Thread: Addicted to progression !

Hybrid View

Addicted to progression !

I'm dont really know how to say this but are any of you addicted to progression. Every time the weight on the bar goes up i get a little rush and it makes me feel good about myself. This is probably the primary reason while i lift (as well as looking good for myself)

I probably test my max on squats, deadlifts, bench like once a week lol. is that bad ?

Anyone feel the same about progression ?
    Find out about me : Andy Palmer
    Check out my : Bodybuilding Weblog

IMO everyone loves to see progession, not just in weightlifting.. but in life also but i wouldn't test my 1RM every week.. maybe every month or sumthing..

How can you weigh 154 at 5'6 and only have 13.5 inch arms? I mean their is nothing wrong with that, but you could easily get them larger.

err I was 140 @ 6' and probably had 13'" arms or something in there. Nothing wrong w/ that. Starting point. Everyone has one.
    Old Journal

" I'd give up a pinky or a toe or something I don't need those"
    -PwrMajt:

"Remember, as long as you don't kick them in the head or use a weapon, it's only a misdemeanor." -JustinASU

I nominate this thread for the Tim Nissen Award! -El P

Stats are out of date a lil. i now weigh 150 (started my cut) last time i measured my arms they are just over 14 inch. chest is 41.5 now. i have only been lifting 4/5 months. arms started really small... 12 inches.
    Find out about me : Andy Palmer
    Check out my : Bodybuilding Weblog

Westside
    Andy after maxing out for more than 3-4 weeks straight on a single exercise your central nervous system starts to break down and your lifts start going down. I suggest only maxing out 1 time a month like defcon said.

good luck

Originally posted by SquareHead
    err I was 140 @ 6' and probably had 13'" arms or something in there. Nothing wrong w/ that. Starting point. Everyone has one.
    140 at 6' is very skinny. I know a guy who is 6' and is at 150 and he is skinny with little or no muscle. Usually when you are shorter, your muscles (arms in this case) usually look bigger, im 5'6 and weigh around 155 and I have 15" arms (and no, im not a curl jockey) and have been lifting about 5 months.

They are right, you shouldn't test your max once a week. You won't progress as fast (You could probably get a pound of two. You will start off making good gains, but thats just because you just started. When I started lifting after about 2 months I got 50lbs on my bench. My bench still isn't that great, but then again I have been slack on lifting.

Toughest Man in the World Bruise Brubaker's Avatar
    I love progression too.

Originally posted by defcon
    IMO everyone loves to see progession, not just in weightlifting.. but in life also
    Then why do all those fools do everything possible to not progress? I see a lot of people who don't care about what they do and they just don't want to learn.

A lot of informations is on the internet, yet a lot of people with access to internet don't know how to train... They don't even try to learn how it works.