this site who lie about what their lifts are, especially bench and such.

Sounds like he might be (or was) a curl jockey, lol.
    In reality, I bet very few people on this site lie about their lifts- that are regular posters.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

yeah, I was actually going to write that. I was going to say "Im not talking about the regular posters, im just talking about the lurkers who only post every now and again.

i think you would fall over if you used correct form and actually curled 120lbs.

listen to HY, that is all
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

well w/e i guess i JUST AWNSER ME THIS, THEN, DID I OR DID I NOT ASK U TO BELEVAE ME

hight" 5'5''

Originally posted by thughitter
    well w/e i guess i JUST AWNSER ME THIS, THEN, DID I OR DID I NOT ASK U TO BELEVAE ME
    U DID NOT KEP FIGHTNG TEH GOD FIGHT DUDE