Thread: Biceps

Anavar eating mofo

Biceps

Would it be ok to train biceps twice a week? They are the most underdeveloped muscle in my body. (I think) Heres my training split:

day 1: chest
    day 2: rest
    day 3: legs
    day 4: rest
    day 5: back/biceps
    day 6: shoulders/triceps
    day 7: rest

I was thinking of just doing biceps only on day 2, and then training them again on day 5 with back. Would that be overtraining them? I need to plant some fertilizer on these babies cause there just pathetic.

BIG BOI
    what do u do for them now?

Most likely, but you might want to train triceps twice a week also, so your biceps don't get too big for your triceps. Also make sure you don't overtrain, then they won't grow anyway.

Anavar eating mofo
    Bicep routine:
    bb curls: 3 x 10
    db curls: 3 x 10
    preacher curls: 3 x 10

How do I know if I'm overtraining my biceps if I do precede to do this? Physical signs?

Heathj~ My triceps get a good enough workout twice a week from my chest day and my shoulder/tricep day.

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    to many standard curl sets, if you work them with back, you should only be doing a couple sets of curls, and maybe 1 or 2 of hammers or whatever you like, in this case preachers.

clueless wonder
    Originally posted by Accipiter
    to many standard curl sets, if you work them with back, you should only be doing a couple sets of curls, and maybe 1 or 2 of hammers or whatever you like, in this case preachers.
    Yup... exactly what I do... 2x8 hammer curls after I've finished with my back

I usually do :

Standing BB curl 5*4
    Preacher Curl 5*4
    Hammer 4-5*3

With max weight all the set. It works miracles for me....

Whoa. That's a lot of curls.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

One or two sets at the end of a back workout is all I do.

Can anyone else never be arsed to do bicheps?

After back and delts i just wanna go home and eat so i do like 2 sets of curls if that...

Training bicheps is the most boring bodypart to train...
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

clueless wonder
    Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
    Can anyone else never be arsed to do bicheps?

After back and delts i just wanna go home and eat so i do like 2 sets of curls if that...

Training bicheps is the most boring bodypart to train...
    yeah. I agree with CD . Curls went from being the only exercise I did(back when I was younger and didn't know any better) to the exercise that I don't want to do after my back workout since it was getting btwn me and my post-workout shake. My biceps feel like they're pretty stimulated afterwards anyways. They're a smaller muscle than the back, so the indirect work I did should be sufficient for growth.

You got to train your biceps on one day and your back on another day. That way you can put in 100% effort when training biceps. I usually train :

Sunday : legs
    Monday :biceps
    Tuesday : Tricep + chest (bench)
    Wednesday : Back
    Thursday: rest
    Friday rest
    Saturday : Triceps + chest (becnh)

You are already training biceps on back day...100% is bs...after i'm done back i go through db preachers and VERY light weight hammer curls...yeah i can't do a lot of weight after back because they've already been worked on...i dunno why ppl focus so much on biceps...you could never train biceps on their own and have huge mofo arms...

Proteen right now you are working triceps on day 6 with rest on day 7 then back to chest on day 1. You only have one rest day between triceps and chest. This could hurt your chest workout significantly since your tris may still be recovering. If you insist on working triceps twice in your cycle try to spread them out a bit more...or do arms all on one day...although i have switched to a push/pull/legs split which I feel is the best way to go as it allows me to get more than enough recovery time between splits. Remember lift all you want but if you don't rest you'll have jack squat for results...
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Those twice a week benchers.. One day for legs, one for back, seventeen for bench. *laugh*
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

17 year old loser
    Dude you will NOT overtrain. My biceps were my worst part. I started doing them twice a week. Monday Back, traps, biceps, Tuesday Chest, triceps, shoulders, Thursday, Shoulders, Traps Friday Legs and arms

Try this biceps superset. Start with preacher curls with a barbell. Warmup, then proceed with your first set to failure. Immediately after you fail, stand up and walk around to the front of the apparatus. Grab the bar and proceed with standing curls to failure. Have a partner then help you to do 2 forced reps followed by a slow negative after the 2nd forced rep. Perform this twice and I guaranty you that your biceps will grow. Do not perform this routine any more frequently than your normal biceps routine.

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    How about this- do it like I do it- do back and biceps on teh same day. Do your back like you've never done back before. Perfect form, every muscle tense. When you are done with back, do your biceps not feel pumped, perhaps somewhat fatigued? When I do biceps, I do it after back, and by that thime they feel pretty pumped. I do 3 pyramid sets of standing hammer curls, then three sets of ez curls.
    set 1- 10-12 reps
    set 2- 8-9 reps
    set 3- 6 reps

by that time my biceps feel like I cant even lift the protein to my mouth. I'm not kidding. Once I just threw the blender caraffe to the floor and mopped it up with my tongue because my biceps were so trashed. You are probably overworking your biceps, maybe doing them twice a week will only staunch their growth even further.

Wannabebig Member
    I personally use the following split:-
    MON-chest
    TUES-back
    WED-legs
    THURS-shoulders and traps
    FRI-arms
    **train every bodypart hard and remember to keep a training and diet log.Analyze what you eat for recovery and post workoutmeals and remember to take in adequate amounts of protein everyday.Remember some bodyparts take longer to grow than others.
    Be the best you can be.