Thread: Wrist pain (only 1 wrist)

Wrist pain (only 1 wrist)

My left wrist hurts when i rotate it too far left or right. It's the tendon that's connected to the "knot" of the wrist.

It hurts when I rotate it too far either way and when I do curls/skullcrushers/close-grips.

Should I lay off these movements for a while? Is this a common problem?

thanks
    Stats
    BF: 13.2% (6-10-07 w/ calipers)

Lifts
    Bench: 300x1 (9-22-06)
    Squat: 285x4
    Deadlift: 225x10

Long-term Goals
    Weight: 180 BF: 8% Bench: 315x1

Wannabebig Member
    I have this problem too. When i do any barbell/dumbbell exercises with the wrist facing the sky after the particular set my left wirst very pain dont know why? Even i support my friend in his bench my wrist also hurts. SOmething is ****ing wrong here...

How long have you had the problem? You may need to rest it for awhile or at least avoid exercises that put the most stress on it for a while. Another thing you could do is try to find a stiff wrap to put around your wrists to support it when it bends.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

Stop spanking off so much.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Originally posted by Tim Nissen
    How long have you had the problem? You may need to rest it for awhile or at least avoid exercises that put the most stress on it for a while. Another thing you could do is try to find a stiff wrap to put around your wrists to support it when it bends.
    I just noticed it yesterday when doing tris/bis. The day before that, I did squats and I *MIGHT* have hurt it doing those. On my final rep, I struggled to finish the lift and was forced to lean forward and push the bar up a little bit with my hands. If this is the cause, how long should it take to heal?
    Stats
    BF: 13.2% (6-10-07 w/ calipers)

Lifts
    Bench: 300x1 (9-22-06)
    Squat: 285x4
    Deadlift: 225x10

Long-term Goals
    Weight: 180 BF: 8% Bench: 315x1

It could be any number of things, I had a similar issue. My best advice to you is to wrap it loosely before every workout, and obviously don't do the motions that hurt it. If it's just a sprain, it should go away after a few weeks... if it's something worse, get it scoped. A messed up wrist will ruin all your lifting, trust me. You can't do a damn thing if you can't grab a bar.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

I agree with B. If you just hurt it it may only be a sprain and wrapping it will give you a little support. If it persists I'd see a doctor.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

Wannabebig Member
    whose spanking?