The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Worried about calory intake .... Advice needed!

I was told maintainance for me is approx 2233, and 2733 would allow me to gain 1lb a week. Now this sounded a lot until I started listing what I ate. Im on a week off now so figured I needed less, but yesterday I had 4000kc+ with 225g protein. So today Ive been real picky, and still finished at 2950kc with 195g protein. And I only just managed to keep hunger at bay.

I have been gaining muscle for the last few months, but lost some definition along the way, which I now have numerical proof to understand why. So how do you do it? I eat healthy, lots of chicken, fish, some red meat, lots of protein shakes etc. I eat very few 'sweets' (although this weekend both days I had approx 75g of chocolate - and yesterday 3 beers whilst out dancing). I even hold my breath passing by MacDonalds so as not to absorb the crap through my lungs

So without going looney how do you guys do it? Without living off powder protein how do you get 220-250g protein and keep at 2233kc ???

These are the steps Ive decided upon:

1) Write down what I eat daily, what I weigh (on days I train), etc so I have a record.

2) Stop eating pizza once a week.

3) Only drink one beer per hour of dancing.

4) Half my chocolate intake and limit it to weekends as a treat.

5) Try to keep at 2700-3000kc whilst training, but try to hold at 2500 on my rest week.

5b) UNLESS my rest week involves 3 hours a day snowboardin (as it might) in which case Ill add another 4-500kc just because of the cardio.

6) Find some place in this country where I can buy whatever it is you guys use for bf calculations so I can detect the loss of definition scientifically, rather than the "Do I look fat to you?" method. (This one might pose a problem as im not sure it would occur to people in Norway to want to know bf% *grin*).

7) Kick myself in the ass when I forget any of the above steps 1-6

8) Try not to panic when imagining what its going to be like when I try my first cutting diet! *shiver*

9) Talk to you guys for moral support and help with steps 7 and 8!

Have I missed anything obvious? Or even better is there a magic formula anyone has so I can avoid all this pain and worry?

ps. One experiement in diet allows me this one insight: Dont try to replace all of you meals with shakes on a hectic day where even eating a can of tuna takes up too much time. Or if you do, buy lots of fruti fibre tablets to take with them. Liquid diets have an interesting side effect that I do NOT suggest you explore. Especially not the day before you go for those squats!
    6 ft tall

1st Aug : 172lbs - Seriously cut
    5th dec : 193 lbs - lost definition around waist. Slight loss of mobility in mid section.
    24th feb: 211 lbs - Has anyone seen my abs? I seem to have lost them.
    29th April : 200 lbs and Ive seen sightings of my abs!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

It seems like your on the right track now, as long as you gain appox 0.5lbs a week then most of it should be musle, and eat clean, lift hard.

Oh yeah, tuna and egg whites = protein without fat/carbs.. Learn to love them

Wannabebig Member
    Cannot eat egg.

And although I love tuna i was told more than 5 cans a week was bad cos of mercury in the sea .. or some such thing.

Until I was told that I was eating 2 to 3 tins a day
    6 ft tall

1st Aug : 172lbs - Seriously cut
    5th dec : 193 lbs - lost definition around waist. Slight loss of mobility in mid section.
    24th feb: 211 lbs - Has anyone seen my abs? I seem to have lost them.
    29th April : 200 lbs and Ive seen sightings of my abs!

MorganB, the mercury is not just in tuna, its from bio accumulation and affects all large predatory animals. Sharks, tuna, swordfish, etc.

Try tracking your diet with a program like dietOrganizer.com it makes it a whole helluva lot easier.
    Also, it helps if you eat the same or similar things every day as #1 it makes it easier to remember and #2 you dont have to calculate out all the stuff thats in it
    G