Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I know Y'all are better than this

I know Y'all are better than this

but as i talk to people here at work, i'm already picking up vibes I don't feel comfortable with.

many of us are Assuming this was done by Middle Eastern Terrorists. but truth is we won't know where this came from until we know. the more ignorant of our citizens will blame everyone that remotely resembles a middle easterner. There are people in NYC now, who are scared to walk the streets for fear of being atacked because of the color of their skin.

if y'all could please refrain from targeting and blaming and showing open hostility to people on the basis of their ethnicity, i'm sure it would be appreciated. This is just reminding me of the japanese Interrment camps, and that movie Seige all over again.

Please just try to maintain.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

That is freaky, I posted my message and then I see yours..

You have a good head on your shoulders, as I fell the same vibes just reading messages here... I haven't even left my house today and I feel it, and I am in Canada.
    Stay Down With The

Runnin' with the Hatchet.. like WHUT?!?

Let's be honest.

If this isn't associated with the Middle East I think we will all be surprised. The fact of the matter is, most of the hatred towards the US is derived from the Middle East - it has nothing to do with race, it has to do with a substantiated history of events.

As for the Japanese interment camps, that was completely justified and if the situation would ever arise again it would be delt with in the same fashion. Anyone who argues this has a severe problem understanding that national security (and therefore the security of 250 million people) is 250 million times more important than the feelings of one innocent Japanese civilian. You can apologize to an innocent Japanese civilian. You cannot apologize to someone who is dead.

I believe the US must retaliate in an extremely aggressive manner to whatever group is responsible. The retaliation should be ruthless and as devastating as possible. What happened today is an act of war against the most powerful nation in the world. This cannot be ignored. The US has been very fortunate that this has not happened sooner and unless they make an immediate stand, their vunerability will be exploited. IF YOU ATTACK THE UNITED STATES WITH AN ACT OF TERRORISM, THERE WILL BE HELL TO PAY. This message MUST be hammered into the skulls of every opponent of the United States of America.
    Last edited by Anthony; 09-11-2001 at 01:15 PM.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Originally posted by Anthony
    Let's be honest.

If this isn't associated with the Middle East I think we will all be surprised. The fact of the matter is, most of the hatred towards the US is derived from the Middle East - it has nothing to do with race, it has to do with a substantiated history of events.

I believe the US must retaliate in an extremely aggressive manner to whatever group is responsible. The retaliation should be ruthless and as devastating as possible. What happened today is an act of war against the more powerful nation in the world. This cannot be ignored. The US has been very fortunate that this has not happened sooner and unless they make an immediate stand, their vunerability will be exploited. IF YOU ATTACK THE UNITED STATES WITH AN ACT OF TERRORISM, THERE WILL BE HELL TO PAY. This message MUST be hammered into the skulls of every opponent of the United States of America.
    Right on.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

i definitely agree that whoever is responsible get their due. however, that doesn't mean vigilantism by us civilians against our fellow citizens who may or may not be of a particular ethnicity. that's my point.

I would never attack anyone here. But that's not the point. I want the person(s) responsible and any country that might have aided them demolished. This is inexcusable.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

I think an attack this coordinated involved substantial planning. The plan probably included having people from the terrorist group move to the US and obtain jobs in key areas (ie, airport security). This isn't something that was planned over the weekend. This is something that took a lot of money, a lot of time, and a lot of power.

I think the US should seriously considered sending a message to the homeland of those responsible and to the rest of the world - if a terrorist group from Country XYZ attacks the US, the US will declare war on Country XYZ without mercy. If Country XYZ cannot control their people, they will deal with the consequence of having the the most powerful nation attack them. Besides, do you honestly believe that a terrorist group so powerful as this would be able to survive, grow, and be successful if their homeland government was not turning a blind eye towards them? Anti-American terrorist groups are tolerated by their governments and I believe America should change that attitude.

Obviously, the US should also tighten airport security - and if this means stopping all flights from certain countries and/or areas, so be it. The security and safety of American is more important than the honeymoon of someone from a banned area.

Bottom line - the reaction from the US must be swift and without mercy.

I think an attack this coordinated involved substantial planning. The plan probably included having people from the terrorist group move to the US and obtain jobs in key areas (ie, airport security). This isn't something that was planned over the weekend. This is something that took a lot of money, a lot of time, and a lot of power.
    this is my point....i still can't get off the fence btwn foreign or domestic.

foreign would be the obvious answer. but perhaps too obvious. Oklahoma did more damage to this point then any foreign terroristic attack to date.

I'm not sure..I'm not willing to say one way or the other until there are more facts.

nuke 'em all and let allah or whatever god they worship sort them out. this is inexcusilbe and those responsible must be dealth with. in the end though God will have the last word as he deals with them his way. eternal damnation!
    This is our current government keeping the peace.

vote Edwards for president

Foreign without a doubt. Finding an American suicide bomber would be difficult enough, let alone 4+. It's most likely of Middle East origin.

Originally posted by firemedic
    nuke 'em all and let allah or whatever god they worship sort them out. this is inexcusilbe and those responsible must be dealth with. in the end though God will have the last word as he deals with them his way. eternal damnation!
    this is the ignorance i fear.

Foreign without a doubt. Finding an American suicide bomber would be difficult enough, let alone 4+. It's most likely of Middle East origin.
    heh...good point. we are definitely not good for committing suicide for our cause. that's something i didn't take into account.

ignorance? i think not. anger and the need for retaliation is where this is stemming from. the people in the west bank dancing in the streets and partying. the palastinian government has condemned the attack, out of fear maybe, who knows. when i posted the statement i was and am still angry. if the government does;nt do anything about this i'm sure there are many americans who will vigilante style. do i really want to nuke the entire middle east, no. that would be no better than what they did to us. i do say when we find out who did it then we nuke them only and let allah sort them out.
    This is our current government keeping the peace.

vote Edwards for president

well i do believe that whoever is responsible should be taken care of, although if they really are in the middle east, Nuking them would screw up the environment and waters of several countries that may not have been involved at all.

regardless they should be found and dealt with swiftly.

I agree that whoever did this must punished. I agree that the US should take steps to combat terrorism.

However, I, for one, do not want to go to war.
    Maybe I'm selfish, but I want my sister and friends and I to grow up without being thrown into war. In honor of those who died today, I think we should do our best to promote understanding and communication and compromise worldwide. Not bomb something "cause they did it first." I think that instead of condeming us all to war, we should continue to live and fight this kind of evil, so that it never happens to anyone ever again. That would be more productive, imo.

Because no innocent deserves that kind of pain.

Rockin' the midlife crisis xraygirl's Avatar
    Another thing you guys should bear in mind is that airport security are probably going to be less suspicious of a Chinese-American with no discernable chinese accent than they would be an arab. The Chinese aren't exactly in love with us these days.
    My point here is that the US has enemies all over the world. This could have come from any of them, not just Bin Laden...

D.
    "I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific." -Lily Tomlin

Mystic Eric
    Originally posted by xraygirl
    Another thing you guys should bear in mind is that airport security are probably going to be less suspicious of a Chinese-American with no discernable chinese accent than they would be an arab. The Chinese aren't exactly in love with us these days.
    My point here is that the US has enemies all over the world. This could have come from any of them, not just Bin Laden...

D.
    the point is is that you just pissed me off. being of asian decent, and living in canada all my life, i have no prejudices against anyone. infact, this incident this morning pissed me off to no avail. so please be careful with your "stereotypes" and "generalizations"

I don't thinks she meant to stereotype you term.....

she has a point..communist china still exists and doesn't like us very much.

north korea has given fundamental muslims sanctuary.

those who performed ethnic cleansing in bosnia hate us.

the japanese around okinawa hate us.

the colombians hate us.

the panamanians hate us.

the list goes on.....

the US has lots of enemies. they may not be asian, they may not be arab, they may nto be latin american. they could be a lot of different people we have pissed off with policy. we won't know who did this until we know.

and that's been my main point all along.
    Last edited by Tryska; 09-11-2001 at 06:45 PM.

The sad thing is we cant A-Bomb the country responcible or even retaliate. Those sick fucks will use biological warfare and send some ******* disease over here and try and kill us all. They are sick and they have nothing to lose. That is why they are so dangerous.

Rockin' the midlife crisis xraygirl's Avatar
    Tryska's right. I wasn't trying to pin it on one country or nationality. That was just an example. I could have used any other nationality and probably alienated them too. Please don't take it personally because I personally do not dislike the Chinese.
    My point was that there's a whole world of people out there who dislike the US and to just focus on one small portion of it could blind us to what really happened. That is all.

D.
    Last edited by xraygirl; 09-11-2001 at 07:24 PM.

I agree with everything anthony has stated !

If interment camps are deemed nessacarry than fine by me if this escalates into war with middle eastern countries then i would not ahve aprob with all middle eastern americans being held in camps if you dont like it then we will jsut close our doors to allowing new citizenship inot the united states!!

i hope the numb fucks do try some war **** i also hope they make it to my house and i got aoff a few shots with my nine milli ruger(id probably get hosed by aks but **** it im proud to die for my ****!!!!
    Blocka Blocka

I am AMINAL

What a bunch of pathetic losers. They have nothing better to do than try and make our lives miserable. **** them!

Hopefully the E-bola (SP?) virus will break out over there. Then I will **** in my river and celebrate. This ******* **** isnt over.

I might get bashed for this, but I disagree with internment camps. People come into this country seeking the security of the bill of rights. Just because someone was born in a different place on the earth doesnt mean we have the right to snatch away their rights in times of need, and stick people in camps. I doubt that would solve anything. And with the amount of hatred for the US out there today (nice post Tryska) I doubt it would prevent anything. I find the idea ridiculous. This country was built on immigrants. Just because your ancestors were lucky enough to get over here earlier doesn't mean you can control everyone who comes after you. How would we ever justify such an extreme, unrationalized, radical act to the world community? And barring citizenship? Who are you trying to punish here? Do you really think that government leaders who are sick enough to finance this kind of operation give two sh*** about whether their people can emigrate to the US or not? Innocent people would suffer the consequences. We are so fortunate to be living where we are. That doesn't mean we should now bring up the drawbridge and say, thats it, no more room for you. Every child on this earth, I don't care what race, color, nationality they are, deserves a chance at a decent future. Immigration to the US is what makes us diverse, unique, and interesting. I welcome all the people that are fortunate enough to be allowed to come here each year, and for the ones that spend years sadly waiting, I wish them luck and hope.

Originally posted by Bam Bam

If interment camps are deemed nessacarry than fine by me if this escalates into war with middle eastern countries then i would not ahve aprob with all middle eastern americans being held in camps if you dont like it then we will jsut close our doors to allowing new citizenship inot the united states!!

Definatly protect the whole. Our society was original made for immigrents to assimilate into it.. now assimilatrion isnt done.. war times camp times...
    ...watch me reap of what I sow....

and BOOM goes the dynomite!

Interment camps will exist in any situation where the safety of millions is at risk. And please be aware that the US Government does have the power to remove your "rights" in a state of emergency. You honestly believe the "rights" of a handful of individuals is more important than the LIVES of 250 million Americans? Give your head a shake.

President Bush has released a statement saying, "We will make no distinction between the terrorists who committed these acts, and those who harbor them."

This is exactly what I have already called for. The US MUST send a message to these countries in the most ruthless manner possible. I believe there will be war. The US has been complacent for too long and it's about time something was done. The United States of America is the most powerful country in the world and the terrorists and those who harbor them are going to be taught a lesson - YOU WILL NOT **** WITH THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.