The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Sets For Walking Lunges

I've never done walking lunges but I'm hearing all kinds of good things about them. How do you count your reps?? Do you consider one step with both legs one rep and do a certain number. Or do you have a certain distance at your gym/home that you walk and count as a set. Thanks.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I do a width of my garden which is 20 reps, 10 steps on each leg.

Every 4 weeks or so i'll shake things up and do two widths which amounts to 40 reps
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

If I do them at the gym I usually walk from the front doors to the entrance to the basketball court. At work I walk the width of the apparatus garage. (10 steps per leg either way) After resting a few minutes I try to make it back to my starting point If I make it all the way back I know it's time to move up to the next size DBs for my next workout.

For regular lunges I "try" to do at least 12 reps, which is 6 reps per leg.

For walking lunges I go outside and walk across the yard, and that comes to 14 reps, 7 per leg.

I would just keep the reps high, most people do it seems. Also if you do say 20 reps you are really only doing 10 per leg, this might be why people do them like this. You will get major assdoms after you do them, enjoy