Thread: Scar tissue ....permanent ??

Hybrid View

Blue veined member !

Scar tissue ....permanent ??

I was just wondering....Is scar tissue permanent?

I have scar tissue ( I`m guessing ) in my right pec and hamstring. My right hammy is quite lumpy and always extremely tender after training ( I remember tearing it in basketball training about 4 years ago ) and my right pec can barely stretch without causing major discomfort. Tore that too about 3 years ago doing flat bench with too much weight trying to play with the big boys ( learned my lesson there ) Unfortunately i didn`t do much about it and thought it would heal itself ( fool ).

I was told scar tissue can be healed using deep friction massage, I belive this breaks down the muscle fibres and when healing you`re supposed to stretch constantly making the muscle fibres grow back in their original shape ( long and straight instead of tangled and short ).

Is this possible and would it work on a pec...I can imagine it working on hamstrings but not on a pec for some reason just doesn`t seem right doing it on a pec, this would be an absolute godsend if it could be done.

Anyone ??

i would like to know this as well.. i had surgery on my ankle and got 2 6 inch scars on both sides.. needles to say, it dosen;t look nice in summer :P

Blue veined member !
    : ) Dumbass I`m not talking about external scars !

Scars are usually permanent unless they are severe in which case they can be lasered, grafted etc..yours doesn`t sound too bad, besides chicks dig scars ( remember that quote from somewhere on this site ) !!!

I was talking about scar tissue that has formed in a muscle due to a past injury, it causes me great discomfort and I have bad flexibility in both muscles. Stretching doesn`t seem to do much for them so thats why I was asking if deep friction massage would help.

Good luck with your cutting by the way, Hopefully I too will be doing it one day, but for now it`s bulking all the way !
    Rememeber after every dark night, comes a bright day so no matter how hard it gets stick ya chest out, keep ya head up and handle it ! - Tupac shakur

Deep friction massage should help, along with ultrasound to break up the scar tissue or calcium deposits or whatever you've got.
    Vincere aut mori

"The best inspiration is not to outdo others, but to outdo ourselves."

"From the inside looking out, you can't explain it; from the outside looking in, you can't understand it."

Blue veined member !
    Thanks HF !! Been waiting for a reply for ages, will be seeing my therapist today I`ll ask him about it.
    Rememeber after every dark night, comes a bright day so no matter how hard it gets stick ya chest out, keep ya head up and handle it ! - Tupac shakur

Banned
    also, see about myofascial release, a technique practiced by some massage therapists

I have had a lot of benefit from this technique...

Blue veined member !
    Tell me more about MFL please Callahan, I was talking to my therapist today and he said it`s basically too late for any kind of massage or ultrasound treatment and he did some intense stretching..damn did they hurt but definately increased the movement in my shoulder joint and loosened my pec a little.

He basically told me to keep stretching it daily.