Thread: twitching eye

twitching eye

My left eye has been twitiching for most of the day and I was wondering what could be the cause of such a long twitch?

Anyone?

I've had this problem several times before. Usually it's something to do with being tired, or being under a lot of stress. It shouldn't last too long. Check out this link for more information: http://www.healthandage.com/Home/gm=7!gid7=27
    Last edited by JetGirl; 11-09-2003 at 07:08 PM.

Stress, eye strain, and general fatigue. Don't sweat it, but try to get more sleep if you can

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    The two replies are right on the mark, stress and lack of sleep are the most common factors. I had it before, it comes up when I'm under extreme stress.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

I dont think is the lack of sleep....I just woke up and the damn twitiching is still bothering me....

What else could I do to stop this?

could be bells palsy like I have. When I was in kindergarten I was wrestling with my brother and I feel on karosene heater and chared the left side of my face, thankfully I didn't get any scares, but half of it is paralyzed. My left eye twitches all the time, and when I smile I only have a half a smile most of the time cause of the nerve damage.
    Proud WBBSA member!

"look good for yourself, not anybody else"

"Good Boys, Never Win, Good Boys, Always Follow, Good Boys, Never Win, They All Fall Away, And You Remain"- Blondie

Selfproclaimed Fancy Pants wibble's Avatar
    Its probably nothing. I had a weird forehead twitch a couple weeks ago. First time that ever happened, usually when I get it its an eye or nose twitch. Anyway I was watching tv late at night and it just started happening. I even had it when I woke up the next morning and it lasted through part of the day. Then it just magically disappeared and I was teh wibble again!
    Last edited by wibble; 11-10-2003 at 09:42 AM.

The Chicken Mr'ga
    my eye twitches if i spend too long infront of the computer.. too long asin, 5 hours too long though..
    For every $1 you donate to the "buy Lude more weight plates foundation", you will help add 1kg to my 1RM.

<spam> Journal </spam>

Current Stats: 85kg @ 13.6%
    Goal: 87-88kg @ 8-9%
    Goal Due Date: 1/12/05

Hmm, Sometimes if I'm really tired or in carb depletion my eyes will start fluttering when im driving. I noticed it never happened when I simply take a day off weights and do my 5mi pwalk. Was thinking it could be the stress of pushing up the weights n straining, etc. Could also be coincidence for all I know. Ive been getting sorta crap sleep lately
    AUIU
    <=Real Sword, Fake Glow.
    ---
    Research that s*** up son. <me
    ---
    Gyno Rhino: "I think your cyber-game just sucks."
    ---
    Brawl: "Fill it with rocks , walk up to the sales dude and hit him in the face with it . When he falls down kick him in the neck and say " this stuff is junk "."

Brawl: "Or grab a bottle bust it on the table and stab him in his neck"

Gonadius Maximus
    Sounds like withdrawal symptoms to me.

Let me ask you guys something. Sorry for the hijack::: I noticed if I look really closely under my right eye....I can see a vein pulsating in there. Is that freaking normal?1?
    Something has been taken from deep inside of me
    The secret I’ve kept locked away no one can ever see
    Wounds so deep they never show they never go away
    Like moving pictures in my head for years and years they’ve played

Are you near or farsighted? If you notice yourself having difficulty seeing things far away or reading at normal distances, try going to an eye doc. You might be squinting and not even realizing it, and that could be causing you some eye strain. If you have corrective lenses, are they of the correct strength (not too strong, not too weak)? If you wear contacts, do you change them often enough? Are you in the sun a lot? etc etc etc...
    ---
    The pattern of blood vessels in people's eyes are completely distinctive. It's really caught on in sci fi movies and games that retinal scans are used for identification and security instead of fingerprints. It's probably nothing to worry about, but if it's really bothering you, see a doctor. In any case I'm sure one of the several MD's we have on the board here will be able to help you out way more than I can.

He's talking about a vessel in the eyelid area. You're talking about vessels in the back of the eye. Eye strain and the need for corrective lenses don't have anything to do with either.

Originally posted by powerhalf
    Stress, eye strain, and general fatigue. Don't sweat it, but try to get more sleep if you can
    Exactly. I've had this many times before, and I have a feeling it is gonna start again here in just a day or two. 4 hrs sleep last night, probably 4-5 tonight, and 2 all nighters staring me in the face to round out the week. Damn school is killing me.
    Vincere aut mori

"The best inspiration is not to outdo others, but to outdo ourselves."

"From the inside looking out, you can't explain it; from the outside looking in, you can't understand it."

Wannabebig Member
    in asia there is a concept about hot and cold foods.

what you are experiencing is a result of eating too many "hot" foods, such as spicy things. tomato sauce things, and generally those things that have the tendancy to inflame.

going in accordance with this concept.
    what i would suggest is eating some "cold" foods like melons, and fruits, and seafood. lay off that "hot" food.

i don't know how much credence to give to this asian philosophy, but its worth a shot.

it works for me anyways.
    stats: asian / male / 6' 1" / 183 lbs (supposed to be cutting)
    lifts: bench 185x5x4, dl 245x7x4, squat 195x7x4 (don't laugh)

What's the chance your tic was going to go away at that time anyway, and it coincidentally happened at the time you tried eating these "cold" foods?