Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4 mcdonalds double cheeseburgers for bulking

Wannabebig Member
    Originally posted by MrWebb78
    2500 cals in one sitting sounds like an outstanding idea to me, and others who try to reach10k calories a day.

besides, fat is not the enemy. and its the most efficient form of energy
    im thinking your probably joking around but this has got to be one of the worst posts in history if your serious, but if you are serious here it goes:::: BUCKLE UP
    1..2500 calories in one meal is unnesscary,,, refeeds do not even aquire that many calories per sitting,, if you have a binge and it adds up to that (once every few weeks) ,, ok!! but if your eating like that daily 4-6 times a day i would recommend you stop doing this!!!!

2..10000 calories a day , umm what exactly are your goals , BECOMING FAT?????, pro's do not even consume that much daily offseason ( and theyre on the juice all throughout it),, and if they do all the cals add up from complex carbs not fat,, im pretty sure your not a good 350 plus off season though ,, if so wed probably know who you were!!!

3..no fat is not the enemy,, your body will not function correctly without fat ( to a limit though ) ,, but if your amused by the fact of 4 cheeseburgers with the cheese and mayo ( which is all saturated fat),, and are recommending it to bulkers,, that wouldnt be the greatest idea

4.. and finally your body will not function a 100% without glucose ,,which is the body's preffered energy source,,, you can train your body to use fat for fuel ( ketosis ) but this shouldnt be used in long periods of time,, unless obese, which in many cases the obese seem to find more energy from fat then carbs ,, but athletes and bb'ers should get there energy from carbs

AND IM DONE,, YOU BETTER NOT BE JOKING

I prefer a 24 ounce steak (NY Sirloin), with corn tortillas and homemade guacamole. Oh....and some limes. Can't beat that.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    Newby81:
    1. protien shakes are not a very good source of protien through out the day(I would even go as far as saying they are not even a good source of protien) They are also very expensive.
    2. Some of the stuff you listed is not very calorie dense or very "tastey". Most "ecto" morphs have trouble eatting enough of the "clean" foods to gain weight. Chugging oil just makes me throw up and all that other meat products I can only eat so much because of time constraints. (I just got home from school at 12:30am left the house at 6:00am previous day) Eatting oatmeal makes me gag and hard. I eat it anyways but I couldn't eat that more then 1 meal a day. Don't assume and tell people what is hard and what is not.
    3. If 4 cheeseburgers every few days is the difference between gaining weight and staying the same I will choose 8 cheeseburgers everytime period. A calorie is a calorie is a calorie. Some are better then other of course but not enough is worse then too many. This goes double for "ecto" morphs.
    4. 2500 calories in one sitting/100g protien in one sitting/what ever is unnessessary but can not hurt. Your body will absorb all these nutrients and any excess will be converted to energy. Just because your body absorbs 100g protien doesn't mean it uses it all. Anything it doesn't use will be converted to energy. (Correct me I am wrong bradley) Excess cals are needed to build muscle period so eatting fat will aid muscle growth. Is it the best way? Is it a decent alternative for people that don't really have to worry about fat gain and are more focused on weight gain? Yes.

Many a time have I come across people that share your views. "Eat clean or don't eat". That held me back in my training in the early stages. Since I learned my body can handle "fast foods" with minimal penalties it has been much better. Would I be slightly leaner if I didn't eat fast foods (some times 2x a day )? Yes. But I would be a heck of alot smaller too. Try to see where the person you are giving advice is coming from.
    w00t

4 double cheeseburgers? Horrible idea.

Two double quarter pounders with cheese? Excellent idea.

Been my lunch for the last, oh, six months or so. I HIGHLY recommend it. I've headed more in the direction of MrWebb's view over Newby81 as I've gone on.... I'm bigger and leaner than I've ever been, so it must work.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    Damn you B
    w00t

Originally posted by Newby81

,,yes the body does prefer 40+ grams of protein every 2-3 hrs for muscle growth , but there is no reason to consume any more then 50-60 grams per meal,,, im pretty sure you do not consume a 100 grams of protein per meal because you seem much smarterr then that.....unless your juicing in which protein synthesis would be greater........
    Cut and paste these studies bro, everyone who has heard this argument 100 times want to read them. You do realize protein synthesis and protein digestion are two distince things correct? Bradley is correct, a basic understanding of the digestive system and specifically digestive enzymes would agree.
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST

Wannabebig Member
    im gonna try and keep this short and to the point
    1... i didnt recommend protein shakes for meals ,, these are to be consumed post w/o with a high gi carb for an insulin spike
    2.... there are many alternatives to oatmeal
    3-4 .. since you seem to care about peoples needs so much , where did you get the idea that he was a hard gainer,, he did not mention that at all( that is something you just threw in on your own),, if you read his post he wants a cheap alternative for bulking,,, as far as we know this kid can be 230 pounds of pure muscle,, and without the indepth info there is no way im going to recommend him eating 4 cheesebugers a day, nor should you ,because whether hard gainer or not its still not a good idea!!!!!!!!!
    i try and work with the information im given ,, with little info i try to give a general idea of what need to be changed or tampered with ,, and that is all we should be doing PERIOD

Bradley,, this topic has been researched over many years and still there is no real realible answer ,im sure youll be able to cut and paste well credited references that support your opinion on this and i would be able to do the same
    Please post these references that show the body will only absorb ~40g of protein per serving, as I do not think such references exist.

yes the body does prefer 40+ grams of protein every 2-3 hrs for muscle growth , but there is no reason to consume any more then 50-60 grams per meal,,,
    Let's suppose that I take in 75g of protein in one sitting, as compared to taking in 40g in one sitting. The 75g will take longer to digest, and thus end providing the body with amino acids for a longer period of time, which would be ideal for someone who is unable to eat every 3-4 hours.

also i do not understand why you would cut and paste what i wrote when we both know it would be much better if he split it in 2 meals,, this board is to help people out ,,are you recommending him to eat 2000-2500 cals in one sitting, even on a bulk??
    The above statement is not relevant to the discussion at hand, since I in no way recommended him to eat only 2 meals. I am just pointing out that your statement has no scientific backing, although you claim that it does. Again I ask you to please post these references that you are referring to, and I will be happy to acknowledge I am wrong if you can prove to me that the body will only utilize ~40g of protein per sitting.

I agree that splitting up your meals throughout the day would be a better approach, but then again that is not what I was pointing out in my original post in this thread.

Originally posted by GonePostal
    Newby81:
    1. protien shakes are not a very good source of protien through out the day(I would even go as far as saying they are not even a good source of protien) They are also very expensive.
    2. Some of the stuff you listed is not very calorie dense or very "tastey". Most "ecto" morphs have trouble eatting enough of the "clean" foods to gain weight. Chugging oil just makes me throw up and all that other meat products I can only eat so much because of time constraints. (I just got home from school at 12:30am left the house at 6:00am previous day) Eatting oatmeal makes me gag and hard. I eat it anyways but I couldn't eat that more then 1 meal a day. Don't assume and tell people what is hard and what is not.
    3. If 4 cheeseburgers every few days is the difference between gaining weight and staying the same I will choose 8 cheeseburgers everytime period. A calorie is a calorie is a calorie. Some are better then other of course but not enough is worse then too many. This goes double for "ecto" morphs.
    4. 2500 calories in one sitting/100g protien in one sitting/what ever is unnessessary but can not hurt. Your body will absorb all these nutrients and any excess will be converted to energy. Just because your body absorbs 100g protien doesn't mean it uses it all. Anything it doesn't use will be converted to energy. (Correct me I am wrong bradley) Excess cals are needed to build muscle period so eatting fat will aid muscle growth. Is it the best way? Is it a decent alternative for people that don't really have to worry about fat gain and are more focused on weight gain? Yes.

Many a time have I come across people that share your views. "Eat clean or don't eat". That held me back in my training in the early stages. Since I learned my body can handle "fast foods" with minimal penalties it has been much better. Would I be slightly leaner if I didn't eat fast foods (some times 2x a day )? Yes. But I would be a heck of alot smaller too. Try to see where the person you are giving advice is coming from.

Okay,.. let me first say that newby81 posted a nice post above this one..

Now let me sort this one out :P

1. protein shakes are cheaper then whole food, for the most part. Also i dun remember newby81 even recommending them.

2. out of all the foods he previously listed, many of them are calorie dense, i can eat 5000 cals from oatmeal alone, so if you can't get 5000 cals from nuts then you are a 10 year old skinny anorexic women. Sorry.

3. If you have to resort to eating that garbage to gain weight, i would personally rather stay the same weight then cause myself a heart attack @ the age of 20. Just eat real clean food.

4. No one knows how well the body can/will use all of these nutrients. SO i will not comment on this.

One crazy MOFO/Mail man

*edited to highlight
    good choices for meals and extra calories:

protein shakes
    no mention of postworkout or preworkout

Originally posted by crud_meridian
    i'm a skinny guy and don't seem to gain fat no matter how bad i eat, so this seems like a godsend. what do you guys think?
    = "hard gainer" which could mean that he has a high metab or that his appetite is low. He never said he wanted a cheap bulking food. He never even brought up the issue of money.

Oh and defcon as I said before it's a matter of goals. For skinny people many don't care about the extra fat and the potiential to get a heart attack later in life because for many it will not be a reality. They care about mass gain and now. I don't care if you can eat 10k cals of oatmeal. If he could do that he wouldn't be asking this question because he would be gaining weight on oatmeal.
    Last edited by GonePostal; 11-12-2003 at 06:10 AM.
    w00t

And im just saying that there is no need or excuse for anyone to have to eat 4 dbl cheeseburgers to bulk. You can get the same amount of calories from nuts and feel less full.

There is also the question of taste however. I'd personally always try to eat clean foods, but you need a diet you can stick to.

Banned
    I think what is more important than the increasingly shrill generalizations about what's 'good' and what's 'bad' from some of the posts here is for you to observe the effects that eating in different ways has on your body (as Belial pointed out... he has personally found that he has become bigger and leaner eating that way).

Myself, I like Wendy's better than McD's for that sort of thing because they add foliage to the burger... I limit carbs both when cutting and bulking and so i tend to order a Wendy's triple w. cheese with no bun, and they serve it in one of those little baked potato trays. McDonalds double qtr pdrs... those I will throw on a plate, or if I simply must eat it with the bun for some reason, I'll put the meat from one into the other bun, and make a 4-patty burger.

Originally posted by Belial

Been my lunch for the last, oh, six months or so. I'm bigger and leaner than I've ever been, so it must work.
    hAet.

im thinking your probably joking around but this has got to be one of the worst posts in history if your serious, but if you are serious here it goes:::: BUCKLE UP
    1..2500 calories in one meal is unnesscary,,, refeeds do not even aquire that many calories per sitting,, if you have a binge and it adds up to that (once every few weeks) ,, ok!! but if your eating like that daily 4-6 times a day i would recommend you stop doing this!!!!

2..10000 calories a day , umm what exactly are your goals , BECOMING FAT?????, pro's do not even consume that much daily offseason ( and theyre on the juice all throughout it),, and if they do all the cals add up from complex carbs not fat,, im pretty sure your not a good 350 plus off season though ,, if so wed probably know who you were!!!

3..no fat is not the enemy,, your body will not function correctly without fat ( to a limit though ) ,, but if your amused by the fact of 4 cheeseburgers with the cheese and mayo ( which is all saturated fat),, and are recommending it to bulkers,, that wouldnt be the greatest idea

4.. and finally your body will not function a 100% without glucose ,,which is the body's preffered energy source,,, you can train your body to use fat for fuel ( ketosis ) but this shouldnt be used in long periods of time,, unless obese, which in many cases the obese seem to find more energy from fat then carbs ,, but athletes and bb'ers should get there energy from carbs

AND IM DONE,, YOU BETTER NOT BE JOKING

wow, glad i buckled up for this waste of 2 minutes. let me try to sum this up short and sweet. you can read all the books in the world, you can even browse hundreds of websites, and they all give you outstanding support of everything you just said. BUT! everyones bodies are different, and there is no better measure than personal experience. so if you want to call me stupid for having goals of 10k calories, with gobs of fat in it, then by all means have at it.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

I saw a comercial for KFC saying their chicken breast or somethin had 40 grams of protein and only 11 g's of carbs.. pretty impressive although i dont wanna look at the SAT fat on those babys. But for people like me who metabolize the **** out of fast food, it might be a good choice- i personally go for 2 big macs..
    6'0 - 176lb
    ~14% bf

Quote Originally Posted by body
    - women eat cream cakes when you are not looking and have chocolate in hiding places. There are no journal articles to refernce this fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinstarke
    I found that while my friends were good at drawing or skating i was good at moving heavy objects.

kfc has another commercial running that says 2 of their breasts havce less fat than a whopper, and their skinless chicken is very low on fat
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Originally posted by JTyrell710
    But for people like me who metabolize the **** out of fast food, it might be a good choice- i personally go for 2 big macs..
    metabolism might mean you don't gain any weight, but imagine how much healthier you could be if you ate cleanly

not to mention, while you might not show weight gain, think of your arteries and what your cholesterol is going to be like in 10 years

Originally posted by defcon
    i can eat 5000 cals from oatmeal alone
    are you kidding?
    thats about 3lbs of dry oatmeal
    amen if you can do that bro, that seems nuts to me *LOL*

I have a 1.19kg (2lb 10oz) can of oats in front of me now
    31 servings per container, 140cal per serving = 4340 calories
    806g of carbs
    77.5g of fat
    150g of protein

(not to mention the 62 cups of water that you might want to mix with it)
    Last edited by geoffgarcia; 11-12-2003 at 10:38 PM.

4 double cheeseburgers? Horrible idea.

Been my lunch for the last, oh, six months or so. I HIGHLY recommend it. I've headed more in the direction of MrWebb's view over Newby81 as I've gone on.... I'm bigger and leaner than I've ever been, so it must work.
    Your 5.11? 240 10% ? Can you post pic? im the same height and about 8%BF .. Just wondering what 240 would look like..

The stats are lies. He's actually a balding midget.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

its funny cause i never saw a pic of him hehe

That's the myth that is Belial.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Yes, I exist only on the internet.

"Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Stats!
    -5'11", 240, ~10% bf
    Ah damn. I thought I was gonna see a pic of the infamous Belial. I'm 5'11, 220, guessing at about 15%. Those stats up there look like a good goal for me.

I ate 2 double cheeseburgers and 2 spicy chicken sandwiches and apple pies and a large coke today. Not good, but it happens only rarely.