The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shootermcgavin7
    Wait........and you are here because?

Oh, by the way: interesting marketing strategy. Most businesses attempt to keep the word "Crap" AWAY from their product/service.

Christ guy, interesting marketing theory is posting your whole program, minus a personalized version for FREE! AND AND AND answering questions from people to HELP them, again FOR FREE!!

Banned
    doggcrapp --

i just wanted to let you know that i've been trying your workout method for the past month or so.. and i like it so far.

you get a lot of criticism here, so i just thought i'd chime in with a little support. thanks for the great tips.

Interesting thread.

First of all as Borris said by all means discuss DG’s training methods but refrain from using insults. That goes for you too also DG, I have seen insults come flying from you quick to defend your ways.

I have just read the post from start to beginning.

Firstly I agree about the spelling and grammar. Lots and lots of mistakes, might be worth cleaning the piece up if you want to attract clients, or for that matter want people to take your view seriously.

I am quite intrigued by your methods actually. In fact I think about March time I will experiment with your routine. One thing your post hit home with me is I am not very open to trying new methods. I believe in most of your principles (get strong, concentrate on core exercises, very intense sets, low volume etc) Training twice every 8 days is interesting as is the stretching part. Either way I am going to introduce stretching into my routine more so from today.

I would also be quite interested to hear the views of Chris, Matt, Paul etc on your methods.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? – My Training Journal

Well, I'm pretty much with Borris.

I rarely ever use any program exactly as given....but I do like his approach. High frequency, progressive overload, high rate of work (the rest-pause), and loaded stretching and isometrics, while still accounting for recovery.

If I were interested in size, I'd do something along the same lines. I think what he's outlined is a solid program.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

The other thing that is drawing me to this routine is the 3 days per week split which I have been debating about returning to.

My weights gym is closed until Friday so I will just be doing cardio. Got some stuff to ponder on
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? – My Training Journal

Wannabebig Member
    I think shootermcgavin is finally coming around and getting it....

1)My screenname is Doggcrapp--do you think your going to find that in a book or infomercial soon? Why is it Doggcrapp? Because I really dont care about promotion or marketing as my objective is I like to challenge myself---and I do that by getting someone dramatically larger who previously thought he couldnt get there.

2)This whole thing started on Animals board when their were 50 members and I thought--"well i'll just leave a post on here about some of my methods and maybe a couple of these guys out of 50 will prosper with them"---I didnt think anything about punctuation or spelling because I type fast--IT WAS A MESSAGE BOARD. I wasnt trying to write an article---And the poster was an anomynous guy(me) named Doggcrapp.

3)Heres some marketing for you shooter--let me know if you think the following will get me any clients. I could care less if I ever train one more guy again online. Local guys come up to me in the gym and ask for my help so Ill always help those guys no problem. But I dont want anyone on this board ever contacting me for my personal training help ok? Ever. I left a 105 page thread with 165 thousand views for people to look at here...http://www.animalkits.be/phpBB/viewt...&forum=11&1571 It started out as my retort to bodybuilders on that board who were looking for rare exotic compounds and taking big chances to acquire them and then it went on from there to pretty much everything but details in my diet strategies over the last 2 years. Its all there. If your interested in my methods or your stuck and want to try something new its all there FOR FREE. You dont ever need to contact me for personal help. Free. One more time for Shooter--free. Im not that great of a marketer am I shooter? Oh yeah if you have any questions on my methods leave it on that post and Ill do my best to answer it if I can --oh yeah thats for free too. With the new year days away I hope all you guys reading this get the most in gains over the next year, regardless of what methods you use.

There may be hope yet. JustinASU's Avatar
    Silently Slipping into the dark abyss of Insanity
    Quote Originally Posted by DOGGCRAPP
    I think shootermcgavin is finally coming around and getting it....

1)My screenname is Doggcrapp--do you think your going to find that in a book or infomercial soon? Why is it Doggcrapp? Because I really dont care about promotion or marketing as my objective is I like to challenge myself---and I do that by getting someone dramatically larger who previously thought he couldnt get there.

2)This whole thing started on Animals board when their were 50 members and I thought--"well i'll just leave a post on here about some of my methods and maybe a couple of these guys out of 50 will prosper with them"---I didnt think anything about punctuation or spelling because I type fast--IT WAS A MESSAGE BOARD. I wasnt trying to write an article---And the poster was an anomynous guy(me) named Doggcrapp.

3)Heres some marketing for you shooter--let me know if you think the following will get me any clients. I could care less if I ever train one more guy again online. Local guys come up to me in the gym and ask for my help so Ill always help those guys no problem. But I dont want anyone on this board ever contacting me for my personal training help ok? Ever. I left a 105 page thread with 165 thousand views for people to look at here...http://www.animalkits.be/phpBB/viewt...&forum=11&1571 It started out as my retort to bodybuilders on that board who were looking for rare exotic compounds and taking big chances to acquire them and then it went on from there to pretty much everything but details in my diet strategies over the last 2 years. Its all there. If your interested in my methods or your stuck and want to try something new its all there FOR FREE. You dont ever need to contact me for personal help. Free. One more time for Shooter--free. Im not that great of a marketer am I shooter? Oh yeah if you have any questions on my methods leave it on that post and Ill do my best to answer it if I can --oh yeah thats for free too. With the new year days away I hope all you guys reading this get the most in gains over the next year, regardless of what methods you use.
    In DC's defense I do think a lot of the members that responded to this post are ignorant. I actually went out and did some research on DC training and I'm sold. DC here is pushing some solid techniques and he has a point: He's giving it to you for free, so please stop accusing him of marketing his methods. This isn't marketing, it's just an attempt to help some people out.
    Last edited by JustinASU; 12-29-2003 at 01:55 PM.
    Credulous at best
    Your desire to believe in
    Angels in the hearts of men.
    But pull your head on out of your hippie haze
    And give a listen
    Shouldn't have to say it all again

Wannabebig Member
    Boris::I know you dodge fat and carbs in the same feeding, a la Berardi, as I tend to as well. I can come up with reasons why it doesn't matter, but I seem to respond better when I do so I'm not going to argue with what works for me.

Doggcrapp:: yes I know what your thinking about in certain nonspike situations and the slow digestion factor of fats which could prove out to be beneficial with combining.

Boris::Anyway, I've seen some of the sample diets proposed by people following your style (not your trainees, mind you), who say that they're following your guidelines but I'll see meals involving things like a cup of oats and two tablespoons of olive oil in addition to whatever protein.
    Are they simply not getting it? Or am I missing a point?

Doggcrapp:: yea they arent getting it. But I refrain from stating my opinions to them as I dont know their age. Ive found that young guys 18-26 or so can get away with combining fats and carbs usually as their main problem is gaining weight anyway. Not saying thats the best way to go but heck Ive been in situations before where Ive gotten so frustrated with a trainee having trouble gaining weight that we finally had him eating a half gallon to a gallon of ice cream a day (he loved ice cream) ----to finally get us over the hump. The guy was black with great genetics and remained incredibly hard and lean with minimal bodyfat thru that--it was pretty amazing. But I brought him up from 190lbs to 222lbs and then he got stuck and nothing I tried doing with him worked. So I finally got to the point of "ok what do you love to eat?" Lets boatload it. It worked-he gained another 43lbs and still had striations everywhere. I wouldnt suggest anyone copy that method anytime soon-lol
    Im an extreme ectomorph who went the combining route for many years with no consequence at all. But Im like you, I have to separate fats and carbs now (with my protein intake) as Im in my 30's now and have seen a pretty dramatic change on how my body processes food. With older bodybuilders I usually always have to separate fats and carbs with them to keep them lean while they get larger. I have 2 over 45 bodybuilders I train who I cant let have any large amounts of carbs all day long except post workout or they start blowing up with fat stores. And we've tried it a couple times and it just doesn't work well for them. So its high protein, good fats and post workout carbs for them. I do (personally) allow for all fats found in meats and eggs etc to stay in a protein carb meal as when a diet gets too strict or meticulous, people start craving things and fall off the wagon so to speak. I would love to see how you've set up your diet out of curiousity and also what age you are.
    Last edited by DOGGCRAPP; 12-29-2003 at 02:11 PM.

Do that voodoo that he do
    LOL I remember reading about the ice cream. I've used similar things with some of my clients. I'm a firm believer in what works, not what's conventional.

Thanks for the reply. Here's something I sketched together pretty quickly, but it follows the principles I set out. I was shooting for around 4000 calories. I'm 23, by the way.

M1:
    1 cup dry oats
    24oz skim milk
    1 scoop whey

M2:
    1 large apple
    1 cup dry oats
    2 cans tuna

M3 (post-workout)
    3 scoops whey
    50g dextrose

M4
    8oz lean ground beef
    3oz Velveeta
    2 cups raw spinach
    6 fish oil caps

M5
    12oz chicken breast
    1tbsp olive oil

M6
    1 lb 4% cottage cheese
    2 tbsp olive oil
    6 fish oil caps

Totals, a la Fitday

Cals: 4004
    gFat: 147
    gCarbs: 294
    gProtein: 377

I'd have actually liked ~400g of protein and 200-250g of carbs, but this is close for off the top of my head. If I were to fully use it I'd dial the plan in some more. I'm 230-235 pounds, ~15% body fat (a genetic endomorph/fat ass, in other words), and I'm riding the fence between powerlifting and bodybuilding, in addition to doing MMA and playing rugby.
    Be a man. Be awesome at it. Be proud of it. Beyond the Barbell

"Borris is correct. That sounds logical if you ask me."
    -galileo

Wannabebig Member
    Looks great. Glad to know someone else out there likes spinach like I do-lol. What brand/kind of fish oil caps are you using?

Thanks, yeah, I'm a huge fan of the spinach.

Basically I run carbs up until my workout, then post-workout. After that I cut off the carbs (mostly) for the day. I also tend to eat for what I'll be doing before my next meal. If I'm not active, it'll be a protein and fat meal, if I'm to be active, then it will be carbs and protein.

I'm a poor college kid, so I use Member's Mark Omega-3 fish oil caps from Sam's Club.

Per cap: EPA 180mg, DHA 120mg.

-galileo

Quote Originally Posted by DOGGCRAPP
    With older bodybuilders I usually always have to separate fats and carbs with them to keep them lean while they get larger. I have 2 over 45 bodybuilders I train who I cant let have any large amounts of carbs all day long except post workout or they start blowing up with fat stores. And we've tried it a couple times and it just doesn't work well for them. So its high protein, good fats and post workout carbs for them.
    Interesting, someone who dials in the age of people to the nutritional requirements. Do you find you need to adjust the routine/exercises aspect to their age, experience and starting age? Just curious since I got the bug later in life (43) and have been training for 3 years.

Overall, the article is very intriguing.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

bone crusher
    yeah i like your post DC, I think this program could be especially useful for older BBers who cant recover as fast

If you take a weightlifter with good genes and combine that with intense training and drug use, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM will make good progress.

I was just visiting with 2 of my friends who have only resumed training in the last several months. One has been training for 8 months (training again after a several year layoff) and he weighs 300 lbs at ~6' in height. He is using steroids in relatively small doses. The other weighs 260+ at ~6' and he is completely natural (after only resuming training for about 2 months).

My point is that it is not really about this training program or that, it is more about good genes.

Heck, put me on a little stuff and I would be 250 in no time (225 ish now).

Now, that doesn't mean Dogcrapp training isn't good, I am sure it is, but what it means is that when someone tells me they get guys huge using steroids I can't get too excited about the claim. The absolutely should get guys huge using steroids (assuming decent genes).
    Last edited by chris mason; 12-31-2003 at 09:06 AM.

I just took the time to read through most of the routine and I must say it looks pretty darn good to me.

I agree with most of what Mr. Crapp has to say. I would encourgage anyone interested in making progress to give it a whirl.

lol at mr crapp.

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason
    I just took the time to read through most of the routine and I must say it looks pretty darn good to me.
    I hear you. I've never, EVER seen anybody take more sh*t for helping people out for free. The guy doesn't have some "dangle-the-carrott" website, or anything.

His numbers make you scratch your head.....yes....but he openly admits some/many of his trainees are on gear. His practices, if broken down into components, aren't really "new", per se. They're just really good techniques combined into a very effective concoction.

The guy deserved a thorough and complete examination, not a d*mn beheading on the internet's best bodybuilding site.

What's amazing is that as of late, there are considerably more outrageous statements being laid out for the newbies to read, and none of the regulars are sniping back.

Weird..........

Well, from reading his stuff you can tell he was heavily influenced by Jones and Mentzer's ideas. He was also influenced by John Parillo quite heavily.

For me, I like everything about his routine with the exception of the Parillo stuff (extreme stretching and eating).

Quote Originally Posted by shootermcgavin7
    You've sadly misunderstood my posts. Originally they were for fun; then obviously I questioned your marketing strategy.

My only question, why did you mention that you never wanted contact with anyone on the boards and then drop URLs? Not just that post, but earlier ones as well.

Just a question, I'm not attacking you personally.
    Did you goto that URL? Tell you what, go read the entire thread and then comment on what he has said.

What do you mean by extreme strectching?
    Asshole.

Wannabebig Member
    WOW...I'm new to this board and this was some debate...I've also tried the DOGGCRAPP training method a few years back. I didn't put on as much size with the DC training method as I would have thought but I did gains some strength. Unfortuantely I also hurt a tricep tendon with the rest-pause training and will never do it again. That said, I have a ton of repsect for Dante Trudle because he's so passionate about bodybuilding. Another trainee ripped his rotator cuff doing a DC rest-paused set USING over-head presses, so it's certainly not for everyone.

About a year ago I discovered a superior training system that's being kept quite by a few of the professional bodybuilders and I plan on sticking with it indefintley.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG NASTY BOY View Post
    About a year ago I discovered a superior training system that's being kept quite by a few of the professional bodybuilders and I plan on sticking with it indefintley.
    Mmmmmmm Spam!

This was a great thread. It's now three years later, I know a lot more and have a few more letters after my name and...

I still consider Dante's ideas to be among the best possible for hypertrophy. I also agree in that he's done an amazing amount of work to help bodybuilding. He is seeing some financial reward now, but realistically he put a lot of dues in for free.

And if BIG NASTY is here to spam, we'll have him out in a hot minute.

-galileo

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Borris View Post
    This was a great thread. It's now three years later, I know a lot more and have a few more letters after my name and...

I still consider Dante's ideas to be among the best possible for hypertrophy. I also agree in that he's done an amazing amount of work to help bodybuilding. He is seeing some financial reward now, but realistically he put a lot of dues in for free.

And if BIG NASTY is here to spam, we'll have him out in a hot minute.
    I am not a spammer. Again, I respect DC and think he's a very sincere individual. He's also very entertaining.

Banned
    I have never heard of it. dont try it