Thread: Torn AC???

Hybrid View

Wannabebig Member

Torn AC???

Has any one ever had a torn AC if so what did they to to fix it ???? Dr. told me i got a torn AC thatr i might have to have sergery on it!!!! Thanks for any INFO

AC as in the Acromion-Clavicular ligament in your shoulder? If it is torn, then you probably will have to have surgery to repair it. Relatively minor (if any invasive process can be minor) though from what I've seen.
    Vincere aut mori

"The best inspiration is not to outdo others, but to outdo ourselves."

"From the inside looking out, you can't explain it; from the outside looking in, you can't understand it."

Wannabebig Member
    ya in my schoulder .Will i still be able to lift like i use to after it heals up ???? just very curious .

Dirck, i am in the same boat as you. i have seperated both of my shoulders(AC Seperation). there is really nothing you can do about it except surgery. ive had the Cortisone shots(dont do it) and the only other option is surgery. in the surgery they will cut off about a quarter inch from your clavicle. that reduces the contact between the joints. thats why you have the pain, the Acromion process and the Clavicle are rubbing togeather.

have you been to the doc yet? you might not have seperated them completely. if thats the case, sometimes you only need rehab and rest(about a month).

the only thing that hampers me while working out is the flat bench press, and i am in PAIN! thats the only exercise that aggravates both of my joints. i can do anything else that i want though pain free!

Wannabebig Member
    Well ive been to the Dr. and he sent me try get MRIs friday that took about alll day they did two mris one with no die first then they had to send me to get the die right in the schoulder That was pain full .But know i gotta wait till Monday to find out whats really wrong !!!! But Dr. told me that it sounded like torn AC.so i guesss well see !!!