Thread: Going Back To School?

Going Back To School?

I've been thinking a lot about going back to school and I think I may have narrowed down an area I would like. Physical Therapy. Or at least a form of it. I have a friend that took some classes for Occupational Therapy and told me a little about it. I have an Associates already but it's in Multi Media but she thinks some of the gen. eds will transfer and I may only need another 3 years. I'm curious if any of you do this or have any experience and can offer any information about the field and what it's like.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

*bump*

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

depends what you want to get out of it. i have a friend who absolutely loves her job as a physical therapist, however it doesnt pay outstanding. so it may be a fulfilling job, but lackluster in salary.

or you could add some business classes in your school and start your own facility? then you could have some bucks and do what you love.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Wannabebig Member
    Go back to school its great. I'm 32 and have gone back to uni and am having the time of my life.

UNI? Elaborate please. To me that means Iowa or Illinois.

Uni probably means University School sucks.
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

back to school, back to school to prove to my daddy that im not a fool. i got my lunch box packed, my boots tied tight, i hope i dont get in a fight, ohhhhhh back to schooool...
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    Creatine is Overrated Social Group
    supplements are used to supplement!!
    "why do i train so hard? so i can play harder!"
    -kobe bryant

Originally posted by mikey4402
    back to school, back to school to prove to my daddy that im not a fool. i got my lunch box packed, my boots tied tight, i hope i dont get in a fight, ohhhhhh back to schooool...
    *bus drives by without stopping* LMAO, good stuff!!
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

Originally posted by Tim Nissen
    UNI? Elaborate please. To me that means Iowa or Illinois.
    lol

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

Okay I know that the "U" stands for University. Sheesh! I was asking is it Northern Iowa or Northern Illinois.

Originally posted by NDBeast

lol

Hey Tim, I HIGHLY suggest you go back to school. Your growth of your future income is portional to the amount of education you have. Not only that, but your chances for upward class mobility is higher with more education. Also the U.S. is industrializing which means less manufactoring jobs and more service sector jobs, education is key for service sector jobs.

It's never too late to go back to school.
    Life isn't like Burger King, you can't always have it your way.

Wannabebig Member
    uni, short for university. in australia.
    Last edited by Downunder; 11-12-2003 at 02:21 AM.

And most english speaking countries in the world ?

Yeah, over here in Britain too where we speak proper.

Tim, whatever you do, go to school someplace warm.

I went from 4 years in Iowa to 4+ in North Carolina, largely based on climate. It was a good choice. It's 78 degrees today, by the way.

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

Jack's Utter Surprise Saturday Fever's Avatar
    School sucks.

Well I'm going to have to stick it out here in Iowa MixmasterNash. But I've lived here all my life and am used to it. I've called one school and I plan on contacting another today or tomorrow. I want to get this ball rolling.

Good luck man. I have been thinking about a "career change" as well. I no longer look forward to my current occupation, i actually dread it. Something like Physical Therapy sounds appealing to me. Keep us informed on how it all works out. Again, good luck to you!
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

Will do Eric.