The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

cardio and squat newbie questions

I am on wbb #1 been lifting for two months and doing WBB #1 for 3 weeks. My goal is to gain muscle lose fat and just look better when my shirt is off. I am 40 years old. My friends tell me someone my age will get hurt doing squats and should just stick to leg presses and similar exercizes. Should I do squats???

Also, I have been doing 20 minutes of cardio 3 times a week on my nonlifting days usually on a treadmill and every time I try to burn one more calorie then I did last time i went.
    My question is am I better off doing longer cardio not so hard or should I do intense cardio for 20minutes?? And is 3 days a week enough cardio or should I add some into my lifting days?? And how long should it be during my lifting days and with what intensity??
    Thank you for your help,

SINcerely,
    Knee

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

>>Should I do squats???
    Yea just take it slow, work on form and start light.

>> My question is am I better off doing longer cardio not so hard or should I do intense cardio for 20minutes?? And is 3 days a week enough cardio or should I add some into my lifting days?? And how long should it be during my lifting days and with what intensity??
    It's up to you as to how often. I would look into HIIT it's so much better than regular cardio, I plan to start it myself really soon. Basically it makes your body better at oxidizing fat, nothing better than that
    Here is a link with all the info on it http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...threadid=23970

WEll, are you cutting or bulking?

If Cutting i would reccomend looking at HIIT if your cardiosystem can handle it, if not then start a light jog and work your way up to eventually being able to perform a true hiit sesion.

If bulking i would do 30 mins or so of lowmed intensity cardio, since this burns less overall calories, but more calories from fat storages.. and i believe there are studies showing that cardio in a calorie surplus helps with nutrient partitioning.