The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Frequency for weighing yourself.

What do you think is the best frequency to weigh yourself?I know one should weight themselves early in the morning at the same time and after you have done your business, but what about the frequency?

Daily

Weekly

Bi Weekly

Monthly

I weigh myself daily but am thinking of going back to weekly. There are times that I eat three or even four ¼ pound burgers and know that I weigh more then I actually do. Also added to this the half gallon of water I drink. For someone that does not think about these factors I am sure weighing themselves and seeing the weight increase can make them feel like they are not progressing.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I weigh weekly. I think daily you can start focusing to much on the actual weight and not enough on the goals that change that. If you're doing a CKD this can change daily too and throw you off.

Banned
    I weigh in daily when I'm tracking weight but I know that ain't for everyone.

I, for one, don't freak out if I come in heavy one morning... for me, the interesting thing is seeing progress week over week and noticing how food changes my weight.

If you're gonna take a fit when you see a higher weight, weigh in weekly. If not, weigh in at the same time every day.

Daily but track the weekly and monthly averages so water retention and cheat days dont freak me out.
    “Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law.” -Thomas Jefferson, letter to Dr. Thomas Cooper, February 10,1814

“I would proudly fight and die at the hands of a foreign aggressor to preserve Christians' right to practice their religion but I will be damned if I stand idle and let them rewrite our history and claim America as their holy land.” - Me

Gonnabebig Member JuniorMint6669's Avatar
    I too weigh myself every morning. I look at my weekly average to see if im progressing or not. Abnormally high or low weigh-ins dont bother me. Its interesting when you look at my calendar (where I chart my weight); if I only weighed in once per week, my results would be very skewed depending on which day I selected.

For example, over the last three weeks:
    sunday weight consistant
    monday 2 pounds lost
    tuesday 7 pounds lost
    wednesday 1 pound lost
    thursday 2 pounds lost
    friday 2 pounds lost
    saturday 5 pounds lost

if sunday was my weigh in day, i would be very disapointed with my cutting effort. if it was tuesday, i would be very worried that I was losing weight too fast.

but when I take the weekly averages of my weigh ins:
    week 1 192.28571428571428571428571428571
    week 4 189.57142857142857142857142857143

or about 3 pounds lost in the 3 weeks between the end of week 1 and the end of week 4. right on schedule. none of my single day weigh ins showed a 3 pound loss. of course I dont do these calculations very often (actually this is the first time i ever have) i just watch out for trends.

I weigh myself about twice a week.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

I used to weigh myself (and hence get a bf reading - good ol' tanita) daily but changed to weekly. It was a case of not seeing the wood for the trees. I'm thinking about increasing the frequency tho, to something in between like bi-weekly, because at the moment if I get a reading I suspect is not accurate (was dehydrated say) I have to wait a week to find out if I'm back or track or it was in fact correct.

I weigh myself every morning after ****ting. I know enough not to freak out if one morning I weigh a couple pounds more or less than yesterday. I think it can help you to identify trends sooner. If you weighed weekly, and had a "heavy" (or "light") day one weigh-in, you might think something's gone wrong and change a whole bunch of things.

Originally posted by Callahan
    I weigh in daily when I'm tracking weight but I know that ain't for everyone.

I, for one, don't freak out if I come in heavy one morning... for me, the interesting thing is seeing progress week over week and noticing how food changes my weight.

If you're gonna take a fit when you see a higher weight, weigh in weekly. If not, weigh in at the same time every day.
    :withstupi

I weigh in daily, but only really pay attention to the weekly numbers. I only record the daily numbers so that I can make a slide show of my progress over the coming months. I've been taking a digital picture each morning, and I'll need the numbers to go with the images. There's a website that has been linked here before (something with "wire" in the URL I think) where the guy did the same thing, and it was impressive.
    My Journal

First Bulk Complete:
    September 16, 2003 (165 lbs, ~12% bf) -> March 7, 2004 (198 lbs. ~13% bf)

Current Status: Cutting

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    I usually do it twice a week or so.

Wannabebig Member
    very infrequently. Muscle building is a slow process.

daily and track weekly changes