The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

P/C/F requirements

I am 155lbs, 5'9" , 29 years old. I would like to add about 10 to 15 lbs of muscle with the same or less body fat % I am currently at. What should my P/C/F be for day and how many calories? I know this is potentially a flaming newb question , but please be nice Your suggestions are welcomed. I have been working out for 3 months and dieting using only the foods found on the WBB sticky.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig Member
    Get a tape measure, measure yourself. Raise your cals by 500, of which 40% protein, 40- 50% carbs, and 20 -10 % fats. Eat six times a day, and train hard. Try to keep your daily calories constant.

Weigh yourself after 4 weeks, and measure. Seen an increase? If yes, carry on. If not, raise your cals, and carry on.

Weigh yourself after 8 weeks, and measure. Seen an increase? If yes, carry on. If not, raise your cals, and carry on.

when the fat starts to pile on, or when you've had enough, cut back to maintainace cals for the weight you want to be at.

For reference, my maintance cals are c. 3000, and i'm currently bulking on 3,500

I don't believe there's anything magical about the ratios.

This is how I diet, bulking or cutting. The only difference is hypo- vs hyper-caloric.

Set protein at about 1-1.5g/lb

Divide into 6 meals

All meals are protein with vegetable. Starchy carbs are added to the meals near lifting (the one before, and the two or three after). Fats (but no starchy carbs) are added to all other meals.

I'm cutting right now, so the cals are below maintenance.

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...93&postcount=8

Quote Originally Posted by Will.S
    of which 40% protein, 40- 50% carbs, and 20 -10 % fats.
    I disagree. At least 20% of calories should come from (healthy) fat in order to maintain proper hormone (e.g. testosterone) production.

I'm with Built, As long as you get at least 1g/lb of bodyweight in protein and 20% of calories from fat then the exact ratios do not matter. Personally I would make up the rest from complex carbohydrates but you may prefer protein and/or fats for satiety or in the latter case because they are calorie dense.

thanks for the info. I figured I was getting maybe 125-150/125-150/10(or less) and maybe about 1700 cals a day. I was looking at a regimen that said to consume about 2500 cals/ daily and basically double the P/C/F numbers I had. I tried it for a little while ( a few days ) but I didn't feel good. The protein drinks they were calling for were 66g protein 3x a day. That was an entire blender full.
    Plus I thought the body could only use X amount of protein at 1 time.