The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Long Gangly Skinny Arms

hey everyone..how u all been??

neway::

if my arms look really skinny, such as when you look from a front on view, they look like they go straight down; and they are the same size as my wrist (when unflexed)...what should i do first?

1. exercise biceps/triceps more?
    2. eat more food

because i don't know if exercising them is useful if i need to eat more to fatten them up anyway..and waste the muscle

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I don't know why, or if this happens with anyone else.. but i found that hammer curls made my biceps more thick from a front on view..

Just make sur you work your arms hard, no need to goto failure every workout, that is simply not god for your CNS, but work them nice and hard. And Eat if your bulking so you gain 0.5-1lb a week, Building muscle is slow progress.. look at yourself now, and look at your age, then you'll understand that things in our body do not happen overnight

It's only a matter of time KkKk. But yes, you need to continue a healthy diet with regular work outs. Arm work outs are good but don't neglect larger, compound exercises. Your body grows as a whole and pulling heavy weight on deads and various rowing or chin-up movements will greatly increase your arm size. Width in your arms will take some time so don't get discouraged.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

Originally posted by Tim Nissen
    It's only a matter of time KkKk. But yes, you need to continue a healthy diet with regular work outs. Arm work outs are good but don't neglect larger, compound exercises. Your body grows as a whole and pulling heavy weight on deads and various rowing or chin-up movements will greatly increase your arm size. Width in your arms will take some time so don't get discouraged.

let's see your current routine/diet
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

my diet isn't very good....as so is my routine:

Diet:

breakfast: bowl of cereal (special K) + glass of juice

recess: two sandwiches (ricotta + peanut butter/jam)

lunch: two sandwiches (ricotta + peanut butter/jam)

afternoon: icypole lol

dinner: rice with meat (meat = fish, beef...), salad with french
    dressing, potato mash, and misc...

night: glass of chocolate milk + cheese/yoghurt

and the thing is I meat way more that my brother but he's a bit fatter than me.

Routine:

i don't have a set weekly plan..but i skip a day for each workout:

Day1 - 4X30 pushups, 50 situps, 200 jumps, 5X20 dumbbell conenctration curls, 200 wrist exercises, 5X10dumbbell lateral raises, 5X10 bending arms? for triceps....

Day 3 - 4X30 pushups, 50 situps, 200 jumps, 50 dumbbell flys, 4X50 dumbbell bench presses, 5X10dumbbell lateral raises, 200 wrist exercises

Day 5- 4X30 pushups, 50 situps, 200 jumps, + TOTAL GYM ( workout for chest, shoulders, wrist)

Okay.. hmmm, the diet needs a fair amount of work. and so does the split..

Id suggest reading sum stickeys in the diet/nutrition forum, then coem back and ask specific questions.

ANd follow more of a WBB routine...

Do you have gym access KkKk?
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

I recommend you read some of the articles on wannabebig. they are in a popup window above the thread list, in both training and diet.

Wannabebig Member
    NEEDS MORE PROTEIN!

Wannabebig Member
    Protein and diet and all that is good but if your seriouse about this you need to have access to a gym.

if nothing else add some chinups to your routine, since you don't have gym yet. don't you have one at your school that sports teams use or a YMCA or local college gym or something?

Overtrainer.
    Yeah. I'd increase fat, carbs and protein in your diet in the order of 30%, 25% and 20% respectively.

nope..i don't have access to a gym...

but thanx for all your advice!!

i'll try eat more...

anyone have a recommendation for the food that has most:
    protein:
    carbs:
    fat:

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    Recess? How old are you, man?

I highly suggest you eat cold cuts on one sandwich and peanut butter and jam on the other. Ricotta is fine but I dont think it has the protein that turkey breast or roast beef would have, or the fat that you (seemingly) obviously need. Don't be afriad of fat. Fat can be lost later, worry about muscle gain first, above anything else. See about downing a pint of milk during that recess snack as well, as well as with lunch.
    In the morning, trade your juice in for milk. More calories, more protein, more vitamins and ****. Juice is just sugar, for the most part.

what do you think about battered fish fillets? the ones in the freezer and you fry them...are they good source for protein?

also, can you give me ONE food that is highest in:

protein -
    carbs -
    fat -

and to that person who asked how old i was..i'm 15 and go to school..hence the recess.
    Last edited by KkKk; 11-12-2003 at 12:45 PM.

kkk if you dont already, take a protein bar or chicken breast- or steak right after you work out. thats when you need protein most, and try doin the workouts maybe an hour before bed. -then take Vit's B6. magnesium and zinc before bedtime. Those will increase your ___ (testosterone or HGH, I'm forgettin which one) and you will build more muscle, while you sleep. oh and make sure to get alot of sleep after workouts! maybe glutamine if none of that is workin
    6'0 - 176lb
    ~14% bf

Quote Originally Posted by body
    - women eat cream cakes when you are not looking and have chocolate in hiding places. There are no journal articles to refernce this fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinstarke
    I found that while my friends were good at drawing or skating i was good at moving heavy objects.

kkk if you dont already, take a protein bar or chicken breast- or steak right after you work out. thats when you need protein most, and try doin the workouts maybe an hour before bed. -then take Vit's B6. magnesium and zinc before bedtime. Those will increase your ___ (testosterone or HGH, I'm forgettin which one) and you will build more muscle, while you sleep. oh and make sure to get alot of sleep after workouts! maybe glutamine if none of that is workin
    uh, none of that is oging to make a difference if he doesn't have gym access. he just needs to get on a good routine and start eating.

kkkkk try to get a balance of foods. if you need ideas, grocery list thread might help

rum soaked derelict
    dude, how old are you? It is really important to what kind of routine and diet you should be on!

Wannabebig Member
    OceanFit: he is 15.

I dont see why you have to get so technical. It sounds like you dont have much experience with exercise. Hey your 15 its a good time to start. As a biginner, i think you will make alot of progress pretty much no matter what you do as long as you dont hurt yourself.
    Look if you start lifting milk jugs over head, you'll see results.

Since you dont have gym access your a little limited but at this stage thats ok. see if you can get one of those pull-up bars that can be attached to a doorway. dont forget to throw some situps up into your routine. You can also do squats without the weight. There are many variations to all these exercises. Use them all, not at the same time though

and eat eat eat
    not just anything that crosses your path. eat healthy. try to eat about 5-6 times a day. Meat and fish are excellent sources of protein. Tuna for example is great, if you want a little more fat go with salmon. Variation is important in training and diet. A multi-vitamin couldent hurt. I think thats the only supplement i would start with.

Good luck!