Thread: cardio?

Wannabebig Member

cardio?

My football season is going to end soon and i want to begin lifting right after. I plan to lift to get stronger and i wonder if doing cardio will have ne affect on my strength like will it slow down gains and such.
    In Great Attempts It Is Glorious Even To Fail..

If you want to gain strength/muscle mass, then don't bother w/ the cardio. Just eat & lift.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Grasshoppa
    Some people do cardio for general health benefits. If you want to do cardio, up your calorie intake to compensate.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Do cardio on a bulk, i believe that it will help limit the fat gain a little bit, plus its good for general health. if you workout 4 days a week, do cardio @ med intensity for 40 mins or so 2 off days, and leave 1 day totally off. IMO. There is a thread going on about cardio here sumwhere, "ways to limit fat gain on a bulk" is the name of it i think, something along those lines anyway.