The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Mouthwash

Mouthwash

Whats the advantage of using mouthwash? Apart from giving your mouth a smell like you've just visited the dentist...

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    Actually there's a disadvantage... the alcohol in the mouthwash can actually cause bad breath. It has to do something with the alcohol mixing with the leftover food particles in your mouth. I keep reading reports in magazines and TV mags like 20/20 or Dateline that mouthwash is overrated in terms of providing fresh breath, or killing germs.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

Rinsing can help prevent gum disease.

Best way to avoid bad breath is to keep your mouth hydrated (chewing gum helps), and brush your tongue! It should be pink, not white!
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Originally posted by CanadianHomer
    Actually there's a disadvantage... the alcohol in the mouthwash can actually cause bad breath. It has to do something with the alcohol mixing with the leftover food particles in your mouth. I keep reading reports in magazines and TV mags like 20/20 or Dateline that mouthwash is overrated in terms of providing fresh breath, or killing germs.
    thats why they say to brush first, THEN use mouth wash
    and if your still concerned then rinse your mouth with water and you wont experience this fermenting alcohol/food thing

Anyone else brush their tounge? I feel this helps me fight bad breath.
    Age 23 | Height 5'11 | Weight 175 lbs. | Body Fat 12% | Bench 250 lbs. | Squat 315 lbs. | Deadlift 385 lbs. | Goal Sex up more girls and get career

I brush my tongue and use my tongue scraper afterwards.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

What's a tongue scraper?

Originally posted by CanadianHomer
    I brush my tongue and use my tongue scraper afterwards.
    is that a little over kill? Can you reach futher back in your mouth with the tounge scraper? I always gag if I try to reach to far back w/ the brush.
    Age 23 | Height 5'11 | Weight 175 lbs. | Body Fat 12% | Bench 250 lbs. | Squat 315 lbs. | Deadlift 385 lbs. | Goal Sex up more girls and get career

At first, when my tongue scraper touches about half-way from the tip, I gagged big time. But as time goes on, you'll get used to it. I still gag sometimes, but that happens when I'm trying to breathe out of my mouth instead of my nose.

Would you say the scraper is better than the toohbrushes? worth buying?

Use a moutwash w/out alcohol. biotene is a good one
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

Originally posted by AndresC
    Would you say the scraper is better than the toohbrushes? worth buying?
    I do both, and you can get a plastic scraper for less than 5 bucks at a store with toiletries section.

I know you use both and they are inexpensive but is it actually worth the money. Like what can a scraper do that a tooth brush can't? The fact that you use both makes me think the scraper isn't that effective.

Your tongue get cleaner more that way IMO. I feel that the scraper will help me in ways the toothbrush can't.