The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Cyndi Lauper....At Last

If there is anyone on here that likes Cyndi Lauper or torch songs than you'll love this one.

Her new Cd At Last was released yesterday, and what an amazing cd it is.
    Cyndi has done her own interpretations of songs she loved growing up. Her voice is just absolutley amazing on this disc. I will however warn everyone that it is a very mellow album, but well worth the buy.

The cd marks her return to Sony Muisc, who in the past basically screwed her by lack of promotion and such. But after seeing her on tour with Cher this past year the crowd was very into her music old and new, they saw there mistake.

Here's the track list for the cd.....

1. At Last (an Etta James cover)
    2. Walk On By (Dionne Warwick cover)
    3. Stay
    4. La Vie En Rose
    5. Unchained Melody (Righteous Brothers cover)
    6. If You Go Away
    7. Until You Comeback To Me (Stevie Wonder cover who also plays harmonica on the track)
    8. My Baby Just Cares For Me
    9. Makin' Whoopee (Duet with Tony Bennet)
    10. Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood
    11. You've Really Got A Hold On Me
    12. Hymn To Love
    13. On The Sunny Side Of The Street

I don't know who all the original artists are but Cyndi did a great job of making these tunes her own. Her cover of Unchained Melody is one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard.

I know most of you on here aren't into this kind of music but I had to do my part as a fan of hers and let people know
    Proud WBBSA member!

"look good for yourself, not anybody else"

"Good Boys, Never Win, Good Boys, Always Follow, Good Boys, Never Win, They All Fall Away, And You Remain"- Blondie

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

LOL

I would fall under the not a fan of Cyndi Lauper group. Honestly every time she comes up on my tv in a Dr. Pepper commercial I feel physically ill. I would like for her to just go away.
    Old Journal

" I'd give up a pinky or a toe or something I don't need those"
    -PwrMajt:

"Remember, as long as you don't kick them in the head or use a weapon, it's only a misdemeanor." -JustinASU

I nominate this thread for the Tim Nissen Award! -El P

I heard her rendition of last. She is a an amazing singer with superb interpretation. It's just hard to get over her 80's persona.
    August 1, 2006 240lbs
    August 25, 2006 276lbs
    September 1, 2006 286lbs
    December 25, 2006 328lbs

TRYING TO BUILD A MONSTER

Come on, SH, girls just wanna have fun. Give her some fun.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

girls just wanna have song is a song that makes me feel happy
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

Cyndi doesn't even really like the song "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" she only still sings it at shows for her fans because they expect it. What I find funny is that is song she is remembered for and it wasn't even a number one song. Her first number one was Time After Time, which is one of the most covered and downloaded songs today.
    Proud WBBSA member!

"Good Boys, Never Win, Good Boys, Always Follow, Good Boys, Never Win, They All Fall Away, And You Remain"- Blondie

Originally posted by AtomicXY
    Cyndi doesn't even really like the song "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" she only still sings it at shows for her fans because they expect it. What I find funny is that is song she is remembered for and it wasn't even a number one song. Her first number one was Time After Time, which is one of the most covered and downloaded songs today.
    Are you in the fanclub?
    Old Journal

" I'd give up a pinky or a toe or something I don't need those"
    -PwrMajt:

"Remember, as long as you don't kick them in the head or use a weapon, it's only a misdemeanor." -JustinASU

I nominate this thread for the Tim Nissen Award! -El P

but its nice, specially if some upper class girls would play out a pillow fight and I would be intbetween and,ahhh man..
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

Originally posted by SquareHead

Are you in the fanclub?
    No not in her fanclub, I've just been a fan of hers for 19 years, since I was 6.
    Proud WBBSA member!

"Time after time" was one of her best, but "Girls just wanna have fun" fit the comment better. Thanks for the update.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Interesting something to check out. I don't watch television so wasn't aware of her doing commercials. I liked her old songs from the 80's, and I still have a few of her songs now, she's a great artist imo. Originally didn't she run away from home and somehow became famous?

Speaking of 80's bands, whatever happened to depeche mode, they rocked. Would be cool if they made a powerful comeback.
    Last edited by Dedicated; 11-19-2003 at 02:03 PM.

I agree she is a remarkable female vocalists
    her 80's image takes away from the awesome talent she has

I was just reading some reviews on this album on cd now.com
    I think I'm gonna go make a purchase after the gym today, I'm thinking this album and the Essentials, as over the years I've worn down my other discs of hers

“Until You Come Back to Me” (Aretha Franklin cover)
    “Stay.” (Maurice Williams cover) is a duet with Sheila E. Jones
    La Vie en Rose (Edith Piaf cover)
    If You Go Away (Acker Bilk cover)
    My Baby Just Cares For Me (Nina Simone cover)
    Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood (animals cover)
    You've Really Got A Hold On Me (Miracles or Smokey Robinson cover)
    Walk on Bye is actually a Burt Bacharach/Hal David song that warwick covered I think?
    "Hymn to love" I think might be another Edith Piaf cover?
    "On The Sunny Side Of The Street" (Dorothy Fields cover)

I have to much free time on my hands
    Last edited by geoffgarcia; 11-21-2003 at 04:15 PM.

My favorite albums of hers are A Night To Remember and Sisters of Avalon, love them all. I'm on my 10th copy of She's so unusual, went through 8 tapes and 2 cd's of it lol. I've had to buy all her albums more than once. I can't wait for her next cd of all her new material.
    Proud WBBSA member!

Until You Come Back To Me is a Stevie Wonder song, I had no Idea Aretha covered it to, i'll have to check that on out.
    Proud WBBSA member!