Thread: Carb Cycling, Still take ECA?

Carb Cycling, Still take ECA?

Hey, referring to This Article would it still be beneficial to take an eca stack while doing the high carb days? or only take it on the low/no carb days?

Wannabebig Member
    Previously I took EC (no A here) chronically 3 times/day for weeks on end.. but I realized it wasn't giving me an energetic boost anymore and I also read that it only increases metabolism a lil' bit. So the energetic part became more important to me.
    Which is why I go off in the weekend (Sat-Sun) and sleep in.
    The effect was amazing: 1 tab E & C did the trick and actually I think to even cut down to 1/2 a tab for Mon-Tues , 1 tab on Wed-Thurs and 1,5-2 tabs on Fri...

Espi

Taking the stack on high carb days is partially defeating the purpose of the high carb day which is to replenish the muscles of glycogen. At your weight there is probably minimal to no benefit of taking aspirin.

k, thanx guys.. Esperantistino what kind of diet are you doing?

Wannabebig Member
    Have been low-carbing for a long time now and shed about 15 kg with that schedule.
    However, beyond the initial 8 kg I never succeeded in slimming at home.. it was always when travelling and undereating and overexercising (mostly a cycling trip) that I lost considerable amts of weights.. i did suceed mostly in keeping it off.

So, I switched recently back to weighing everything I ate in order to curb my intake.. 3 days ago, I finally completed my schedule.

It's gonna be a carb cycling program with a weekly average of 1800kcal (200 below maintenance?) and isocaloric too.
    low-carb (15%) on nontraining days
    isocaloric on the 3 workout days
    hypercaloric/high carb (70%) and low fat (10%) on Saturday
    all days: 150 grams of protein = 3g/kg of lean body mass..

Still haven't finished reading the UD 2.0 book. But I've tried CKD before which didn't work well as I did too much cardio.. the 33% day is more like TKD and works better.
    Don't know whether I should eat that many carbs on Sat, as I may be suffering from pre-diabetes.. still, I'm sticking to it for the time being.. but no more than 1 day... I went overboard a few weeks ago and gained 5 kg in just 1 weekend of bingeing.. 4 went off in 4 days but 1 kg was additionalf at that is still sitting on mybody.. I'm a gifted endomorph I guess.

Espi