The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BenchPress

Wannabebig Member

BenchPress

I was just wondering how manytimes a week everyone benches in here, and how much they benchpress? Also what were some of the best bench routines they've done that gave them the best results so far?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

if you are wanting to build your pecs, I would lose the benchpress and add the pec deck and lots of flys

I bench more than everyone, and I do it 5 times a week.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Do that voodoo that he do
    Do a search.
    Be a man. Be awesome at it. Be proud of it. Beyond the Barbell

"Borris is correct. That sounds logical if you ask me."
    -galileo

When you're done searching, you'll realize that I bench what Powerman does, AND him. At the same time. I bench the bench he's benching on while he's benching on it.
    Last edited by Isaac Wilkins; 11-05-2003 at 08:25 PM.

-galileo

Wannabebig Member
    a search? Why search when you can just post it. I was just wondering how many times everyone benches a week.

These threads pop up like once a month. This is a common question.

-galileo

Overtrainer.
    I find it disturbing that an 18 year old 220lbs six ft 440 bencher needs to ask that question. Why don't you tell US how to bench above 400lbs??

So what is your training routine like ? And which NFL teams have their eyes on you?

LOL yea good point.

Wannabebig Member
    I was just wondering because I wanted to know, cause I am unsure of how manytimes a week I should benchpress. I'm caught in the middle of wheather I should decide once a week or twice a week, and I also wanted to know how much they benchpressed, because I wanted to know if they have been lifting for a while. If they haven't been lifting for a while than they would bench more often during a week. If they benched alot I would guess that they've been lifting for a while and usually they'd either bench once or twice a week. I wasn't trying to make anyone feel bad or get disturbed. This question was like an informational question in disguise.

Wannabebig Member
    if your disturbed by my lifts, their always under every post I post automatically, maybe that made you get the wrong idea.

I don't think anyone was disturbed man. Just that you're throwing up some pretty big weight there and perhaps we could all benefit from whatever you're doing to get such a big bench. Excellent numbers all around though.

I bench once a week, but went to 3X a week for the last month using a different routine so I could up my bench a few notches.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:520 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Originally posted by DEADLIFT4405
    if your disturbed by my lifts, their always under every post I post automatically, maybe that made you get the wrong idea.
    I don't even think you could benefit from any info IMO. You obviously already have some very good info, unless you have crazy genetics and your naturally a beast. The human body has limits, how much do you expect to be benching without some "help".

That kinda question is like bill gates asking how to make money.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Westside
    whats the deal with everyone going crazy on deadlift he just asked a basic question that he was curious about... yeah maybe hes a strong mo fo but a little more knowledge cant hurt no one ( even if ur a beast lol)

Wannabebig Member
    Yeah, I'm just trying to get some tips. I bet bill gates once in a while can learn from someone else. Some times its someone elses opinion that matters the most. In order for Bill gates to sell something he has to know what kind of computer everyone likes the most. Well in this case, I would like to know what I've already asked. This isn't a ego trip if thats what your getting out of this. I'm sorry for any confusion, or if I'm insulting anyone.

Wannabebig Member
    Originally posted by HahnB

I don't even think you could benefit from any info IMO. You obviously already have some very good info, unless you have crazy genetics and your naturally a beast. The human body has limits, how much do you expect to be benching without some "help".

That kinda question is like bill gates asking how to make money.

The human body has limits, how much do you expect to be benching without

It depends. You know I've never thought actually where I would stop, but I'm thinking around 600-700 on the benchpress. Who knows maybe even 800. I've talked to Isacc Nesser online through his website and he benches 825lbs, and he told me that when he was 18 he benched 425lbs, so I just dont know. Right now I'm fixed on my current goals which are to bench 500lbs, Deadlift and Squat 700lbs.

Are you sure he puts up 825 lbs? I could be wrong here, but I think Mendelson set the record at 823 or so a few months ago (only to break his own record about 2 weeks ago).

Wannabebig Member
    he doesn't do competitions, I've seen his website, he is in the guiness book of world records for having the biggest muscular chest and most biggest muscularist arms, 29 inch arms!!!!! 74inch chest!!!! big man..... he benches 825, you can tell. But seeing that he doesn't do competitions he wouldn't have any records

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    when im working out in the offseason i bench twice a week, once heavy, and once dynamic
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

3:16
    as the powerlifters often say. if it a judge has not seen it, it does not count.
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

Wannabebig Member
    If he doesn't do a competition that doesn't mean we should totally disreguard what he benches. So that means that if we did that to him we'd have to do that to everybody. I'm sure not everybody in this forum has done a competition. Not to mention he did his 825lbs RAW!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats crazy, but if you want to check out his website here it is.....
    http://drsize74.com/

Deadlift, Isaac Nesser is full of ****. Jaime Harris has called him out on more than one occasion. Unless someone benches a weight in a competition, it don't count.

Nesser has for the last 10 years claimed to have benched about 100 lbs more RAW than whatever the current shirted world record was. No doubt Nesser is big and strong, but benching over 100 lbs above the best CONTEST RAW bench by Scott Mendelson (713) is and always will be, BULL**** until it is done in competition.

Same thing for Bud Jeffries' 1200 lb squats. Now there are a lot of strong men out there, and no doubt some of them have levels of strength that border on unbeleivable, but if you are going to spout numbers, better be prepared to back them up in competition.

Now back to your question. I bench once ever week for 3/4 weeks in a shirt, and part of the year also bench RAW one day per week.

B.

3:16
    If your claiming to have a world record(well its since increased to above 825), you better back it up.

if he said he benches 600 pound. then that is a lot of weight, but would not ask for proof as for size that would not be so relative special in powerlifting circles.

he backs up his size claim with guniess book of records. so why can't he prove his bench?

he is selling his product on his site and so many other people selling product in the weight lifting game may exegerate the figure to help them push there products.
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

Wannabebig Member
    He wont answer my im's, and stuff. Its getting on my nerves, but oh well. I don't know I'm inbetween. I only have little to rely on from either side, its one mans word against another. So if he claims that he benches 825, I assume as big as he is that he isn't bull ****ing, but I may be wrong. Who knows until he actually does this competition style.

Who is Jamie Harris? I'm guessing a weightlifting judge

I can say confidently that he does not bench press 825 lbs raw.

He claims to be "drug free", too...what a joke. There is no way in hell that he bench presses raw, drug free, as much as anyone in the world did a few months ago.
    Last edited by KingJustin; 11-08-2003 at 06:08 AM.