Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gym war stories

Hybrid View

Gym war stories

Every gym has his characters, but this one is probably somewhat more bizarre than most. He's a pretty big guy. He wears shoes that don't match, will go out on the parking lot and run barefooted full speed into a fence and grunt like he's been stuck in the bowels by a Japanese sword.

Today, I was doing some benches beside him. Some guy came up and asked him a question about being whether the music being played helped his workout. The oddball character starts yelling at the top of his voice, "It comes from within! It comes from within! If you need music to help you, then give it up. It comes from within!"

The gym just went silent. (Except for the music.) Man, that was very strange. I always stayed away from this nutcase and I'm glad I did.
    Winners train. Losers complain.

Tell him to cycle. He shouldn't be shooting up constantly. lol

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Wannabebig Member
    lol, wish my gym had some characters like that

thats funny
    I remember being at an indoor college track meet somewhere in the north east and some dude got all pissed off about falling or dropping a handoff or something and he ran just about full tilt into a padded wall. He did it about 3 times, I'm kinda surprised he didn't break his neck with the speed he was traveling at and the wall wasn't padded all that thick (like 1 gym mat thick)

wingnuts...
    stunods...

Toughest Man in the World Bruise Brubaker's Avatar
    I now have a new quote.

Wannabebig New Member
    There's an Arabian fellow who come's to the gym in my area, hes a douche. He wears this little loafers like straight from the office to lift in. Anyway, he comes up to me and goes.."I vant to ve big like you" (sarcasm because im quite the skinny guy) So I bust out the ol' "I want some fudgepacking shoes like you" and all of my friends just bust out laughing. Oddly the guy comes back the next week and busted out the same sorry arse cut-down again( hes like 40 , i mean cmon have some common courtesy) So my friend who's just enourmous says "GO AWAY QUILTSNATCHER" and I haven't seen him at the gym since....
    Skinny K, represent

Everyone is really serious about lifting in my gym. There's never a free curling rack in sight.
    5-9 170

This gym is filled with characters.

There's a 78 year old guy who talks to aliens via his watch. They're coming to get us all soon, and we'll then become "full conscience beings."
    Winners train. Losers complain.

Wannabebig Member
    so is the "arabian" guy a douche because he asked you a question? or because he's arabian?

are you sure he was ripping you when he asked his question?

i find the "quiltsnatcher" comment appalling....post your racist rubbish elsewhere
    Eat your cereal with a fork and do your homework in the dark

Originally posted by Skinny K
    There's an Arabian fellow who come's to the gym in my area, hes a douche. He wears this little loafers like straight from the office to lift in. Anyway, he comes up to me and goes.."I vant to ve big like you" (sarcasm because im quite the skinny guy) So I bust out the ol' "I want some fudgepacking shoes like you" and all of my friends just bust out laughing. Oddly the guy comes back the next week and busted out the same sorry arse cut-down again( hes like 40 , i mean cmon have some common courtesy) So my friend who's just enourmous says "GO AWAY QUILTSNATCHER" and I haven't seen him at the gym since....
    C'mon man, let's see some maturity here.

Originally posted by ryan1117
    Everyone is really serious about lifting in my gym. There's never a free curling rack in sight.
    Never a free curl rack. ROFLMFAO!!!! Sounds like the rec center here at school.
    Vincere aut mori

"The best inspiration is not to outdo others, but to outdo ourselves."

"From the inside looking out, you can't explain it; from the outside looking in, you can't understand it."

We have a close talker at our gym it freaks me out having him run 1/2 way acroos the gym to within 2 inches of my face to ask for a spot.

There used to be this guy who would come into the gym, run around the gym for carido (our gym has no track for this), walk into the ladies dressing room (not sure why), and take a show in his clothes, then come out completely wet. I haven't seen him in a while but it was fun to watch.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

Another one:

We have this personal trainer at the gym who is a really great guy. Likes to play practicaly jokes every now and them. He has a Palm Pilot that he carries around all the time and he mananged to get a SFX of a fart. He loaded it in set it so that he could bend over and the fart sound would go off. He was working with one client when another of his clients came over to chat. After some talking he bent over to pick up a plate, which he put there, and aimed his ass at the person who just came over. Fart sound goes off and the look on her face is classic. He gets up really fast and starts apologizing. He goes on and on about being sorry and how sometimes they slip etc etc. Ofcourse she is thoroughly disgusted but still laughing. Eventually he lets her in on the gag.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

Originally posted by Sithy
    so is the "arabian" guy a douche because he asked you a question? or because he's arabian?

are you sure he was ripping you when he asked his question?

i find the "quiltsnatcher" comment appalling....post your racist rubbish elsewhere
    I agree whole-heartedly

How do they let some of these people in the gym?
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

well I think my gym has the most annoying people in it. If you go in during the day it's filled with retarded people, severly retarded people. The slober on the machines, play on them like it's a freak'n jungle gym and yell, bark and growl at other members. IMO, they shouldn't be allowed in there, if I were to do the same things, my sorry ass would be thrown out.
    Height-5' 7"
    Chest-46"
    Biceps-17"
    Waist-28"
    Squat- 360x8 DB Curl- 70x6

I still think the worst people are the ones that don't put the weights back on the rack.

Originally posted by theomen
    well I think my gym has the most annoying people in it. If you go in during the day it's filled with retarded people, severly retarded people. The slober on the machines, play on them like it's a freak'n jungle gym and yell, bark and growl at other members. IMO, they shouldn't be allowed in there, if I were to do the same things, my sorry ass would be thrown out.
    Call it cruel, but I laughed out loud when I read this!

LOL so did i!

Wannabebig Member
    My gym is pretty hardcore. But I hate the grunters. Leave the grunting for the bedroom.

I didn't think my gym had many nut cases but I guess I've been going at the wrong time. I usually get in in the morning but I ended up getting there around 6 PM and it was packed. There was one guy doing hammer curls next to me and he was litterally rocking the weight from a foot behind his back then moaning to get it to his chest. He was wearing these tight ass cloth cut off sweats and running shoes with black socks pulled all the way up. He looked rediculous. I'm sure he was sane, but he's still a nut job in my book.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

I don't much about nut jobs but "rediculous" = ridiculous.

"There used to be this guy who would come into the gym, run around the gym for carido (our gym has no track for this), walk into the ladies dressing room (not sure why), and take a show in his clothes, then come out completely wet. I haven't seen him in a while but it was fun to watch."
    NICE!

Gonnabebig Member JuniorMint6669's Avatar
    Originally posted by seK
    I still think the worst people are the ones that don't put the weights back on the rack.
    Totally agree. I hate searching the gym for my matching dumbbell because there's only one pair and someone decided to take one into the cardio/machine room. Or having to pick up 10 plates off the floor, scattered across the gym, so that I can leg press.

Wannabebig Member

Re: Gym war stories

Originally posted by TheBug
    Every gym has his characters, but this one is probably somewhat more bizarre than most. He's a pretty big guy. He wears shoes that don't match, will go out on the parking lot and run barefooted full speed into a fence and grunt like he's been stuck in the bowels by a Japanese sword.

Today, I was doing some benches beside him. Some guy came up and asked him a question about being whether the music being played helped his workout. The oddball character starts yelling at the top of his voice, "It comes from within! It comes from within! If you need music to help you, then give it up. It comes from within!"

The gym just went silent. (Except for the music.) Man, that was very strange. I always stayed away from this nutcase and I'm glad I did.
    Wish there was some colourful characters like that at my gym.