The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Bump for my questions above.

i want to see some pics Cause 240 5.11 10% is pretty big If i remember Arnold was 6.2 240 7% ! So at 5.11

Re: 4 mcdonalds double cheeseburgers for bulking

Originally posted by Newby81
    3-4 .. since you seem to care about peoples needs so much , where did you get the idea that he was a hard gainer,, he did not mention that at all( that is something you just threw in on your own),, if you read his post he wants a cheap alternative for bulking,,, as far as we know this kid can be 230 pounds of pure muscle,, and without the indepth info there is no way im going to recommend him eating 4 cheesebugers a day, nor should you ,because whether hard gainer or not its still not a good idea!!!!!!!!!
    We might have got this idea from this part of his post...

Originally posted by crud_meridian
    ... i'm a skinny guy and don't seem to gain fat no matter how bad i eat...

What questions are you referring to Bradley?
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

i only saw Belial in narcs video. hes a big M.F'er. but i get to make fun cuz he was weariong a tank top that probably would be too tight for my 8 yr old daughter
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

true, but it may take you an hour or so to make that lasagna, it only takes 5 minutes to hit a drive thru!
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Wannabebig Member
    of course i kinda knew that it wasn't a "good" idea before i even started this thread -- read fast food nation by eric schlosser and you'll understand fast food is pretty truly awful in lots of meaningful ways -- but for the past two weeks i've been trying to get 3000 + calories/day, every day, no exceptions, and incorporating occasional fast food into that plan has become a necessary evil for me, and the consesus seems to be that in the grand scheme of things, it's not great, but probably not terrible either, so i'm gonna keep scarfing down the burgers!!

Originally posted by geoffgarcia

metabolism might mean you don't gain any weight, but imagine how much healthier you could be if you ate cleanly

not to mention, while you might not show weight gain, think of your arteries and what your cholesterol is going to be like in 10 years
    clogged worse than the hoover damn?

meh at least im not juicin

Re: Re: 4 mcdonalds double cheeseburgers for bulking

Originally posted by HomeYield
    What questions are you referring to Bradley?
    Well I guess I should have said request instead of question.

"Again I ask you to please post these references that you are referring to, and I will be happy to acknowledge I am wrong if you can prove to me that the body will only utilize ~40g of protein per sitting."

That's just silly talk. If we really did have that sort of requirement it would vary great due to the size of a person to begin with, let alone understanding how long it takes for the body to assimilate certain proteins, meal frequency, etc.

Originally posted by MrWebb78
    i only saw Belial in narcs video. hes a big M.F'er. but i get to make fun cuz he was weariong a tank top that probably would be too tight for my 8 yr old daughter
    I was much smaller then. And that tank top was hot.

*shakes fist*

wank.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Originally posted by MrWebb78
    LOL so true.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.