Thread: Shiny face

Shiny face

My face get pretty greasy/shiny, really just on my forehead and nose. I know it's fairly common but I really hate it and does anyone know of anything to help minimize it?

i feel your pain man (behomoth- thats a man's sn i hope)
    my skin just produces tons of oil
    you can dab it with a paper towel or somethin at various points in the day, i think i remember seein oil absorbing pads made by clearisil or clean an clear- remember, its not girly if it helps you get girls-
    6'0 - 176lb
    ~14% bf

Quote Originally Posted by body
    - women eat cream cakes when you are not looking and have chocolate in hiding places. There are no journal articles to refernce this fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinstarke
    I found that while my friends were good at drawing or skating i was good at moving heavy objects.

yeah clearisil or something like that makes oil absorbing sheets, they work very well. how old are you, becouse i rember when i was in highschool i had a very oily face but it has let up since then.
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    Creatine is Overrated Social Group
    supplements are used to supplement!!
    "why do i train so hard? so i can play harder!"
    -kobe bryant

yea during your teenage years- your oil glands will be hard at work especially with all the hormonal changes
    6'0 - 176lb
    ~14% bf

- women eat cream cakes when you are not looking and have chocolate in hiding places. There are no journal articles to refernce this fact.
    I found that while my friends were good at drawing or skating i was good at moving heavy objects.

I'm 17. Do you know the specific name of the pads?
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Wannabebig Member
    I used those cleansing pads way back when I was a teenie-bopper. Noxema, I think. They worked brilliantly. Just remember to wash your face first.
    "Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had." - Linus Torvalds

I don't really have this prolbem but I do notice my skin is oilier in the morning. I use a face wash in the shower and it keeps my face oil free all day.

I would also try a fash wash in the morning
    Age 23 | Height 5'11 | Weight 175 lbs. | Body Fat 12% | Bench 250 lbs. | Squat 315 lbs. | Deadlift 385 lbs. | Goal Sex up more girls and get career

damn i had this problem in highschool too. I would carry toilet paper with me and dry my face in the bathroom BWAHAHA.
    It lets up eventually man when you hit your mid 20s
    Something has been taken from deep inside of me
    The secret I’ve kept locked away no one can ever see
    Wounds so deep they never show they never go away
    Like moving pictures in my head for years and years they’ve played

Thanks stabber, thats pretty much EXACTLY what I wanted to hear.

Andres, I do use a face wash but the oil only stays away for 2 or 3 hours, then it gets progressivelyoiler and shinier.

Linuxchix, do you remember the name of them? Are they like an anti-acne pad or a pad thats actually made to absorb oil? And do you use them before your face gets oily or when it does?

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

another thing man- check your diet
    eat alot of mexican or greasy foods?
    cut it
    eat alot of sugar?
    cut it
    I noticed that when i eat healthier, not only is less oil on my skin- my face is clearer too
    6'0 - 176lb
    ~14% bf

It's a Republic dammit! reloaded's Avatar
    like some peeps said, its a teenage thing. actually, the last couple of years i didnt have problems with oily skin that much because i had facial hair. facial hair took the place of zits and now i have to shave everyday but anyway, just use a facial wash such as clearasil, noxema, or oxy and it will help clear it away. btw, all the myths about chocolate and greasy foods making it worse are totally FALSE. that is all.
    Too cool for school.
    My Blog

If you're at home you can use rubbing alcohol and cotton balls (not from rabbits ). Much cheaper than commercial products. Don't let the alcohol fumes irritate your eyes and obviously don't get liquid alcohol in your eyes.

Originally posted by Delphi
    If you're at home you can use rubbing alcohol and cotton balls (not from rabbits ). Much cheaper than commercial products. Don't let the alcohol fumes irritate your eyes and obviously don't get liquid alcohol in your eyes.
    i did this , and it works great especaly if your cheap like me. them sheets i used was clearacel oil asorbing sheets. they are made to do just that, they dont have any cleaning stuff on them at all. there just blue sheets
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    Creatine is Overrated Social Group
    supplements are used to supplement!!
    "why do i train so hard? so i can play harder!"
    -kobe bryant

theyre arent supposed to clean. theyre supposed to absorb oil..
    blue sheets of some material that abosrbs oil really well.. theyre not too shabby
    6'0 - 176lb
    ~14% bf

I was making a purchase from Netrition one day and came across this stuff and being a sufferer of oily skin I figured what the heck.
    I'm 27 and my skin is so oily its rediculous and there have been no signs that its letting up at all!!!
    This stuff does an amazing job of keeping my skin dry! I highly recommend it

http://www9.netrition.com/ferndale_clinac_oc_page.html

Clinac™ O.C.

For the Control and Reduction of Excessive Facial Oil With Oil-Imbibing Polymers

No one likes to have an oily, shiny face … it's that simple. Facial shine is an issue that has troubled many people, and for the longest time there really wasn't any relief. That is all about to change...

Clinac™ O.C. is a brand new water-based "oil control" gel that offers continuous facial oil control where you need it, and not where you don't. Clinac™ O.C. uses "oil absorbing" micro-particles that actually "drink up" the excess oil from your face instead of "drying" it up. Clinical studies have shown that it will not irritate your skin. Simply wash your hands and face with a gentle cleanser and apply a pea-sized amount all over your face. Clinac™ O.C. is safe to use with "oil-free" cosmetics and any facial medications.

When applying, Clinac™ O.C. goes on before make-up but after any medications. New Clinac™ O.C. works where you need it, not where you don't... it's that simple.
    Last edited by geoffgarcia; 11-24-2003 at 08:29 AM.

If thats as good as you make it out to be, I guess I love you. A few questions before I purchase. Does it cause you to break out at all? Because I use a facewash but no creams or anything, they usually make me breakout. Also, how long does that tube last you?

I haven't broken out at all from it, also I only use a tiny amount of it as it goes a long way. I can imagine a tube lasting quite a while, maybe 4 months or so...depending on how often/how much u use. I figured for the 14$ its worth a shot...

Was your face shiny or just oily? Because the shine is what I'm really aggravated with. If so, hows this work at elimating the shine? Sorry, I'm a poor boy, but a desperate boy.

shine is from the oil my man
    6'0 - 176lb
    ~14% bf

Yeah... I know. Thats common sense. Still, my cheeks and neck get "greasy" but they don't shine.

My face was mostly just oily, I never really noticed much of a shine issue...
    Now I use this oil stuff and a few hours later put on some facial moisturizer (oil free) and couldn't be happier.
    Best of luck!