The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gym war stories

Originally posted by JUSBU
    My gym is pretty hardcore. But I hate the grunters. Leave the grunting for the bedroom.
    Sorry.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

hmm. i don't have any wierdos in my gym.
    there is this one guy, i am friends with him (but don't know his name); he was working out and all of the sudden i hear him screaming at the personal trainer. Everyone got quiet. I don't know what happened. He's hardcore and he's kewl with me. i don't know the whole story, but yeah that's as odd as it gets in my gym...
    PHOENIX

height - 5' 10 1/2"
    weight - 161bs
    bench - 240lbs (2x)
    curl - 55lbs (dumbell 3x)
    squat - 285 lbs (few times)

goal to improve body along with strength with help of wbb.com

rum soaked derelict
    At my gym at school thereís this one guy who used to fallow me around and do the same exercises as me when I went for a drink of water or something. He would hide away when I was using and just grab it when I had my back turned. He would never ask me what I was doing; just do the same work out.

At home we have Donny. Donny is a character to say the least. From what my Dad tells me he was a giant back in the 80ís, but is getting older now. He has a bicked balled head and scares most of the people who donít know him. But when you get to know him he is a total goof ball. We tell all the new people he cross dresses at night, and that is why he shaves his head, so he can wear a wig easier.

theres this guy that comes in once in a while that we like to call "the flexor."

EVERY SINGLE TIME he is there, after a set he starts flexing **** biceps and pecs in the freakin mirror, like he's posing in a competition. everyone is staring at him, most are laughing, but the dude keeps on going, completely oblivious.

he has some size (6'0, 200lbs, 16% probably), but he DB benches 30 pounders. once I saw him finish a set of them and a guy waiting for the weights asks him how many more sets he has lift, to which he randomly replies... "you gotta lift the most weight you can possibly lift. to be strong is to lift strong, got it? I lift hard! that is my philosophy" the guy looks at him like he is crazy and walks off.

at my gym there arent really that many weirdos... only one time i saw this guy try do shoulder presses on the chinup bar by doing a handstand on it... was very weird.. lol

and one time.. i was doing deadlifts (conventional )and this guy comes to tell me im doing them wrong... so i figured my form was bad or something.. he then proceeds to show me what to do.. and he does a straight-legged deadlift instead and then tells me... thats gonna straighten you out.. cause most guys work their chest and end up hunched forward.. and he just stood there waiting for me to do it.. i mean wtf? i jus walked to the water cooler and then when he left i went back to do my deadlifts
    Last edited by donraja; 11-14-2003 at 05:40 PM.

Ahahah, damn these are really some funny stories. Anyway at my school gym, after me and my friend were done doing DL's we walked over to the row machine.

While their we look back and see two guys taking off the weights from the bar ( we left them on b/c shrug sets were going to happen a little later). This one guy takes one plate off and then displays pain by groaning and grabbing his lower back. lol

Simplistic
    Originally posted by Bruise Brubaker
    I now have a new quote.
    LMAO!

the kid from oz
    i live in a relatively small city and there is only a couple of gyms, ours being the most popular so understandably we have a lot of amusing characters

we once had a grunter he thought he was the man because he won the local comp that year and omg i have never heard anything more annoying than someone who screams when they're working out, after a couple of days the manager posted signs on the walls "As courtousy to other members please refrain from gunting and screaming in the training room" or something like that

another time there were some guys who thought it might be cool to break all the hooks in the mens room off the wall so there was no where to hang clothes and also rip all the shower heads off. Our manager posted a sign on the wall something like this:
    ATTENTION: to the d*ck heads who think its f*cking funny to vandalise my gym youd better f*cking watch out because when i find you, you're dead

the old dudes that lift wear these hot pants, its disgusting

and yeah groaners piss me off too

i dont mind breathing loudly, etc though

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    Man ....Sorry. I'll try not to make so much noise next time....yeesh
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.