Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 61

Thread: 4 mcdonalds double cheeseburgers for bulking

  1. #1
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    86

    4 mcdonalds double cheeseburgers for bulking

    is this just a horrible idea or can i use this a few times a week. each double cheesebuger (only 99 cents!) has 490 calories, 25 grams of protein --- but 26 grams of fat. i can eat 4 of these for a meal no problem and have 1960 calories and 100 grams of protein down the hatch. i'm a skinny guy and don't seem to gain fat no matter how bad i eat, so this seems like a godsend. what do you guys think?

  2. #2
    SFW! drew's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    8,170
    tuttut

    You can get a dozen eggs for 99 cents and get 840 cals, 96 g of protein and a much healthier meal.

    Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

  3. #3
    HomeYield WillKuenzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    7,769
    But that's not nearly as tasty. Skinny guys do what we can to put on the mass.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

  4. #4
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    86
    if i ate a dozen eggs in one sitting i'm pretty sure i'd throw up.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Teufelhund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    912
    egg farts are the worst. Just ask my office mate...:evillaugh

    If you're not getting fat and you're not worried about dropping dead from a heart attack or stroke, then I say go for it! Can't be any worse than egg farts.

  6. #6
    SFW! drew's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    8,170
    HomeYield, what are you at 6% these days? lol I'd be eating double cheeseburgers too.

    Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

  7. #7
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    56
    you also need to understand that 100g of protein in one sitting is prettty much pointless ,, your body can only absorb so much at one sitting ( usually 40-50-60 depending on ones size),,, so 50-60 grams of protein in that 4 cheesburger meal of yours are going to waste,,,
    eat the burgers but eat 2 every 2-3 hrs,, thatll be much more beneficial youll still be getting the calories you need for gaining but youll also be getting a full 100 grams of protein instead of 50....
    also id try to cut the cheese and mayo on the burger if i were you( actually if i were you i wouldnt touch a burger) ,, tell them to pack it with veggies

  8. #8
    HomeYield WillKuenzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    7,769
    It looks a bit more because of all the creatine water retention but yeah probably still around 6-7%. I actually prefer Wendy's triple cheeseburgers and jr. bacon cheeseburgers. Wendy's lets you double the beef for only like 79 or something.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

  9. #9
    SFW! drew's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    8,170
    If I go for junk food, it's usually Wendy's. But not the burgers, just the spicy chicken.

    Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

  10. #10
    wooooo Jasonl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Westside
    Posts
    547
    If I go for junk food, it's usually Wendy's. But not the burgers, just the spicy chicken.
    the 5 piece chicken nuggest are tasty too.

  11. #11
    Kitty Kung-Fu Shroud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    194
    4 McD dbl cheeseburges sounds like a DAMN tasty meal though Drew.

  12. #12
    Kitty Kung-Fu Shroud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    194
    There's a greasy spoon down the street that sells dbl bacon cheeseburgers which must literally have 6-7 pieces of bacon on them. One of those, loaded, is a full meal I gotta tell you...hmm I think I just decided on lunch for tomorrow after my cardio.

  13. #13
    confused by simplicity bradley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    5,467
    Originally posted by Newby81
    you also need to understand that 100g of protein in one sitting is prettty much pointless ,, your body can only absorb so much at one sitting ( usually 40-50-60 depending on ones size),,, so 50-60 grams of protein in that 4 cheesburger meal of yours are going to waste,,,
    This is just a myth, and your body does a good job at absorbing whatever you consume. The larger the meal, the longer it will sit in your gut, but this is not to say that the protein will not be absorbed. If I remember correctly, protein is absorbed with ~90% efficiency, fat at ~95%, and carbs will vary the most due to the fiber content.

  14. #14
    One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    T dot
    Posts
    2,295
    Originally posted by Newby81
    you also need to understand that 100g of protein in one sitting is prettty much pointless ,, your body can only absorb so much at one sitting ( usually 40-50-60 depending on ones size),,, so 50-60 grams of protein in that 4 cheesburger meal of yours are going to waste,,,
    eat the burgers but eat 2 every 2-3 hrs,, thatll be much more beneficial youll still be getting the calories you need for gaining but youll also be getting a full 100 grams of protein instead of 50....
    also id try to cut the cheese and mayo on the burger if i were you( actually if i were you i wouldnt touch a burger) ,, tell them to pack it with veggies
    Dude doesn't care if it is the healthiest meal nor does he specifically care about the amount of protien consumed. 4 cheeseburgers are for DENSE calories to gain some weight. I say if you are skinny and can't gain weight easily because of a low appitite go for it. It worked for me. MC'ds is what kind of "jump" started my weight gain.
    w00t

  15. #15
    $3n10r M3mb3r defcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,331
    I belive all that fast food is simply unhealthy. i'd rather get almost sick from eating clean calories then eat those. Try drinking shakes and eating lots of nuts. both calorie dense and don;'t fill you up.

  16. #16
    Cyber Playa AllUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    In Uranus
    Posts
    1,398
    lol 4Dbl-Chzburgers=Beachbawl gut, Quadruple Chin. Fat neck, 17Fat-rolls down your body, Speech impediment due to all the grease, Difficulty breathing and a Stroke. Then Ronald McDonalds clowny azz will feel sorry for you and give you a free happy-meal.

    Dont Do It! Nooooooooooo!!!
    AUIU
    <=Real Sword, Fake Glow.
    ---
    Research that s*** up son. <me
    ---
    Gyno Rhino: "I think your cyber-game just sucks."
    ---
    Brawl: "Fill it with rocks , walk up to the sales dude and hit him in the face with it . When he falls down kick him in the neck and say " this stuff is junk "."

    Brawl: "Or grab a bottle bust it on the table and stab him in his neck"

  17. #17
    Cyber Playa AllUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    In Uranus
    Posts
    1,398
    In all seriousness though. if you go with the four dbl-chz's youll be McFat. Seriously man..
    AUIU
    <=Real Sword, Fake Glow.
    ---
    Research that s*** up son. <me
    ---
    Gyno Rhino: "I think your cyber-game just sucks."
    ---
    Brawl: "Fill it with rocks , walk up to the sales dude and hit him in the face with it . When he falls down kick him in the neck and say " this stuff is junk "."

    Brawl: "Or grab a bottle bust it on the table and stab him in his neck"

  18. #18
    Journalist galileo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    9,289
    I would be more concerned about the saturated fats and a future heart condition through gaining weight this way. If you want to increase your calories, buy some fish and soak it in olive oil before you bake it. There are a ton of ways to increase calories that are far better.

  19. #19
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    56
    Originally posted by bradley


    This is just a myth, and your body does a good job at absorbing whatever you consume. The larger the meal, the longer it will sit in your gut, but this is not to say that the protein will not be absorbed. If I remember correctly, protein is absorbed with ~90% efficiency, fat at ~95%, and carbs will vary the most due to the fiber content.
    Bradley,, this topic has been researched over many years and still there is no real realible answer ,im sure youll be able to cut and paste well credited references that support your opinion on this and i would be able to do the same ,,yes the body does prefer 40+ grams of protein every 2-3 hrs for muscle growth , but there is no reason to consume any more then 50-60 grams per meal,,, im pretty sure you do not consume a 100 grams of protein per meal because you seem much smarterr then that.....unless your juicing in which protein synthesis would be greater........
    also i do not understand why you would cut and paste what i wrote when we both know it would be much better if he split it in 2 meals,, this board is to help people out ,,are you recommending him to eat 2000-2500 cals in one sitting, even on a bulk??

  20. #20
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    56
    Originally posted by GonePostal

    Dude doesn't care if it is the healthiest meal nor does he specifically care about the amount of protien consumed. 4 cheeseburgers are for DENSE calories to gain some weight. I say if you are skinny and can't gain weight easily because of a low appitite go for it. It worked for me. MC'ds is what kind of "jump" started my weight gain.
    DUDE!!!! first off by adding 8 slices of cheese and 2 tablespoons of mayo that is equivelent to 50 grams of fat ,, I dont care what bulk your on you dont need that extra garbage,, extra fat will not encourage muscle growth ,, only a climb in the BF scale,,, yes it will add a good amount of extra calories which are needed for bulking but they are not the best source of extra calories and i would still recommend you not to eat them,, you aleady ate a good 50 grams of fat from just the patties alone!! there are many ways in upping your calories and not upping your fat ,, if you do up your fat why not choose flax oil , because your surely not getting any EFA's from double cheeseburgers,,, or why dont you grub out on oatmeal ,, eat as much as you can 6 times a day with a good source of protein and fat,, its really not hard at all
    good choices for meals and extra calories:
    flaxseed oil
    olive oil
    canola oil( contains small sourse of omega 3)
    peanut butter
    nuts
    oats
    sweet potatoes
    yams
    whole wheat bread
    fish(all kinds)
    chicken
    beef
    turkey
    veggies
    beef jerkey
    protein shakes
    by doing this youll add lean mass without all the fat

  21. #21
    $3n10r M3mb3r defcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,331
    Originally posted by Newby81


    DUDE!!!! first off by adding 8 slices of cheese and 2 tablespoons of mayo that is equivelent to 50 grams of fat ,, I dont care what bulk your on you dont need that extra garbage,, extra fat will not encourage muscle growth ,, only a climb in the BF scale,,, yes it will add a good amount of extra calories which are needed for bulking but they are not the best source of extra calories and i would still recommend you not to eat them,, you aleady ate a good 50 grams of fat from just the patties alone!! there are many ways in upping your calories and not upping your fat ,, if you do up your fat why not choose flax oil , because your surely not getting any EFA's from double cheeseburgers,,, or why dont you grub out on oatmeal ,, eat as much as you can 6 times a day with a good source of protein and fat,, its really not hard at all
    good choices for meals and extra calories:
    flaxseed oil
    olive oil
    canola oil( contains small sourse of omega 3)
    peanut butter
    nuts
    oats
    sweet potatoes
    yams
    whole wheat bread
    fish(all kinds)
    chicken
    beef
    turkey
    veggies
    beef jerkey
    protein shakes
    by doing this youll add lean mass without all the fat
    Excellent Post.. Its easy to consume LOADS of calories with nuts.. bulking = no problem, even if your super ecto and eat clean..

  22. #22
    II MrWebb78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The Big Sac
    Posts
    5,954
    round and round we go
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

    There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

    If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

    6'2"
    273 lbs.

  23. #23
    II MrWebb78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The Big Sac
    Posts
    5,954
    2500 cals in one sitting sounds like an outstanding idea to me, and others who try to reach10k calories a day.

    besides, fat is not the enemy. and its the most efficient form of energy
    Last edited by MrWebb78; 11-11-2003 at 06:23 PM.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

    There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

    If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

    6'2"
    273 lbs.

  24. #24
    SFW! drew's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    8,170
    Remember the McLean Deluxe? LMAO

    Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

  25. #25
    Newd poster SquareHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    1,763
    Originally posted by MrWebb78
    besides, fat is not the enemy. and its the most efficient form of energy
    WOW. I would have gone with sugar or carbohydrates but who am I?
    Old Journal


    " I'd give up a pinky or a toe or something I don't need those"
    -PwrMajt:

    "Remember, as long as you don't kick them in the head or use a weapon, it's only a misdemeanor." -JustinASU

    I nominate this thread for the Tim Nissen Award! -El P

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •