The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 61 1231151 ... LastLast

Jack Daniel's Bastard Son

Well, well, well.........I finally climbed out of my drunken, Jack Daniel's fueled stupor to get a new journal together. The old one and old times are long since gone and its time to start anew. I'm a slacker what can I say? And when you let whiskey and Killians control the better part of your life bad things happen. Like losing 5 lbs of muscle. Or becoming even weaker than you once were. Sure I've had some good times, but on the whole I should have kept up with my lifting. Alot of things kept me away, but its all excuses. So here it is my first workout in a solid 2 months.

November 24, 2003 Tri/Chest Day

Weight: 155lbs

Bench Press: 165x8- wow did this gone down A TON! I couldnt believe the drop....../sadness

Incline Bench: 135x3x8- see above

Tricep Pulldown: 65x8, 70x8, 75x8

Dips: BWx3x10

Pushups:BWx3x10

Flyes:90x8, 100x8, 100x8

So there you have it. Point and laugh....please. I deserve it.

Leg day tomorrow........aye de mi!
    " ...if all else fails, just whip out those b'normous biceps!!!!!!! Teh lad33z <3 teh str3ngth!"- McIrish

"An Irishman has an abiding sense of tragedy which sustains him through temporary periods of joy..."

"When a man is in love, is jealous, and has been whipped by the Inquisition, he is no longer himself..."- Voltaire

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

On Auto Pilot:******* Huge Alke's Avatar

there ya go! nice to see you back.....
    My Journal
    Progress Pic

1RM's
    30MAY03 = 800 Total - Bench 230, Squat 245, Deadlift 325
    22OCT04 = 960 Total - Bench 275, Squat 305, Deadlift 380

Most push-ups in one minute = 102 (BW:195lbs)

Some men see things as they are and say, "Why?" I dream things that never were and say, "Why not?" - George B. Shaw

FOOD is my drug of choice

Nice Title.

Good luck w/ your goals and stuff.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Now where have I seen that title before?

155 eh? You came back just in time to watch me bulk again! (I'm 144 now.)

Good luck with the new journal. People often initially make gains quickly after taking time off due to factors such as muscle/nueral memory.

get your ass back in the gym!
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Hittin the legs tonight! Eating as we speak, gotta get back into the swing of these. Atleast I get to see hot blondes in class today
    " ...if all else fails, just whip out those b'normous biceps!!!!!!! Teh lad33z <3 teh str3ngth!"- McIrish

"An Irishman has an abiding sense of tragedy which sustains him through temporary periods of joy..."

"When a man is in love, is jealous, and has been whipped by the Inquisition, he is no longer himself..."- Voltaire

I'll be DAMNED! Welcome back dude and good luck with your goals.

Could it be? *rubs eyes* OMG! It's the Batard son of the Man in Black.

Git yer ass squatin' son!
    Nice to see ya back.

What the ****. Why even come back? Youre just going to get depressed about girls and drink yourself away again. 155 tuttut Eat, you whore. Maybe next time you quit and come back youll be 145. You better have been getting laid at least
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

Sorry nothing good to report on the woman front as of now.

Ob la di, Ob la da.........life goes on.

"We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

Selfproclaimed Fancy Pants wibble's Avatar
    Hey mike! Good to see you getting back into things! I was beginning to think you were an alcohol induced hallucination. I said I was getting back into things like a month or so ago and never did...I've been priming myself for the past couple weeks to make a comeback. I'm going on a little trip Thursday till Tuesday, but I think after that I'm going to start up again.

Money situation is tight at school right now though, don't know how much of a 'bulk' I'll be able to do. I just want to get back into it and worry about gaining Christmas time.

Good luck you alcoholic bastard!

Correction Wibble: Im not an alcoholic. Alcoholics goto meetings.

No no, Im back. I even gave up a night of drinking tonight to do squats! I gave up Jack Daniel's Whiskey for squats! w00t!

25 November 2003 Leg Day

Weight:155 lbs

Squats: 185x10(n), 185x8(n), 190x6(n)- Oh back to squatting and did it feel good or what?! I missed it so much and I gave up a night of whiskey for them!

Calf Raise: 220x3x10(n)- I did these on the standing machine. Eh. Probably move to the seated one with the plates next week.

DB Lunges: 50x8(n), 50x8(n), 55x8(n)- These plus the squats left me with some serious jello legs.

So this was my 1st leg day back. I REALLY felt the squats and the lunges. I think this workout looks a little light, but Im sure I will feel it tomorrow. Im already getting up slow tonight.

*******HOT CHICK REPORT******

1. Hot Anthro Chick- yeah she's still around, I needed to get some notes off her today since I didnt make class in nigh on a week. I might see her out tomorrow. She's hot and blonde. What else does a man need?

2. Hot Gym Front Desk Chick- This one is a hot greek chick. I dont have a shot in hell with her. In fact I think the flying machine I recently constructed has a better shot of going to the moon than I do of nailing this one.

Cool song of the Day: "Ob La Di, Ob La Da"-The Beatles

Currently Reading: "The Bitter Woods"- Eisenhower, about the Battle of Ardennes (aka The Bulge)

Originally posted by clvmike19
    Correction Wibble: Im not an alcoholic. Alcoholics goto meetings.
    LMAO!!!! There's the quotes that I've missed for so long. Always good for a laugh.

Nice leg day mike!

2 days in a row could be the start of a trend here.....good man even filed a HCR!!

yes a hot chick report!!! sweet squattin
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Yeah Im feelin those squats this fine Ohio morn. Skipping history class as we speak.....My best friend returns from Philly tonight so there will be some craziness to speak of in the next installment.

Time to eat........

That's crazy that you have class today. Half the campus at Purdue was gone yesterday. (our last day of class before the break)
    5-9 170

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    Good luck.. I guess you can see the silver lining of working out thru that boozy haze of yours.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

Good to see ya back at it dude! Try to stay away from the wiskey would ya'? Just become a man whore instead of a lush, at least then you'll be getting some cardio out of it !
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins

28 November 2003 Bi/Back Day

Weight: 157lbs

So I got back into it after a long turkey day and off day on friday. Turkey night I got drunk and came home late. My friend Kristen called to see if I was alive........at 2:30am. That didnt make my mom too happy lol. Last night was cool. We hung out at a friends house and three of us had guitars and jammed all night. Also stole a road barrell.

DB Curl: 25x8, 30x8, 35x8

Pullups: BWx8, BW25x8, BW25x8

Low Row: 150x8, 150x8, 160x8

Pulldown: 140x3x8

DB Shrugs: 70x3x8

Raquetball: two games, won 15-12, lost 15-3

I didnt get a chance to do my other curls or DB Rows. So that sucked but I feel good.And I gained two pounds this week. SO booya!......

***********HOT CHICK REPORT********

1. Hot Grey Tank Top Chick- Saw this one doing cool things on the leg machines. She had a nice, niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice rack Made some eye contact, I think she was checking me out. Or she was getting a detailed description for the police report.

2. Hot Amazon Chick- Ok ok. So shes 6 feet tall and she could kick my ass if needed. BUT! wow she has a nice body. Watching her running on the treadmill was worth getting stuffed in the locker. I swear!

3. Hot Dark Haired Girl Chick: This one looks like a good gf. Just dressed in a simple sweat pants and t shirt. But she had the dark, dark hair that I love so much. Aye de mi!

4. Hottest Girl in the Mall Chick- WOW! WOOOOOOOW! This one had it all. All the things that makes Michael want to jump into the river. Let me run down the list. Black knee boots. Curley Blonde hair tied up. Blue eyes. Tight red sweater. AND the one that sealed it..........Short plaid catholic school girl skirt!!!!! I saw this one. Sputtered something to my friends, drooled a bit, passed out in a puddle of my own filth.......wow.

Nice workout Mike. Man you got smoked that second rb game huh? lol

Nice HCR. It's been too long without 'em.

I got owned. But my friend is very good. So I was happy to win the 1st game. Plus my legs are still tired from Squats on wed and Turkey Day Football game on thurs.

HCR..........that skirt killed me.